[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Deron/Chris
Kobe
Iggy
Bynum
Dwight

Odom
Artest
Walton
DFish
Barnes
Aaron Brooks
JR Smith

coach: Jeff Van Gundy

Welcome to the 2011-2012 season, ladies and gents.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
This squad though...
eek.gif

With JVG coaching D!  Holy.....

Man, we have off-season thread already and we're only halfway thru semi-finals, It hurts i tell ya..
laugh.gif

I hope we come back stronger than ever next season!

Man, we have off-season thread already and we're only halfway thru semi-finals, It hurts i tell ya..
laugh.gif

I hope we come back stronger than ever next season!

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Tough loss, can't win em all of the time.

I say trade Bynum while he has value because he's just gunna get injured again.
The biggest need is obviously a point guard, Fisher was probably the worst starting pg in the league.

Bynum/LO for Howard is the dream move, I don't think Otis does it tho. Which means we'll have the same team next year.
I don't see a NBA ran Hornets team trading Chris Paul to the Lakers.

I can't wait until the lottery so I can come up with crazy ways the Lakers could trade for Kyrie
laugh.gif

You make very good points, the deciding factor will ultimately be how bad D.Howard wants to leave the Magic and how bad he wants to be a Laker.  This is the only pressure Otis will feel to trade this guy.  If he stays mum no move will be made.  The other nail you hit in the head was the PG position but I still say we can only upgrade there through signing a FA instead of trading one of our bigs (most likely Bynum) for a PG.  There is no way I want Pau as a starting C for all 82 games.  He is a crafty player with finesse skill but he's not a banger or shot blocker.  When you mix him with a 7 footer like Bynum then he becomes a defensive and shot-blocking threat.  I can't wait for the offseason to start we will probably sign a coach before the lockout and I'm curious to see who.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Tough loss, can't win em all of the time.

I say trade Bynum while he has value because he's just gunna get injured again.
The biggest need is obviously a point guard, Fisher was probably the worst starting pg in the league.

Bynum/LO for Howard is the dream move, I don't think Otis does it tho. Which means we'll have the same team next year.
I don't see a NBA ran Hornets team trading Chris Paul to the Lakers.

I can't wait until the lottery so I can come up with crazy ways the Lakers could trade for Kyrie
laugh.gif

You make very good points, the deciding factor will ultimately be how bad D.Howard wants to leave the Magic and how bad he wants to be a Laker.  This is the only pressure Otis will feel to trade this guy.  If he stays mum no move will be made.  The other nail you hit in the head was the PG position but I still say we can only upgrade there through signing a FA instead of trading one of our bigs (most likely Bynum) for a PG.  There is no way I want Pau as a starting C for all 82 games.  He is a crafty player with finesse skill but he's not a banger or shot blocker.  When you mix him with a 7 footer like Bynum then he becomes a defensive and shot-blocking threat.  I can't wait for the offseason to start we will probably sign a coach before the lockout and I'm curious to see who.

I was taking another look at the FA list for this offseason and saw Boris Diaw's name. Does this dude have anything left in the tank? he could bring some much needed help off the bench.

I was taking another look at the FA list for this offseason and saw Boris Diaw's name. Does this dude have anything left in the tank? he could bring some much needed help off the bench.

As much as you guys are saying bynum+scrubs for Howard, I don't see it happening. Bynum is one jump away from being out for a season. His contract is up there too, so its a big risk in my eyes, 15 mil is a nice chunk. Odumb, he has a hefty contract too. If they couldn't do it with Howard, I don't see them doing much more with fragile Bynum. If I'm Orlando, I say go for it all into try to resigning him. If he walks, he walks. There's no need for them to take on more horrendous contracts, they already do with Arenas and Turk

As much as you guys are saying bynum+scrubs for Howard, I don't see it happening. Bynum is one jump away from being out for a season. His contract is up there too, so its a big risk in my eyes, 15 mil is a nice chunk. Odumb, he has a hefty contract too. If they couldn't do it with Howard, I don't see them doing much more with fragile Bynum. If I'm Orlando, I say go for it all into try to resigning him. If he walks, he walks. There's no need for them to take on more horrendous contracts, they already do with Arenas and Turk

CP1708:
Well, tough season to get thru. 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm sorry things didn't work out as we had all hoped, but as crazy as it sounds, we aren't going to win every single year. 
laugh.gif

Lotta stuff went well for us this year, but alot also went south on us.  It sucks that Phil goes out like this, but I suspect he feels like he wasn't getting thru to his players anymore.  Regardless, his career will never be matched. 

We all have spoke about Dwight, and it's gotten to the point that I feel the same about this as I did the KG to LA campaign we ran for so many years. 

