[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

WE NEED THEM MAVS TO WIN LAST 2 GAMES... LET'S PRAY YA'LL

LAKERS AT 3RD SEED = THE WORST NIGHTMARE LOL

BETTER LOSE ONE AGAINST THE SPURS ...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN
These last 2 years must of been one of the worst years of your life sport wise, seeing the Lakers go back 2 back.

You prolly pray at night hoping the bean doesn't get #6. 

boy_and_dog_praying.jpg

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by PMatic

Also, I hope the coaching staff now realizes how much of a liability Shannon Brown is now.
why would they? they havent all year long
laugh.gif

I think it's more about the triangle.  Some players just don't get it.  You can almost see Shannon thinking too much instead of being fluid, he's hesitant and lost at times.
I think Shannon is a very good young player.  The triangle has a way of making players look a lot worse than they are.
If Shannon was on the Bulls he would start and probably average 12-15 ppg

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by PMatic

Also, I hope the coaching staff now realizes how much of a liability Shannon Brown is now.
why would they? they havent all year long
laugh.gif

I think it's more about the triangle.  Some players just don't get it.  You can almost see Shannon thinking too much instead of being fluid, he's hesitant and lost at times.
I think Shannon is a very good young player.  The triangle has a way of making players look a lot worse than they are.
If Shannon was on the Bulls he would start and probably average 12-15 ppg

No he wouldn't...besides his fluky hot start to the season he's been terrible.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Perspective

Spoiler [+]
Last five games, minutes

Kobe

Pau

Odom

Fisher

Bynum

Artest

First round last year,
Kobe played 41 min a game each the first 3, the next 2 games were blowouts both ways so he got low minutes, then 36 in game 6
Pau in the 4 games that weren't blowouts went 39, 36, 43 and 39.
Artest in the 4 games that weren't blowouts went, 40, 41, 42, and 40.
Fisher in the 4 games that weren't blowouts went, 35, 32, 36, and 29.
Bynum got hurt round 1, was like 30 a night, and Odom was the same pretty much off the bench, nothing different there really. 

I know that everyone is flipping out over the seedings and this and that.  But look at those minutes.  Look at how Phil is controlling the minutes to end the season.  You don't wanna listen to me, fine, you don't have too, but look at what Phil Jackson is doing.  And who is Phil Jackson?  The winningest God damn coach in NBA history in terms of PLAYOFF wins, NOT regular season wins.  Don Nelson got a billion regular season wins, and what has that man ever done in the postseason? 
wink.gif

As for Brown.  Clearly he is struggling, with the increase in starter minutes, I think Phil is going to adjust and maybe give some of Brown's minutes to Barnes.  Barnes could be a real nice key.  He can play 2-3 and even play 5 minutes at 4 if we asked him too.  (against smaller teams, like Portland possibly it would work)  But Phil also can't afford to completely lose Brown's confidence.  I would look for Phil to try and nurture Brown thru home games, get him a little confidence, and then maybe play Barnes a bit more on the road.  He could also play Blake at the 2, and Kobe at the 3 for stretches if we really can't get Brown going at all.  This is the type of stuff that works itself out in the playoffs. 

Yes, we should not have lost 5 straight.  No, Phil is not "tanking" games, but he isn't killing them trying to win them either.  That's the big difference.  If Kobe and Pau, and Fisher were all going 40 minutes a night in these 5 losses, that would worry me.  Seeing those low totals, does not worry me one tiny bit. 

We are healthy as of now.  80 games, everyone is still standing.  We all know that can change in an instant, but I like our chances healthy and a 2-3 seed, over being unhealthy and a 1 seed.  Call me crazy.
Everyone read that and shut up!
laugh.gif

yall maikin much ado about nothin. the lakers, i feel, got bored once they knew they weren't catching SA, much like they did earlier in the season. u go 17-1 against some the best teams during that stretch what are you gonna do. i feel the lakers already sent their message. remember this is an experienced, veteran, championship team, you dont think they know how to get it done in the playoffs. F_ outta here with that man. n yall laker fans sweatin this need to chill, if you need a morale boost then jus catch some vic the brick 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Maybe it's just me, but I definitely don't have that mentality. You go into the Playoffs with as much of an advantage as you can. I want as many wins as I can that doesn't hurt the health of the team. 
it sure didnt help your mavs in 2007, boss. MVP, best record in the whole entire league, one and done in the first round against the 8th seed. think about what you just said bro.
laugh.gif

I can understand wanting to rest your starters, but if the Lakers had played their cards better, they could definitely have been the #1 overall seed in the West, if not in the entire NBA. Instead, they might slip to third and only have Homecourt for one series.
  you're just hoping this will happen, JA.

i find it ironic that you're suddenly posting in our thread in the middle of a 5 game losing streak. not saying you're trolling or anything because you're definitely not. i just find it ironic.

The playoffs start Saturday, anyone know if the Lakers always play their first game on Sunday? Seems like it's been that way the past couple yrs.

i hate perkins!!! Big Hater on kobe phil and the rest of the Lakers...thats why you suck perkins

Lakers need to shape up because if they get to the Finals i want them to have home-court over whoever they play. Minus the Bulls, they already have that on lock.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Can someone please update this pic with the new ASG MVP trophy?
thanks in advance
Can't lie, amazing picture.
pimp.gif
And that picture and trophy rack are far from being done.

Kobe's got more than a little left in his tank for his career.

Don't know if anyone else saw it yesterday on the Lakers Live pre game show Billy Mac & Norm Nixon interviewed Kobe's dad Joe "Jellybean" Bryant outside of Staples for about 15 minutes and he said he thinks Kobe will play beyond his contract extension which expires in 2 years when Kobe is 35. He said it was because of Kobe's love for the game.Joe's also back in LA because he's an assistant coach now with the LA Sparks.

[h2]Kobe Bryant's 15th technical rescinded[/h2]

LOS ANGELES -- Mired in the middle of a five-game losing streak, the Los Angeles Lakers received some good news Monday when the NBA informed the team that Kobe Bryant's 15th technical foul of the season was rescinded, bringing Bryant's total back down to 14.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/Bryant was called for a double technical along with Oklahoma City's Kendrick Perkins after the two got tangled up in the second quarter of the Thunder's 120-106 win on Sunday.

Withtwo games remaining in the regular season, Bryant must avoid picking uptwo more technicals or else face a one-game suspension from the leaguefor reaching a season total of 16, as Orlando's Dwight Howard recently endured.

IfBryant picks up his 16th T in the Lakers' season finale in Sacramentoon Wednesday, he would serve the suspension in the season opener forthe 2011-12 season, not to start this year's playoffs.

Technicalfoul totals are reset when the playoffs begin and a player's seventhtechnical foul nets him a one-game suspension in the postseason,followed by an additional one-game ban for every two technical foulsissued after that.

they better come out ready to play tonight. them bs'ing cost them home court in a potential series with miami. i still think they could beat the heat in a best of 7 series but why make things more difficult due to half *%* play. if they don't win the next 2 games it's unacceptable.

--All this talk of resting for the Play-offs is NONSENSE.
--Lakers with the 2nd round exit FTL.

--Spurs win by double digits tonight and dance in the middle of the court while the Lakers walk back the locker room pathetically.
--Kendrick Perkins is right.

--That 17-1 streak was a fluke. I wonder how much money those refs were paid off by.

Back
Top Bottom