[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I coulda swore Ron averaged like 15 a game.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

who cares about seeding? it doesn't matter to me
the players and phil care about seeding

once you win one of the first 2 road games, then you have HCA for the rest of the series.

what matters is being fresh and prepared for the postseason

if we would have taken care of business in previous games, we would not have had to put in any effort into this game or the upcoming ones which would have given us a lot of rest

are you telling me the Lakers can't win a game in CHI, SA, DAL, MIA, BOS or OKC?

we can obviously still do it, however, it is very stupid of us to have lost these winnable games by pretty much beating ourselves
had we put in a little bit more of effort, Phil, the team, and the fans wouldn't have any worry right now and everything would be cool since we would have locked up the 2nd seed
we just made things more unnecessarily difficult for ourselves if we want to remain the 2nd seed in the west, which phil and the players said that is what we want

the players don't care about HCA
 LOL where did you hear this?

Quoting myself from PAGE 2!

Look I don't care if we limp into the post season as the 8th seed. I still believe no matter how much slurping is going on in South Beach, that as long as this team is healthy going into the playoffs no one can beat us 4 out of 7.

I've heard KOBE say plain and simple HCA is overrated. "you win one game and the HCA shifts to the other team"
he's the leader of the team, if he says it then best believe he has impressed that onto the rest of the team

Look at Houston in '95
Look at the Lakers in 2002.
HCA is not the end-all-be-all of the NBA Playoffs

We need to get our offense figured out and cut down turnovers. That's the priority.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Look I don't care if we limp into the post season as the 8th seed. I still believe no matter how much slurping is going on in South Beach, that as long as this team is healthy going into the playoffs no one can beat us 4 out of 7.

pimp.gif

Now that's more like it. 

Maybe it's just me, but I definitely don't have that mentality. You go into the Playoffs with as much of an advantage as you can. I want as many wins as I can that doesn't hurt the health of the team.

I can understand wanting to rest your starters, but if the Lakers had played their cards better, they could definitely have been the #1 overall seed in the West, if not in the entire NBA. Instead, they might slip to third and only have Homecourt for one series.

can we start the playoffs already?
who cares about seeding? it doesn't matter to me
once you win one of the first 2 road games, then you have HCA for the rest of the series.

what matters is being fresh and prepared for the postseason

are you telling me the Lakers can't win a game in CHI, SA, DAL, MIA, BOS or OKC?

They aren't going to be fresh for the playoffs though. Kobe & Pau are still playing for no reason as long as we keep losing at this point in the season.

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif

Now that's more like it. 

I won't put my money on that
eyes.gif
. Look what the Heat/Celtic are capable of doing against our soft defense

I've heard KOBE say plain and simple HCA is overrated. "you win one game and the HCA shifts to the other team"
he's the leader of the team, if he says it then best believe he has impressed that onto the rest of the team

Look at Houston in '95
Look at the Lakers in 2002.
HCA is not the end-all-be-all of the NBA Playoffs

We need to get our offense figured out and cut down turnovers. That's the priority.

sorry, but all i see in that is the kobe says it's overrated, not that he doesn't care about it
something being overrated doesn't mean that it doesn't matter or that they don't care about it

Phil says it matters, and i'd take his judgement over Kobe's

Gasol: "We must win these next two. There's no room for error. ... Effort and aggression will be there from now on."

Bynum said post-game "we gotta win" referring to the next 2 games since we are now tied with Dallas

Reporter: Now you're tied with Dallas, and a game up on these guys, starting to feel a bit of pressure?
Phil Jackson: Yes

Kobe's words obviously aren't rubbing off on the other players, since the 2 next most important players now think the next 2 are must-win games to protect our home court

edit-
and you're right, HCA is not the end-all-be-all of the NBA Playoffs, I never said it was, but it is stupid to just give it up when he had a comfortable lead in the second spot

here are the stats for the teams that have had HCA in the playoffs
First Round: 166-50 (.769)
Conference Semifinals: 85-23 (.787)
Conference Finals: 37-17 (.685)
NBA Finals: 21-6 (.778)

as you can see, it would be nice to have HCA as much as possible
is it completely necessary? no
would it be nice to have? yes
is it stupid that we have now given up HCA to Miami and possibly Boston and Dallas if we continue like this?

i am reminded after each losing streak why i would much rather watch the Magic era Lakers than these sleepwalking-into-the-playoffs current Lakers.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Maybe it's just me, but I definitely don't have that mentality. You go into the Playoffs with as much of an advantage as you can. I want as many wins as I can that doesn't hurt the health of the team.
That's because your Mavs are trash and need momentum unlike our Lakers who prove they can win on the road; OKC, twice in Utah, Phx, and at Boston last year.
We also went to the playoffs on a bad run.

But, it does hurt me seeing us lose 5 in a row.
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif

Now that's more like it. 
I won't put my money on that
eyes.gif
. Look what the Heat/Celtic are capable of doing against our soft defense

I'll PM you my paypal address, I think a 50 should do it!

Celtics are lost souls, please don't put them in the same sentence. Heat haven't played ONE playoff game yet, let alone play the Lakers in a playoff game.

Laker fans giving other teams to much damn credit, it's embarrassing! How about giving our guys credit first before others?

After all, we made the Finals 3 straight times, winning 2 straight titles. Ehh... I guess none of that matters, because it's all about what OTHER teams are 'capable' of.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mjvskb24vs23

That's because your Mavs are trash and need momentum unlike our Lakers who prove they can win on the road; OKC, twice in Utah, Phx, and at Boston last year.

30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
You say that as the Lakers were the #1 seed in both of their championship runs.
laugh.gif

AND they had homecourt against both BOS/ORL.

And if game 7 were in Boston? I think we'd have a different outcome, but that's just me.

Originally Posted by Mjvskb24vs23

30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
You say that as the Lakers were the #1 seed in both of their championship runs.
laugh.gif

AND they had homecourt against both BOS/ORL.

And if game 7 were in Boston? I think we'd have a different outcome, but that's just me.

You talking crazy son! Bunch of 'what ifs' all over your post.

You talking about the Orlando series? #1 seed or not, we won twice in their home. So that argument doesn't apply.

Boston? Man that's like saying, if Lakers didn't choke away game 3 in '08... Lakers would be going for their 4-peat this year!
laugh.gif

WE NEED THEM MAVS TO WIN LAST 2 GAMES... LET'S PRAY YA'LL

LAKERS AT 3RD SEED = THE WORST NIGHTMARE LOL

BETTER LOSE ONE AGAINST THE SPURS ...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

WE NEED THEM MAVS TO WIN LAST 2 GAMES... LET'S PRAY YA'LL

LAKERS AT 3RD SEED = THE WORST NIGHTMARE LOL

BETTER LOSE ONE AGAINST THE SPURS ...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Checking in... playoffs start yet?

No? Okay... I'll see you guys in a week.

peace.
imma just follow ya lead...came in to gauge the moral...
ohwell.gif

tired.gif

would love to have the easiest route to the finals but ya know how the song goes....

Perspective

Last five games, minutes

Kobe

Pau

Odom

Fisher

Bynum

Artest

First round last year,
Kobe played 41 min a game each the first 3, the next 2 games were blowouts both ways so he got low minutes, then 36 in game 6
Pau in the 4 games that weren't blowouts went 39, 36, 43 and 39.
Artest in the 4 games that weren't blowouts went, 40, 41, 42, and 40.
Fisher in the 4 games that weren't blowouts went, 35, 32, 36, and 29.
Bynum got hurt round 1, was like 30 a night, and Odom was the same pretty much off the bench, nothing different there really. 

I know that everyone is flipping out over the seedings and this and that.  But look at those minutes.  Look at how Phil is controlling the minutes to end the season.  You don't wanna listen to me, fine, you don't have too, but look at what Phil Jackson is doing.  And who is Phil Jackson?  The winningest God damn coach in NBA history in terms of PLAYOFF wins, NOT regular season wins.  Don Nelson got a billion regular season wins, and what has that man ever done in the postseason? 
wink.gif

As for Brown.  Clearly he is struggling, with the increase in starter minutes, I think Phil is going to adjust and maybe give some of Brown's minutes to Barnes.  Barnes could be a real nice key.  He can play 2-3 and even play 5 minutes at 4 if we asked him too.  (against smaller teams, like Portland possibly it would work)  But Phil also can't afford to completely lose Brown's confidence.  I would look for Phil to try and nurture Brown thru home games, get him a little confidence, and then maybe play Barnes a bit more on the road.  He could also play Blake at the 2, and Kobe at the 3 for stretches if we really can't get Brown going at all.  This is the type of stuff that works itself out in the playoffs. 

Yes, we should not have lost 5 straight.  No, Phil is not "tanking" games, but he isn't killing them trying to win them either.  That's the big difference.  If Kobe and Pau, and Fisher were all going 40 minutes a night in these 5 losses, that would worry me.  Seeing those low totals, does not worry me one tiny bit. 

We are healthy as of now.  80 games, everyone is still standing.  We all know that can change in an instant, but I like our chances healthy and a 2-3 seed, over being unhealthy and a 1 seed.  Call me crazy. 

Back
Top Bottom