[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

knowing the lakers..we'll probably win be 25 next game. everything will be tight and clean and everybody will be back on the wagon. its what we do

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

IM a HUGE Lakers fan Even though I live in New York. Some people would say to me why don't I root for my hometown team the Knicks and I dont care. I root for the team that has the most desire and passion to win and it's the Los Angeles Lakers. I hear people say oh Kobe's a Ballhog thats why they always win and those people are just haters. Honestly EVERYONE on the Lakers contributes Fisher hits clutch shots including 3's, Gasol is good in the paint and with his mid - range jumpers, Artest had a game winning shot in the Finals last year and can hit some big shots too, Odom is a great Shooter and can Even knock Down 3's, and Bynum is dominant in the paint and hard to defend, & of course Kobe is just the all star of the team and probaly the Greatest in the NBA right now. He does eveything he can to help his team win and thats why he's the Back to Back NBA Finals MVP.

I predicted The Lakers would win the Finals in 2009 Before the 2008 - 2009 PLayoffs Even Started NO LIE! Then I predicted they would repeat as champions the following year in 2010 and thats exactly what they did! I felt so happy for them and still do because I trsuted in them and they didnt fail me. You don't win a championship by luck you have to earn it and the Lakers have done just that these past two seasons. FOr Them to lose in the 2008 Finals to the Boston Celtics yeah that was dissapointing but for them to Come back the follwoing year recover make it to the NBA Finals AGAIN and Then BEAT the Orlando Magics for the Championship just shows the heart they have & how badly they wanted to win it for the fans after losing the previous year. I remember KObe being interviewed after they lost to the Celtics in the 2008 Finals he kept his cool and was EXTREMELY respectable to the Media about the loss. He remained calm and had faith in himself and his team. I remember him saying how he had fun and he enjoyed hearing all The "Beat LA" chants in Boston and thats what this game is about  and having fun and even though they didnt win that year they dusted themselves off and tried again the next year and Succeded against the Orlando Magics. THen they got Revenge on the Boston Celtics and beat them in the 2010 Finals the follwoing season in 7 games to successfully defend their Championship.

Another great thing about the Lakers is their Record in the Playoffs with Phil Jackson as the head coach. Anytime the Lakers have won Game 1 of ANY playoffs series they've always went on to win that series! THey are  48 - 0 in that situation! Thats Incredible to win the First game for a playoffs series 48 times and NEVER lose that Series is aboslutely amazing! Thats why when They Beat Boston in Game 1 of the Finals last season I knew they would win the CHampionship even if the series went to  seven games so I wasnt nervous.  I knew they wouldnt be 47 - 1 in that situation odds were against it!

However they don't got the current series against the Hornets locked yet as they have lost game 1
mad.gif

If they were to win game 1 vs the Hornets The Series would already be over before it's finished. However they have to recover and I'm goign to pray they do. All they have to do is put that losss behind them and win the next game . HOwever I watched that game and I dindt like the refs in that game. THe Lakers were getting fouled a lot and the refs werent calling all of them, but they called every foul for the Hornets and even gave thems some foulds they didnt deserve. I think the NBA refs are madd at KObe and the Lakers for the previous incident when Kobe called the ref the anti gay F - word, and now the refs are not making the right calls for the Lakers as payback. NBA refs have been known for cheating in the past and I think it's still goign on. I always talk out loud to myself when watching the game. I found myself repaeting the same phrase over and over as I was watching the game " WHERES THE FOUL??" OMG WHERES THE FOUL?" I said that over ten times on different occasions when watching game 1 so I know the lakers got Cheated by the refs.

However I give the hornets some credit they knocked down some good shots in game 1 especially chris paul.
ANYWAY GO LAKERS 3 PEAT AS NBA FINALS CHAMPIONS and Kobe will be back - to back to back NBA FInals MVP!! LA LAKERS YOUR FUTURE 2010 - 2011 NBA FINALS CHAMPIONS!!!!
Holy crap dude. You seriously typed all that ?
roll.gif

today i got calls from a knick fan, a bulls fan, and a houston rocket fan that claims he's a heat fan after the game, and a few texts from people who don't have a team because they only like players.

i never hear from these guys when the lakers win but i always hear from them when they lose. it was kinda amusing when i asked them how many games it takes to win a series.

also it was very amusing the reaction i got when i told them to bet money that the hornets will win the series since they were so hyped up and happy about todays game. no one was willing to make that bet.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Phil has been overrated. I wonder where would he be without MJ or KObe

Phil Overrated? Wow....
167jp1c.gif

Edit: Lakers team must show up this Wednesday. Pau better bring extra maxipads to this game. Lamar looked like he was more worried about his show on E tonight then the game. I like putting Johnson on the floor a bit more for game 2. This guy knows the offense since he was apart of the team during the pre-season, so its not like he doesn't know anything out there.

I blame this game on Blake
wink.gif
Lol people don't think Phil is overrated ? Clearly dude was out coached several times in past years playoff and finals. Example 04 finals, 06 first round, 08 game 4 and Finals. Last year we almost lost to OKC. And not to mention some strange regulars season games where we just lost to inferior team or gave up huge leads. Phil never play rookies too. Don't know why he always bury the rookies on the bench. Not saying that he's a mediocre coach but people need to realize he had some of the best players to ever touch the basketball that play for him . Talents can make a mediocre coach look good too don't forget that. Mike Brown and his tenure in Cleveland for example

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

today i got calls from a knick fan, a bulls fan, and a houston rocket fan that claims he's a heat fan after the game, and a few texts from people who don't have a team because they only like players.

i never hear from these guys when the lakers win but i always hear from them when they lose. it was kinda amusing when i asked them how many games it takes to win a series.

also it was very amusing the reaction i got when i told them to bet money that the hornets will win the series since they were so hyped up and happy about todays game. no one was willing to make that bet.
lol...same thing happened to me...phone blew up and without checking one text i knew what time it was... 
to be fair tho,when it looked like boston was about to lose my thumbs were primed and ready to shoot off a text to a few celts fans in response...didnt respond to anyone else because no one else matters(especially "heat" fans)

Originally Posted by VA757VA

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

lol...same thing happened to me...phone blew up and without checking one text i knew what time it was... 
to be fair tho,when it looked like boston was about to lose my thumbs were primed and ready to shoot off a text to a few celts fans in response...didnt respond to anyone else because no one else matters(especially "heat" fans)

the people who answer my calls when their team loses  i responded to,   my boy who's a rocket fan that claims he's a heat fan  i just told him i don't respect dudes that hop from team to team and that his rockets are on the clock right now for the draft.

Originally Posted by Freeze

knowing the lakers..we'll probably win be 25 next game. everything will be tight and clean and everybody will be back on the wagon. its what we do

THIS.

#not worried

I got a text FROM A SUNS FANS THAT SOMETIMES PRETENDS TO BE A BULLS FAN 
sick.gif

anyone remember how phil made luke guard pierce and that dude that blew out his knee in 2008? Those were automatic layups or 3 point plays every possesion.
I think he even made luke guard big baby at times.

yea man..it seems like nowadays nba is either a fan of a single player,or hop from team to team as they get hot...not that i have anything against that, but its the low times that make the good times SOOO much sweeter...im just that type of fan that cant switch alliances..

and being an east coast laker fan is the worse especially in VA..where all the local (wiz and bobcats) coverage simply dog the lakers just cause they are who they are...and that makes me love bein a lakers fan even more..lol...

Phil Overrated? Wow....
167jp1c.gif

Edit: Lakers team must show up this Wednesday. Pau better bring extra maxipads to this game. Lamar looked like he was more worried about his show on E tonight then the game. I like putting Johnson on the floor a bit more for game 2. This guy knows the offense since he was apart of the team during the pre-season, so its not like he doesn't know anything out there.

wink.gif
Lol people don't think Phil is overrated ? Clearly dude was out coached several times in past years playoff and finals. Example 04 finals, 06 first round, 08 game 4 and Finals. Last year we almost lost to OKC. And not to mention some strange regulars season games where we just lost to inferior team or gave up huge leads. Phil never play rookies too. Don't know why he always bury the rookies on the bench. Not saying that he's a mediocre coach but people need to realize he had some of the best players to ever touch the basketball that play for him . Talents can make a mediocre coach look good too don't forget that. Mike Brown and his tenure in Cleveland for example

Don't you dare compare Phil Jackson to Mike Brown.

LOL at saying phil is overrated..

thats why most of the people on this forum hates us lakers fans!

doesn't even make me want to read this thread anymore, might just stick to the NBA thread.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

LOL at saying phil is overrated..

thats why most of the people on this forum hates us lakers fans!

doesn't even make me want to read this thread anymore, might just stick to the NBA thread.

i been a laker fan since i was a little kid and i can't stand a good chunk of laker fans in the los angeles area because their so bandwagonish.   dudes that dissapeared from july 04 until the gasol trade  that came out of hibernation when the lakers went up 3-1 on phoenix and went back into their hole 6 days later only to come back midway in the 07-08 season can munch on a handfull of balls.  i know too many dudes around my way like that.

Originally Posted by Freeze

naw that was the old lakers. this lakers team is unpredictable. i wouldnt be surprised if they lose the next game or win by a bucket. they definately wont win by 25 though.

i dont think the lakers lose this series but the lack of effort and desire from the bigs this game is really irking me. its the playoffs. the quicker you get done the more rest you get.

still cannot believe they lost and not just lost they were down the whole game.

maybe kobe is the only guy not content with 2 titles...

Phil Overrated? Wow....
167jp1c.gif

wink.gif
04 Finals = Malone went down middle of the series. Maybe if Malone was healthy the Lakers would have won that series. Honestly, this Lakers squad was waaaay to over-hyped from the beginning. There was so much tension that whole season with the squad. This damn team couldn't even take a damn team picture together without even getting into it with each other. Kobe's ego at the time was ready to explode and with Shaq thinking he was still the best in the league  to Payton demanding the ball and being upset he wasn't getting enough touches. Team looked awesome on paper but couldn't play well with each other. Overall that locker room had way too much ego that season. There's a reason why everyone except Kobe stayed after this season.
06 First Round= Really? Tim Thomas hit a big 3 that kept the series going. We were ONE rebound away from getting away in that series. No Tim Thomas...Lakers move onto second round.
08 Finals= Team was assembled half way through the season. Bynum was injured and the Celtics obviously wanted the chip much more since they all signed together to join forces in Boston.

If Jackson was a over-rated coach then the same Lakers squad that got bounced in 2008 wouldn't have came back in 2009 with a vengeance in their minds.

Are you really blaming Phil for being out coached in those situations? Phil took a scrub Lakers team with Kwame and Smush to places most coaches would end up as the bottom feeders of the league.

Phil Overrated? Wow....
167jp1c.gif

wink.gif
04 Finals = Malone went down middle of the series. Maybe if Malone was healthy the Lakers would have won that series. Honestly, this Lakers squad was waaaay to over-hyped from the beginning. There was so much tension that whole season with the squad. This damn team couldn't even take a damn team picture together without even getting into it with each other. Kobe's ego at the time was ready to explode and with Shaq thinking he was still the best in the league  to Payton demanding the ball and being upset he wasn't getting enough touches. Team looked awesome on paper but couldn't play well with each other. Overall that locker room had way too much ego that season. There's a reason why everyone except Kobe stayed after this season.
06 First Round= Really? Tim Thomas hit a big 3 that kept the series going. We were ONE rebound away from getting away in that series. No Tim Thomas...Lakers move onto second round.
08 Finals= Team was assembled half way through the season. Bynum was injured and the Celtics obviously wanted the chip much more since they all signed together to join forces in Boston.

If Jackson was a over-rated coach then the same Lakers squad that got bounced in 2008 wouldn't have came back in 2009 with a vengeance in their minds.

Are you really blaming Phil for being out coached in those situations? Phil took a scrub Lakers team with Kwame and Smush to places most coaches would end up as the bottom feeders of the league.

04  perhaps if malone was healthy they win but i blame 04 more on the dyfunctional mindset of the team and that piston team realy came together and was a force on defense.

06  the lakers winning 3 games against that suns team is an accomplishment itself.  it sucks they couldn't finish the job though

08  game 4 and 6 of that finals still hurt but if anyone told me prior to that season that the lakers would be playing in game 6 of the nba finals that season i would've looked at them like they were the biggest idiot ever. the 08 team overachieved by getting to the finals in the first place.

hope the lakers can use these next few days to rest up and nurse injuries (blake with the chicken pox and barnes with his knee)

still not worried.

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

Funny pic I found to cheer y'all up a lil... I hope he shows up for game 2...

laugh.gif

dudes need to chill on pau though.

dude played like a man in the biggest game of his career this past june and was a huge reason the lakers are back to back champs in the first place  so i'll give him a pass for a game like yesterdays game.   pau will show up.

Playing well a year ago DOES NOT give you a pass for playing poorly in the first game of this year's playoffs.

i agree. great performance last year doesn't give you a pass this year. bigs need to show up and make a statement next game, or post-season is a wrap for us.

You fools make it hard to come in here. All the bull posted trying to make sense of things.

Everyone ST FU and listen...

Pau and Bynum combine for 16 shot ATTEMPTS

Artest with the most rebounds? At 11?

Kobe takes 26 shots, next highest is Gasol @ 2-9

Can you experts that are saying Phil is overrated explain why the LAKERS are shooting jump shots instead of feeding the ball inside?!?! Did Phil tell them that?

Jesus christ you dudes are idiots.

BOTTOM LINE...

I'm disgusted. As a fan, why am I gonna care if my own team doesn't care.

Lakers need to open a can of try-hard and get their heads out of their arses and into this series.

Forget about the huge disadvantage at the 1... all the problems we had Sunday are INTERNAL and correctable with some god damned effort.

^ Did you even watch the game? Of Gasol's 9 attempts, how many of them were in the paint? I watched too many plays were Pau failed to fight for position, and ended up posting up somewhere a few feet short of the 3 point line
30t6p3b.gif
 Bynum played okay, and definitely should've gotten a few more touches but foul trouble kinda prevented him from really getting any kind of rhythm out there. 
Anyway, the game wasn't lost on the offensive end. There's no way this Hornet team should be putting up 100+ on anyone, let alone the defending champs. 

Back
Top Bottom