[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

so - got some playoff tickets today. section 116. should be fun. i'm amped. playoff tickets aren't as expensive as i anticipated.

"All you %!@#+@ gonna get traded!!!"
kobe-laughing-o.gif

sick.gif
 @ the way the Lakers been playin.
Hopin they can get the win tomorrow, but I dont even know anymore 
laugh.gif

Here you go Noble, just to make sure you see it, and everyone sees it.  Since you are so damn concerned about regular season game #78 for some stupid reason.  
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by CP1708

wow this orlando/chicago bulls game just reminds me how stupid most laker fans are on this board. these two teams wanted this game. what a game.

What a clown

u mad? its the got damn truth. got your boys in that thread acting like it was no big deal that they dropped games to easier opponents. matter a fact your arrogant *+$ rallied the troops.
laugh.gif
bashed me for a couple of pages for actually giving a damn that this team is underachieving. they dropped 3 games they should have won. NOW they have to win when they could have been resting the starters just to stay ahead of boston and dallas. miami already passed them. the must win games were against denver, utah, and golden state.

Now their must win games are against Portland(loss), Oklahoma city, San Antonio, and Sacramento(final game in Sacramento history against their rivals).

maybe its time you get off your "@#+$ dont stink" shtick. only an arrogant fool would think its no big deal to go through 3 road series in the playoffs on your zodogg steez with your homeboy 858.

all ive heard from you is personal attacks. "what a clown"? yea nice try buddy.

you trying to dictate how fans react on a message board is old pal. let um think how they want to. if they get mad at kobe, shannon, brown, farmar, whoever....so what. we all cant be robot homer fans like you champ.

you dont like what i have to say ignore me. quit acting like a child with ur cheap "what a clown" comment.

I'm gonna explain this to you one time, so sit down and learn something. 

You sound stupid crying about games 78-79-80 etc etc etc.  You call me arrogant, but that ain't it, it's smart business.  We have a VETERAN team, coming into their FOURTH (hopefully) long postseason run.  WHY would you go for it all in regular season games 75-82????  What on earth for?  Do you even realize that this is EASILY the healthiest this team has been in the last 4 seasons?  Bynum and Ariza were gone in 08.  Bynum was on one leg in 09.  Bynum and Kobe both were huge question marks last year.  This year? 
nerd.gif
  That's the point. 

Screw all that other drivel you been spewin about homecourt this and that.  Would it be great to the 1 seed?  Yes.  Would it be nice to win 65 games?  Yes.  Would it be wise to go all out game after game for 6 months AFTER 3 runs thru the finals?  No, go ahead, take your time on this one, it's a toughie.........Exactly.  Save some energy right?  Keep some in the tank.  Stay healthy. 

We are not the Bulls, a bunch of kids playin balls out because A, they had a MUCH longer offseason then we did, and B, they have done NOTHING yet.  They know nothing.  They have no idea what's ahead.  WE are a Vet team, we HAVE done it all before, we know everything that lies ahead, all we have to do is stay healthy, and play our game.  PERIOD.  If we don't win a championship this year, it doesn't have a @#$%^& thing to do with a loss in January, or @ Cleveland, or a 4 game losing streak in the final week.  We sucked for over a month last year, and???????? 

Does the road get harder by having to play a series on the road?  Yes.  Does the road look easier by going all out for 6 months, wearing down these guys even more and trying to win for 3 more months in the playoffs with zero left in the tank?  Call me crazy, but I'll take my chances winning a game on the road healthy, over tryin to protect HC with a winded dead legged group of vets that have played an extra 70+ PLAYOFF games the last 3 years. 

Do you really, I mean REALLY think that Phil/Kobe/Fisher/Gasol aren't ready for what's ahead?  You think Phil doesn't know how to prepare a team for a run?  Really? 
laugh.gif
  Have you even noticed during this 4 game stretch of bad ball we've been playing that he has kept everyone's minutes down around the 33-34 minute mark? 
nerd.gif
  Now tell me, why you think that is?  Gee, you think all our guys will only play 33-34 minutes a game in the playoffs, or????????? 

It's not arrogance.  It's called big picture.  I see it.  You only see the 48 minutes in front of your face.  And then try and call out Laker fans that actually do see what's going on.  Every series that we play, none of the 82 will matter to them.  NONE.  Each series is it's own basketball.  As I have pointed out several times in this thread, in all sports, the team that wins the most regular season games has not been winning it all.  Some of them haven't even needed home field/court.  We aren't a bunch of kids.  We can win on the road.  And if we can't, then we don't deserve to be champions again, not because we didn't "get up" for games in April.  So quit acting like every game played is the most important.  What you gonna say when those Bulls that played their hearts out today have nothing left next month and get bounced out the playoffs?  You gonna come in here and tell me what a "great" game it was for them this season? 
grin.gif

Here you go Noble, just to make sure you see it, and everyone sees it.  Since you are so damn concerned about regular season game #78 for some stupid reason.  
eyes.gif

What a clown

u mad? its the got damn truth. got your boys in that thread acting like it was no big deal that they dropped games to easier opponents. matter a fact your arrogant *+$ rallied the troops.
laugh.gif
bashed me for a couple of pages for actually giving a damn that this team is underachieving. they dropped 3 games they should have won. NOW they have to win when they could have been resting the starters just to stay ahead of boston and dallas. miami already passed them. the must win games were against denver, utah, and golden state.

Now their must win games are against Portland(loss), Oklahoma city, San Antonio, and Sacramento(final game in Sacramento history against their rivals).

maybe its time you get off your "@#+$ dont stink" shtick. only an arrogant fool would think its no big deal to go through 3 road series in the playoffs on your zodogg steez with your homeboy 858.

you trying to dictate how fans react on a message board is old pal. let um think how they want to. if they get mad at kobe, shannon, brown, farmar, whoever....so what. we all cant be robot homer fans like you champ.

you dont like what i have to say ignore me. quit acting like a child with ur cheap "what a clown" comment.

You sound stupid crying about games 78-79-80 etc etc etc.  You call me arrogant, but that ain't it, it's smart business.  We have a VETERAN team, coming into their FOURTH (hopefully) long postseason run.  WHY would you go for it all in regular season games 75-82????  What on earth for?  Do you even realize that this is EASILY the healthiest this team has been in the last 4 seasons?  Bynum and Ariza were gone in 08.  Bynum was on one leg in 09.  Bynum and Kobe both were huge question marks last year.  This year? 
nerd.gif
  That's the point. 

Screw all that other drivel you been spewin about homecourt this and that.  Would it be great to the 1 seed?  Yes.  Would it be nice to win 65 games?  Yes.  Would it be wise to go all out game after game for 6 months AFTER 3 runs thru the finals?  No, go ahead, take your time on this one, it's a toughie.........Exactly.  Save some energy right?  Keep some in the tank.  Stay healthy. 

We are not the Bulls, a bunch of kids playin balls out because A, they had a MUCH longer offseason then we did, and B, they have done NOTHING yet.  They know nothing.  They have no idea what's ahead.  WE are a Vet team, we HAVE done it all before, we know everything that lies ahead, all we have to do is stay healthy, and play our game.  PERIOD.  If we don't win a championship this year, it doesn't have a @#$%^& thing to do with a loss in January, or @ Cleveland, or a 4 game losing streak in the final week.  We sucked for over a month last year, and???????? 

Does the road get harder by having to play a series on the road?  Yes.  Does the road look easier by going all out for 6 months, wearing down these guys even more and trying to win for 3 more months in the playoffs with zero left in the tank?  Call me crazy, but I'll take my chances winning a game on the road healthy, over tryin to protect HC with a winded dead legged group of vets that have played an extra 70+ PLAYOFF games the last 3 years. 

Do you really, I mean REALLY think that Phil/Kobe/Fisher/Gasol aren't ready for what's ahead?  You think Phil doesn't know how to prepare a team for a run?  Really? 
laugh.gif
  Have you even noticed during this 4 game stretch of bad ball we've been playing that he has kept everyone's minutes down around the 33-34 minute mark? 
nerd.gif
  Now tell me, why you think that is?  Gee, you think all our guys will only play 33-34 minutes a game in the playoffs, or????????? 

It's not arrogance.  It's called big picture.  I see it.  You only see the 48 minutes in front of your face.  And then try and call out Laker fans that actually do see what's going on.  Every series that we play, none of the 82 will matter to them.  NONE.  Each series is it's own basketball.  As I have pointed out several times in this thread, in all sports, the team that wins the most regular season games has not been winning it all.  Some of them haven't even needed home field/court.  We aren't a bunch of kids.  We can win on the road.  And if we can't, then we don't deserve to be champions again, not because we didn't "get up" for games in April.  So quit acting like every game played is the most important.  What you gonna say when those Bulls that played their hearts out today have nothing left next month and get bounced out the playoffs?  You gonna come in here and tell me what a "great" game it was for them this season? 
grin.gif
obama_applause.gif

eyes.gif

What a clown

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
  That's the point. 

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif

^^very good points and i somewhat agree with you.  the problem i have is not having home court advantage in the playoffs in uncharted territory for this lakers team.  they have the past 2 years and they won.  i dont doubt we can win series on the road, but considering doesnt lose when he has home court advantage id feel a lot better if we did.  the problem a lot of lakers fans are having is that home court throughout the west was so close. i dont doubt the lakers on the road, i would just feel better if we had home court.  having said that, we dont, we wont, so lets just deal with it.

We prolly going to lose tonight. But it would be nice to get a W.

Good points up there CP. We're basically going to end up with the same regular season record as last year.

There's no question the Lakers haven't been trying these last few losses, they look like...Well they look like they know it's already the end of the season. I'm fine with that, the only problem I have is it is a waste of time for Kobe/Pau in the end since they're losing this close to the playoffs.

Possible injuries, with everyone having some sort of nagging injury this late into the season. It would be nice to see them rest or atleast get the W.

This is the Lakers though. Being a Laker fan is never an easy thing even when they win titles.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Being a Laker fan is never an easy thing even when they win titles.
Sorry, kinda found that strange.  It just started getting easier being  Bulls fan again 3 years ago.  You probably mean because of how the Lakes seem to coast/don't care during some stretches of the regular season right?

That, and because they always lose to teams they have no business losing to........The playoffs are beyond nerve wrecking as well. This team is unpredictable as far how and when they decided to respond....Then when they finally do we're all like, oh they're doing it again!

They've been doing this for years though, since the Kobe/Shaq era. Not counting anything before that since they didn't win any titles in the 90s.

Lakers are just a one of a kind team as far as how they handle things.....Hollywood style.

Do the Lakers know if they don't close out the season correctly they can fall down to the 4 seed? I know they have the talent and pedigree, but do they really want to test history here?

Back
Top Bottom