[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by LA KB24

this my sound crazy but imagine magic johnson coaching!! im not saying it wll happen but since he was talking alot about Lakers well lets see if he can make them better...
indifferent.gif

this my sound crazy but imagine magic johnson coaching!! im not saying it wll happen but since he was talking alot about Lakers well lets see if he can make them better...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

indifferent.gif

uhhhhh hell no.  honestly, it doesnt even seem like magic likes the lakers like that, on some salty %#@*.   he always pops %#@* during the season and then if they win the chip he's the first one on stage to touch the trophy. smh. plus idk if you've ever heard him talk...yeaaaa he's an idiot.

errrrrrahhhhh...its a little late ron...

indifferent.gif

uhhhhh hell no.  honestly, it doesnt even seem like magic likes the lakers like that, on some salty %#@*.   he always pops %#@* during the season and then if they win the chip he's the first one on stage to touch the trophy. smh. plus idk if you've ever heard him talk...yeaaaa he's an idiot.

errrrrrahhhhh...its a little late ron...

He wasn't player/coach, he was just a bad coach. 

And a bad announcer

And a bad commentator

He don't need a job within our org in any shape or form other then a 5% type owner simply off what he did for us, but that's it. 

I don't mean to disrespect LA KB24 at all, just the idea itself needed a good stoneface. 

He wasn't player/coach, he was just a bad coach. 

And a bad announcer

And a bad commentator

He don't need a job within our org in any shape or form other then a 5% type owner simply off what he did for us, but that's it. 

I don't mean to disrespect LA KB24 at all, just the idea itself needed a good stoneface. 

My predictions for the head coaching situation:

Hire Brian Shaw to "baby sit" this team. If the right moves are made *cough* Dwight Howard *cough* then Phil returns in 2012-13.

or

Hire a coach that preaches more uptempo basketball because that's what Jerry Buss wants. More "Showtime", less "Triangle Offense".

My predictions for the head coaching situation:

Hire Brian Shaw to "baby sit" this team. If the right moves are made *cough* Dwight Howard *cough* then Phil returns in 2012-13.

or

Hire a coach that preaches more uptempo basketball because that's what Jerry Buss wants. More "Showtime", less "Triangle Offense".

lol yea guess you guys are right but who could lakers have to coach then? i would like brian shaw because he know how kobe is and i think he wont have any problems with him

lol yea guess you guys are right but who could lakers have to coach then? i would like brian shaw because he know how kobe is and i think he wont have any problems with him

Magic Johnson as coach...

steve-nash-no-thanks-o.gif

He just needs to disappear honestly, the ONLY thing he was great at was basketball. Y'all remember "the Magic Hour"
sick.gif
and the tin foil suits he wears? Yikes

Magic Johnson as coach...

steve-nash-no-thanks-o.gif

He just needs to disappear honestly, the ONLY thing he was great at was basketball. Y'all remember "the Magic Hour"
sick.gif
and the tin foil suits he wears? Yikes

The question is if we're going to run the triangle or not.

If we're not running it then Shaw is not happening. I'm not a JVG fan but I'm open to other ideas.

The question is if we're going to run the triangle or not.

If we're not running it then Shaw is not happening. I'm not a JVG fan but I'm open to other ideas.

Those of you reading between the lines, more showtime means less Bynum, more Dwight. 
wink.gif

Only one of them dudes can actually "run" the floor.  And you need rebounds to run, and Dwight handles both, nicely. 
happy.gif

I would be shocked though if Phil really did come back a year later, AGAIN.  I mean, damn dude. 
laugh.gif

My thing about Magic, here was this dude who ran thru the 80's and our MO was simple, get beat, make a tweak on the fly, and come back and win the title the next year. 
Lost in 81, come back and win in 82. 
Lost in 83-84, come back and win in 85.
Lost in 86, come back and win in 87 and 88. 

All by adding a small piece here and there, a Mycharl Thompson, role guys like that.  We lost in 91, we went and filled our weakness (secondary ballhandler to play off Magic) to come back in 92, but of course Magic was forced to retire. 

So here you have a guy that saw a championship team evolve over the course of a decade, they take one bad loss, and he says "blow it up"? 
grin.gif

"Blow it up" your @#$ Magic.  We make a couple moves and we right back where we need to be, plus the extra 7 weeks of off season you don't get when you make deep runs in the playoffs.  Come on Magic, you should know better than that. 
30t6p3b.gif

Those of you reading between the lines, more showtime means less Bynum, more Dwight. 
wink.gif

Only one of them dudes can actually "run" the floor.  And you need rebounds to run, and Dwight handles both, nicely. 
happy.gif

I would be shocked though if Phil really did come back a year later, AGAIN.  I mean, damn dude. 
laugh.gif

My thing about Magic, here was this dude who ran thru the 80's and our MO was simple, get beat, make a tweak on the fly, and come back and win the title the next year. 

All by adding a small piece here and there, a Mycharl Thompson, role guys like that.  We lost in 91, we went and filled our weakness (secondary ballhandler to play off Magic) to come back in 92, but of course Magic was forced to retire. 

So here you have a guy that saw a championship team evolve over the course of a decade, they take one bad loss, and he says "blow it up"? 
grin.gif

"Blow it up" your @#$ Magic.  We make a couple moves and we right back where we need to be, plus the extra 7 weeks of off season you don't get when you make deep runs in the playoffs.  Come on Magic, you should know better than that. 
30t6p3b.gif

I dont understand why people are acting as if Dwight going to L.A is such a ridiculous comment. Hes in the last year of his contract with a HORRIBLE supporting cast with him in ORL (Who for the next three years are probably in a worse cap situation than the lakers)...... ORL is pretty much forced to trade this guy or lose him for nothing and have no kind of cap movement for years. 

With that new arena in ORL do you really think they are just going to let the best center since Shaq  leave for nothing.... And once again just like any other Big free Agent nowadays D12 has the chance to dictate where hes going by simply saying he doesnt want to play on certain teams. 

I dont understand why people are acting as if Dwight going to L.A is such a ridiculous comment. Hes in the last year of his contract with a HORRIBLE supporting cast with him in ORL (Who for the next three years are probably in a worse cap situation than the lakers)...... ORL is pretty much forced to trade this guy or lose him for nothing and have no kind of cap movement for years. 

With that new arena in ORL do you really think they are just going to let the best center since Shaq  leave for nothing.... And once again just like any other Big free Agent nowadays D12 has the chance to dictate where hes going by simply saying he doesnt want to play on certain teams. 

wink.gif

happy.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
yea i was thinking the same. and since kobe doesnt have any surgeries he needs to have no any of the other guys, they can rehab all summer and come back strong and rested in september.

Back
Top Bottom