[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I got banned for asking for a link sunday... but not being able to post through this stretch is been tough, but a lot of these games i was okay with losing but this one hurt... They will be fine tho

Originally Posted by trickster360cj

As a laker's fan I'm not worried. The Lake Show is fine

As a Laker fan I'm not totally as confident/comfortable. I'm worried that when they try to flip the switch they are gonna be to out of sync to play like they were just a few weeks ago. I have faith in Pau, Kobe and Fish but can the others suddenly snap out of it?

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
  Aiight, no prob, you guys all gonna keep cryin each game, then I'll be celebrating in here alone in 2 months. 
laugh.gif
  Maybe we could hold a selection draft for you all to pick new teams to root for. 
roll.gif

Bynum, team high 39 minutes tonight.  Everyone else,  less than 34.........
wink.gif

But don't let me ruin your flow, ya'll keep worrying, have a good time. 
laugh.gif
I dunno I'm usually in the same boat as you, but now I'm getting worried. I wasn't worried when we were playing like doodoo and lost to the Cavs before the ASG break, and then after the break when we started rolling I felt validated. But these last 5 games are making me worried. For starters we definitely need to keep the 2 seed. Even if we do, losing home court to the Heat and possibly Boston should not have happened. I don't think the Heat are going to make it out of the East, but if they do that's just one more thing to overcome that they could have taken care of if they didn't have their heads in their #%!@!. I know they have been there before and think they can win anywhere and all that, but they haven't won a series without homecourt advantage in awhile. Last time we played in the Finals without it didn't go so well.
In case you guys forgot how big home court advantage can be in the Finals, go back and look at the box scores for our past three finals appearances and take a look at the FT disparity. Remember that game 2 in 08 when Leon Powe had like 9 FT attempts in the first half and we had 10 for the whole game? 38 free throws from the Celtics to 10 for us? The officiating in the finals has been AWFUL recently, and objectively the home team has benefited from piss poor calls more often than not the past few years (including us). And I think we all remember what happened the last time the Heat were in the Finals as far as officiating goes...Given how bad it's been, I for damn sure don't want to be on the wrong end of a screw job. If one's going to happen, I want it to be in OUR place. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 If they do make it to the Finals and don't have HC they have nobody to blame but themselves. 

Well, if makes you all feel better, we only need to win ONE game to secure at worst the 3 seed.  We can't not fall to 4.  We own the tiebreak over OKC, and if we win 1, and they win both theirs, we still tied at 56, thus, we = 3 seed. 

As for Dallas, if they lose one of their last 2, we are the 2 seed.  If they win both, then yes, we have to win both to secure the 2 seed there as well.  However, even if Dallas got the 2 seed from us, any of you worried that in the playoffs, the Lakers can't be Dallas HC or no HC?  
nerd.gif

Yes, we blew HC in the finals most likely, unless Orlando gets in. 
laugh.gif

^ And the season before that as well..

Only difference is now we're contending with 2 conferences for home court against abuncha teams with the same record.

Well, if makes you all feel better, we only need to win ONE game to secure at worst the 3 seed.  We can't not fall to 4.  We own the tiebreak over OKC, and if we win 1, and they win both theirs, we still tied at 56, thus, we = 3 seed. 

As for Dallas, if they lose one of their last 2, we are the 2 seed.  If they win both, then yes, we have to win both to secure the 2 seed there as well.  However, even if Dallas got the 2 seed from us, any of you worried that in the playoffs, the Lakers can't be Dallas HC or no HC?  
nerd.gif

Yes, we blew HC in the finals most likely, unless Orlando gets in. 
laugh.gif

wouldnt we get the HC against boston though?

Uh, yeah I dunno.  I haven't paid attention to the standings in the East for a while.  I know Chi is at 60, and Miami beat Boston today, other than that, I not really worried about something 2 months away. 

Round 1 we matchup with either Port, N.O. or Memphis.  (Right now, lookin like N.O. or Memphis, thinkin Memphis)

Then we could get Dallas round 2.  (if they don't get upset)

SA or OKC in round 3. 

No idea who in the finals.  If I had to pick today, due to Shaq being iffy, I would go with Miami.  If Shaq has anything in him, then I would pick Boston.  I can't shake this feeling that Chicago is going to go the Cleveland route and not have enough help for D. Rose.  I could be wrong, maybe the Bulls D is simply better than I expect, but 1 star on the court worries me,especially after seeing Cleveland crumble back to back years. 

i feel you on that chicago hype, CP. i like the bulls and all but unfortunately i think experience is still important. the celtics to me will turn it up in the postseason. 

Chicago's defense is legitimate. They are Boston-esque. Maybe it was just my team, but their defense (and rebounding ability) scares me. Last team I'd want to face coming out of the East, dead serious.

I'd much rather face Boston or Miami than Chicago. There's no stopping Rose, and their front-court is scary good.

I think they got all the experience they needed against Boston in their epic series. Plus Booz has games under his belt as well.

This lakers team is bluffing. Once again, they will be in the finals. If they end up playing the bulls or celtics, they'll win. 
But if they play the Heat, Lebron will finally get his first ring. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Chicago's defense is legitimate. They are Boston-esque.

Understand that, but when you double Rose late, who scores consistenly for them come the playoffs?  That's my point. 

Understand that, but when you double Rose late, who scores consistenly for them come the playoffs?  That's my point. 
Community scoring is what they're hoping for, same for when you double Kobe. I'm not saying that Chicago can do that as well as the Lakers can, but I'd venture to say that's what they hope for.

Luol Deng I suppose, and have the rest of them dudes scrap for putbacks.

Community scoring is what they're hoping for, same for when you double Kobe. I'm not saying that Chicago can do that as well as the Lakers can, but I'd venture to say that's what they hope for.

Uh huh, and I ask you, you good with Luol Deng as your second option in a HUGE game? 
nerd.gif
   Deng much better as a 2 than J Terry?  You followin where I'm goin? 

1 star systems in the playoffs have a very low success rate.  I think off their D and Rose alone, they can get to ECF, and that's a testament to their strengths, but then, I dunno if I feel good with Deng as my second.  Now, Boozer is great vs non size.  But if you have a 7 footer on him, he can't make those jumpers over their length.  See Utah vs us the last 3 years.  Pau killed that guy and Pau isn't a KG type defender.  He just has the length you need to affect Booz's shot. 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Chicago streaks to the finals, I just don't trust 1 star offense in the postseason is all. 

What the hell happened? Last I checked in Lakers were up by 4 with 6mins left, now they lost 14? Wowza

Ya'll win complain about each and everything.

What's different about this loss? Our offense was clicking, people attacking the basket...winning the rebound battle. AND great energy.

Sure, we made mistakes down the stretch, but going into the 4th quarter, only 1 turnover...have to be happy seeing that type of improvement compared to the previous 4 losses.

And to the people saying Kobe played terrible, the dude led everybody in scoring in the first half. A big part of our push right before the half.

You can't just look at the final few minutes.

Uh huh, and I ask you, you good with Luol Deng as your second option in a HUGE game? 
nerd.gif
   Deng much better as a 2 than J Terry?  You followin where I'm goin? 

1 star systems in the playoffs have a very low success rate.  I think off their D and Rose alone, they can get to ECF, and that's a testament to their strengths, but then, I dunno if I feel good with Deng as my second.  Now, Boozer is great vs non size.  But if you have a 7 footer on him, he can't make those jumpers over their length.  See Utah vs us the last 3 years.  Pau killed that guy and Pau isn't a KG type defender.  He just has the length you need to affect Booz's shot. 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Chicago streaks to the finals, I just don't trust 1 star offense in the postseason is all. 
You're sounding a lot like the Lakers right now.
laugh.gif
Ron Artest is your second option eh? Or Pau Gasol?

That's Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer, for Chi-Town. No, they might be as good, but it's same situation. Coach Thibs has brought out the best out of each of these players. Just as Phil and the Lakers have brought it out of Artest. Who knows, Luol Deng might turn into Kobe-lite in the post-season?

For them having their 60-win season, I don't care, I'm not going to doubt them until they lose in the Playoffs. This isn't the same Bulls team that we've seen recently. They have depth. They have size. They can rebound the hell out of the basketball. They're the team to watch out East in my eyes.

1 star system it is i LA, but with a bunch of very good non-star guys. If you put a 7 footer on Booz, you gonna leave Noah open? I know that there's two teams that can have two 7 footers out there who won't hurt them. OKC and LA, and that's not something they have to worry about. You're right that it'll work until potentially the Finals, but after seeing how those guys stepped up against Boston, I have a lot of faith in them. Building on that with Coach Thibs, I feel like they have a formula for success.

Please tell me you ain't just come in here with Ron is our second option. 
eyes.gif
  Tryna be funny or something? 
laugh.gif

Pau, then Bynum, then Odom, then Ron.  And maybe Fish before Ron, I dunno.  I'm the wrong guy to ask. 
laugh.gif

Agreed on their depth, but against certain teams in the playoffs, depth isn't something you will need to use.  Longer TV timeouts, slower pace, increased starter minutes,  etc etc. 

can we start the playoffs already?
who cares about seeding? it doesn't matter to me
once you win one of the first 2 road games, then you have HCA for the rest of the series.

what matters is being fresh and prepared for the postseason

are you telling me the Lakers can't win a game in CHI, SA, DAL, MIA, BOS or OKC?

Did you really just assess Ron Artest as the second option on the Lakers over Pau? Odom? Bynum? I hope that was a joke...

^^ you got a problem?

Am I allowed to have an opinion?

the players don't care about HCA, so why should I?

they know more about their team than we do

Back
Top Bottom