If we don't get Dwight, then the obvious next need HAS to be PG.  I love Fish more than anybody except probably Ska, but he should go ahead and move to the bench now.  I think Blake got a raw deal this year.  I never liked the guy, but his fit is a good one in LA, he just struggled this season.  He can also spot fill between 1-2 if we are able to add a better starting PG. 

PMatic mentioned getting JR Smith.  Dude is a damn clown, but his skills are exactly what we badly need.  An athletic player with range for days.  Last year I wanted us to get Ray Allen, but of course Boston had the upper hand there, Smith is like Ray, but alot dumber. 
laugh.gif
  And without Phil, I dunno if we wanna put a first year coach in charge of JR.  My guess is we would have to hope he would listen to Kobe. 

Better PG
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Bynum

LO
Fisher
Ebanks

Is still a solid solid core.  We would need to tweak the back end of that bench, and we MUST add shooting somewhere.  I only remember 2 of us being upset about Sasha getting moved, and this was why.  Add to that, we gave up our #1 as well in the deal.  ALL FAIL. 
30t6p3b.gif

One bright side, Luke is that much closer to being off our books. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
  Small victories.
Yeah, we definitely need a change at the PG position. THing is...
CP1708:
Smith is like Ray,
... wait, WHAT?!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry, was tryin to get it posted real quick here at work. 

I meant in terms of range/shooting, not accuracy or any of that. 
laugh.gif
  But it would be nice to have someone of that ilk to play minutes for Kobe, but also play along with Kobe when we slide him to the SF spot.  I thought Ray woulda been perfect for us this year, even though we don't run enough screens for people, we could have adapted a way to do so. 

One thing I am hopeful for, is for Ebanks to improve greatly.  He could really add something to us imo, like what Trevor did.  I have gone back and forth by the series in terms of, we coulda used Trevor here, (woulda been great vs Phoenix) but need Ron for this one (Boston, OKC).  Well, imagine if we could have both sort of.  Ron to be physical in stretches, and Ebanks to be the speed slasher type player that might have helped us close out on shooters better vs Dallas as well as drive to the rim. 

I hope like hell someone works with that kid all summer long.  He would be a HUGE boost if he got his game up to snuff. 

Not sure if we'll get anything out of Caracter.  He may not even be on the team next year, but we'll see. 

CP1708:
Well, tough season to get thru. 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm sorry things didn't work out as we had all hoped, but as crazy as it sounds, we aren't going to win every single year. 
laugh.gif

Lotta stuff went well for us this year, but alot also went south on us.  It sucks that Phil goes out like this, but I suspect he feels like he wasn't getting thru to his players anymore.  Regardless, his career will never be matched. 

We all have spoke about Dwight, and it's gotten to the point that I feel the same about this as I did the KG to LA campaign we ran for so many years. 

If we don't get Dwight, then the obvious next need HAS to be PG.  I love Fish more than anybody except probably Ska, but he should go ahead and move to the bench now.  I think Blake got a raw deal this year.  I never liked the guy, but his fit is a good one in LA, he just struggled this season.  He can also spot fill between 1-2 if we are able to add a better starting PG. 

PMatic mentioned getting JR Smith.  Dude is a damn clown, but his skills are exactly what we badly need.  An athletic player with range for days.  Last year I wanted us to get Ray Allen, but of course Boston had the upper hand there, Smith is like Ray, but alot dumber. 
laugh.gif
  And without Phil, I dunno if we wanna put a first year coach in charge of JR.  My guess is we would have to hope he would listen to Kobe. 

Better PG
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Bynum

LO
Fisher
Ebanks

Is still a solid solid core.  We would need to tweak the back end of that bench, and we MUST add shooting somewhere.  I only remember 2 of us being upset about Sasha getting moved, and this was why.  Add to that, we gave up our #1 as well in the deal.  ALL FAIL. 
30t6p3b.gif

One bright side, Luke is that much closer to being off our books. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
  Small victories.
Yeah, we definitely need a change at the PG position. THing is...
CP1708:
Smith is like Ray,
... wait, WHAT?!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry, was tryin to get it posted real quick here at work. 

I meant in terms of range/shooting, not accuracy or any of that. 
laugh.gif
  But it would be nice to have someone of that ilk to play minutes for Kobe, but also play along with Kobe when we slide him to the SF spot.  I thought Ray woulda been perfect for us this year, even though we don't run enough screens for people, we could have adapted a way to do so. 

One thing I am hopeful for, is for Ebanks to improve greatly.  He could really add something to us imo, like what Trevor did.  I have gone back and forth by the series in terms of, we coulda used Trevor here, (woulda been great vs Phoenix) but need Ron for this one (Boston, OKC).  Well, imagine if we could have both sort of.  Ron to be physical in stretches, and Ebanks to be the speed slasher type player that might have helped us close out on shooters better vs Dallas as well as drive to the rim. 

I hope like hell someone works with that kid all summer long.  He would be a HUGE boost if he got his game up to snuff. 

Not sure if we'll get anything out of Caracter.  He may not even be on the team next year, but we'll see. 

Exit interviews live stream.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/multimedia/livestream.html

Below is the schedule for exit interviews over the next two days:
Tuesday:
9:00 – Andrew Bynum
9:30 – Ron Artest
10:00 – Steve Blake
10:30 – Shannon Brown
11:00 – Luke Walton
11:30 – Derek Fisher

1:00 – Pau Gasol
1:30 – Theo Ratliff
2:00 – Joe Smith
2:30 – Devin Ebanks
3:00 – Trey Johnson
3:30 – Derrick Caracter

Wednesday:
10:00 – Kobe Bryant
10:30 – Matt Barnes
11:00 – Lamar Odom

After Lamar, Mitch Kupchak will meet with the media and then Phil Jackson.

Exit interviews live stream.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/multimedia/livestream.html

Below is the schedule for exit interviews over the next two days:
Tuesday:
9:00 – Andrew Bynum
9:30 – Ron Artest
10:00 – Steve Blake
10:30 – Shannon Brown
11:00 – Luke Walton
11:30 – Derek Fisher

1:00 – Pau Gasol
1:30 – Theo Ratliff
2:00 – Joe Smith
2:30 – Devin Ebanks
3:00 – Trey Johnson
3:30 – Derrick Caracter

Wednesday:
10:00 – Kobe Bryant
10:30 – Matt Barnes
11:00 – Lamar Odom

After Lamar, Mitch Kupchak will meet with the media and then Phil Jackson.

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

He's still ok, but we need to get more athletic, not less.

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

He's still ok, but we need to get more athletic, not less.

skip names, just off of what i've watched we need:

- a great pg, but we can settle for a fast decent one, cp is great, same with dwill, jameer perhaps, aaron brooks. when is walls rookie contract up? next year?

- at least 2 3-pt shooters. good perimeter defense will lock up one, but with 2 to stretch the floor, really opens things up.

- if bynums body was 100%, he'd be fine to stay, but dwight brings soooo much to the table with his defense and offensive abilities.

- defensive minded coach, that also preaches mental toughness for those stretches when the guys get lacksidaisical.

- some advancements in the bench. preferably somebody that can bring instant offense. hopefully somebody that started on another squad and willing to come off the bench.

these are alot of things to ask for, but they seem to be the most important. this is where we lacked in the dallas series and also in the past. if we could find a way to match up with every single team, we'll be back to figure form. i'm sure blake will want to sign with us when is rookine contract is up as well.

skip names, just off of what i've watched we need:

- a great pg, but we can settle for a fast decent one, cp is great, same with dwill, jameer perhaps, aaron brooks. when is walls rookie contract up? next year?

- at least 2 3-pt shooters. good perimeter defense will lock up one, but with 2 to stretch the floor, really opens things up.

- if bynums body was 100%, he'd be fine to stay, but dwight brings soooo much to the table with his defense and offensive abilities.

- defensive minded coach, that also preaches mental toughness for those stretches when the guys get lacksidaisical.

- some advancements in the bench. preferably somebody that can bring instant offense. hopefully somebody that started on another squad and willing to come off the bench.

these are alot of things to ask for, but they seem to be the most important. this is where we lacked in the dallas series and also in the past. if we could find a way to match up with every single team, we'll be back to figure form. i'm sure blake will want to sign with us when is rookine contract is up as well.

i know the lakers are out but tell me why how i woke up i was looking foward to them playing to and forgot that they are out...:/

i was thinking Van gundy coaching but idk if him and kobe could work out good...

this my sound crazy but imagine magic johnson coaching!! im not saying it wll happen but since he was talking alot about Lakers well lets see if he can make them better...

i know the lakers are out but tell me why how i woke up i was looking foward to them playing to and forgot that they are out...:/

i was thinking Van gundy coaching but idk if him and kobe could work out good...

this my sound crazy but imagine magic johnson coaching!! im not saying it wll happen but since he was talking alot about Lakers well lets see if he can make them better...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I don't know how many more times this has to be said, but IF the Magic make this deal, they would only be locked in to Drew and LO's contracts for the next season, both have team options for the following year, so if they don't pan out, no harm no foul, they just cut ties and have $27 million in cap room.

Just DO IT OTIS!

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I don't know how many more times this has to be said, but IF the Magic make this deal, they would only be locked in to Drew and LO's contracts for the next season, both have team options for the following year, so if they don't pan out, no harm no foul, they just cut ties and have $27 million in cap room.

Just DO IT OTIS!

so Ron wore his practice uniform to his exit interview and right after he was finished he went to the gym and started practicing..
smokin.gif

so Ron wore his practice uniform to his exit interview and right after he was finished he went to the gym and started practicing..
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom