[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I mean you can take a few things away from the game today.NO played almost a perfect game  of basketball. high FG %, 3 turnovers, won the FT battle, won all hustle plays. However, with 3 min left we were within 4, with Pau, Lamar, Drew being ghost on offense and D.We're a better team overall and we're going to win this 7 game series.

Kobe did his job, it's unfortunate because I see him shooting like 39% next game. It just has to be frustrating for dude to personally expend himself to keep them/get them  back in the game and the rest of the team doesn't help him out.
grin.gif

The crowd wasn't into the game because the team wasn't into the game. Go out there and take yourself and your opponent seriously and play how you're supposed to play. *++% Lamar for spamming twitter and going on access hollywood to promote his stupid TV show. Concentrate on your $@#+*@# game.

PS: Give that new dude Trey Johnson more playing time Phil.

Fisher always getting torched and being over played. He wouldn't start on any other team but the Lakers. I'm not just saying that cuz of tonight either, love D-Fish, hopefully he stays clutch one last post season, but no idea why Phil plays him so much.

Atleast Fisher TRIED though. Dude gave effort, something Pau doesn't always do. Dude always looks like he gives up when he has a bad game and can never recover from it.

Not sure if he knows this, but there's more to basketball than just scoring. He could of rebounded more, played better on defense maybe? I just don't understand this dude.

He's not just physically soft like we all know, but he's also mentally soft as well.

That being said, I hope Pau can play HIS game next time, I don't think it's possible for him to play any worse, but who knows.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Fisher always getting torched and being over played. He wouldn't start on any other team but the Lakers. I'm not just saying that cuz of tonight either, love D-Fish, hopefully he stays clutch one last post season, but no idea why Phil plays him so much.

Atleast Fisher TRIED though. Dude gave effort, something Pau doesn't always do. Dude always looks like he gives up when he has a bad game and can never recover from it.

Not sure if he knows this, but there's more to basketball than just scoring. He could of rebounded more, played better on defense maybe? I just don't understand this dude.

He's not just physically soft like we all know, but he's also mentally soft as well.

That being said, I hope Pau can play HIS game next time, I don't think it's possible for him to play any worse, but who knows.

EXACTLY! Kobe game 7 was horrific but atleast he threw his body trying to get rebounds and knew he had to be better on the defense end to actually make up for his lack of offense. But Pau literally just gives up! He walks up court, gets dominated by ANYONE, and simply gets overpowered. If Pau continues to play like this 3peat is going to be hard even if Kobe plays like this every single game.

this game showed how overmatched we are at the pg
gdamn fisher was getting worked all game

like dude said, i want more trey johnson! (pause)

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by knightngale

Phil got outcoached as well. Can't wait for dude to be out.
We're all disappointed with the game today, but relax
I've NEVER liked Phil. Let's see if his teams ever learn to defend the pick n roll. How do you not double Paul all day? Let someone else go for 30 on the Hornets.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Phil got outcoached as well. Can't wait for dude to be out.
We're all disappointed with the game today, but relax
I've NEVER liked Phil. Let's see if his teams ever learn to defend the pick n roll. How do you not double Paul all day? Let someone else go for 30 on the Hornets.

Holy crap, i though it was me who typed all that
laugh.gif

What i do like about him is his composure and he doesn't overreact. his defensive strategies are pretty bad.

I don't think he sucks, but he definitely was lucky with MJ, Pip, Shaq, Kobe and Pau
laugh.gif

We're a veteran team, can't pin the losses on Phil. Most people feel he gets out coached, but obviously he doesn't feel that way.

Nothing Phil could of done to get Pau to play like a man.

Not nervous at all to be honest, yeah it's very disappointing to drop the 1st game of the Playoffs, but we'll prevail and be fine like we always do. I do not think Jack will play as well as he did today, but we need to play some better D all around. I still think Lakers in 6, I find myself rooting Ariza from time to time i noticed
laugh.gif

Hey this shirt is about to sell out and I am not trying to be 'that' guy, but theres 2 shirts left so if any of you NT'ers wana show a fellow Laker love and like the design, scoop one up if you'd like:

If you like, check it out here:

H5 Clothing

Pau needs to man up as well, I was really disappointed to see Drew sitting on the bench in the 4th. He helps us out when we get beat off of penetration more than we know in my opinon.

Trey is a good fit butvu can only give a player whos had a week and a half of practice with the team but so much burn... Fisher played solid. The bigs killed us on defense not fish. With that being said we played horrible and NO played perfect... One of bigs put a jersey on today and we cud easily b up one game. But i can say this pau has had a weak season across the board especially n big games. The guy has gotten softer. He needs to wake up b4 he's shaking his head in Orlando nxt season

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I like the shirt, but i don't want the H5 on the back.

Thanks for the input, im lookin' for the good and the bad. Thanks man
Were just starting up as a brand so for now we're getting the logo out there and people familiar with it. I agree with you though, sometimes I see a shirt I like but a logo or some kind of print on the back may make me think twice about purchasing.

yall overreacting keep calm i hate losses as mush as the next guy but it seems like everytime we lose fans act like the sky is fallin its okay losses happen n at that im kinda glad we lost the first game it should humble the team n of course NO played great they wanna prove they belong jus like how we saw with MIA PHI CHI IND n MEM they have nothing to lose cuz they are underdog but its all right save your panic for POR or OKC but yea im not tryna get ahead of myself we jus need to win game 2

btw phil does have some fuuu up devensive schemes sometimes tho (08 finals vlad gaurding pierce
30t6p3b.gif
, imo reason we lost)

This game #%!*+$ my day up smh. We better get game 2...or I might hav to put the hit out. Hopefully ol sides ankle is really badly sprained. Give pau and bynum some more room, even tho they should've already been dominating, now there's no excuse.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Phil has been overrated. I wonder where would he be without MJ or KObe

I think I remember that when MJ retired he took the Bulls to the conference semi's and almost won in 7 games...

Phil overrated? These dudes in here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Next thing you know I'm going to hear that the triangle is terrible and "no wonder no one else uses it" Oh, and go ahead and start telling me that Kobe's ball handling is just as good as when he was Frobe and that his fingers aren't an issue as well.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I think I remember that when MJ retired he took the Bulls to the conference semi's and almost won in 7 games...

Phil overrated? These dudes in here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Next thing you know I'm going to hear that the triangle is terrible and "no wonder no one else uses it" Oh, and go ahead and start telling me that Kobe's ball handling is just as good as when he was Frobe and that his fingers aren't an issue as well.
eyes.gif

Phil alone took the bulls to game 7, i never knew that.
He still had pippen who lead that team in almost every category.

Phil Overrated? Wow....
167jp1c.gif

Edit: Lakers team must show up this Wednesday. Pau better bring extra maxipads to this game. Lamar looked like he was more worried about his show on E tonight then the game. I like putting Johnson on the floor a bit more for game 2. This guy knows the offense since he was apart of the team during the pre-season, so its not like he doesn't know anything out there.

I blame this game on Blake
wink.gif

Well yall know, the real Lamar showed up today. The one that takes vacations during playoff series smh.

Dude does it every year.

We should be alright though....hopefuly.

IM a HUGE Lakers fan Even though I live in New York. Some people would say to me why don't I root for my hometown team the Knicks and I dont care. I root for the team that has the most desire and passion to win and it's the Los Angeles Lakers. I hear people say oh Kobe's a Ballhog thats why they always win and those people are just haters. Honestly EVERYONE on the Lakers contributes Fisher hits clutch shots including 3's, Gasol is good in the paint and with his mid - range jumpers, Artest had a game winning shot in the Finals last year and can hit some big shots too, Odom is a great Shooter and can Even knock Down 3's, and Bynum is dominant in the paint and hard to defend, & of course Kobe is just the all star of the team and probaly the Greatest in the NBA right now. He does eveything he can to help his team win and thats why he's the Back to Back NBA Finals MVP.

I predicted The Lakers would win the Finals in 2009 Before the 2008 - 2009 PLayoffs Even Started NO LIE! Then I predicted they would repeat as champions the following year in 2010 and thats exactly what they did! I felt so happy for them and still do because I trsuted in them and they didnt fail me. You don't win a championship by luck you have to earn it and the Lakers have done just that these past two seasons. FOr Them to lose in the 2008 Finals to the Boston Celtics yeah that was dissapointing but for them to Come back the follwoing year recover make it to the NBA Finals AGAIN and Then BEAT the Orlando Magics for the Championship just shows the heart they have & how badly they wanted to win it for the fans after losing the previous year. I remember KObe being interviewed after they lost to the Celtics in the 2008 Finals he kept his cool and was EXTREMELY respectable to the Media about the loss. He remained calm and had faith in himself and his team. I remember him saying how he had fun and he enjoyed hearing all The "Beat LA" chants in Boston and thats what this game is about  and having fun and even though they didnt win that year they dusted themselves off and tried again the next year and Succeded against the Orlando Magics. THen they got Revenge on the Boston Celtics and beat them in the 2010 Finals the follwoing season in 7 games to successfully defend their Championship.

Another great thing about the Lakers is their Record in the Playoffs with Phil Jackson as the head coach. Anytime the Lakers have won Game 1 of ANY playoffs series they've always went on to win that series! THey are  48 - 0 in that situation! Thats Incredible to win the First game for a playoffs series 48 times and NEVER lose that Series is aboslutely amazing! Thats why when They Beat Boston in Game 1 of the Finals last season I knew they would win the CHampionship even if the series went to  seven games so I wasnt nervous.  I knew they wouldnt be 47 - 1 in that situation odds were against it!

However they don't got the current series against the Hornets locked yet as they have lost game 1
mad.gif

If they were to win game 1 vs the Hornets The Series would already be over before it's finished. However they have to recover and I'm goign to pray they do. All they have to do is put that losss behind them and win the next game . HOwever I watched that game and I dindt like the refs in that game. THe Lakers were getting fouled a lot and the refs werent calling all of them, but they called every foul for the Hornets and even gave thems some foulds they didnt deserve. I think the NBA refs are madd at KObe and the Lakers for the previous incident when Kobe called the ref the anti gay F - word, and now the refs are not making the right calls for the Lakers as payback. NBA refs have been known for cheating in the past and I think it's still goign on. I always talk out loud to myself when watching the game. I found myself repaeting the same phrase over and over as I was watching the game " WHERES THE FOUL??" OMG WHERES THE FOUL?" I said that over ten times on different occasions when watching game 1 so I know the lakers got Cheated by the refs.

However I give the hornets some credit they knocked down some good shots in game 1 especially chris paul.
ANYWAY GO LAKERS 3 PEAT AS NBA FINALS CHAMPIONS and Kobe will be back - to back to back NBA FInals MVP!! LA LAKERS YOUR FUTURE 2010 - 2011 NBA FINALS CHAMPIONS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom