[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Lakers with their mind games! 
pimp.gif

They know what their capable of, and showed it to the league, winning almost every game in since the All-Star break.

Now they're putting their guards down so people forget about them!

Genius!

so we have no issue potentially giving up home-court advantage in the NBA finals to the Celtics and Heat, just so that we don't play Portland in the 1st round?
ask yourself if that makes sense

The Bulls was going to get homecourt anyway, so I don't care. And yes, Bulls have proven they can Handle the Celtics and Heat.

And please don't give me that "Oh it's different in the playoffs" crap! Because The Heat haven't played ONE single game in the playoffs either.

The Celtics are lost souls right now! Their Orgy lover Perkins being gone destroyed them.

The only reason Pau is in the game is cause bynum fouled out. It is true that fisher and Kobe play bad defense at times but they play or try to for the most part.

GASOL DOES NOT EVEN TRY DO PLAY DEFENSE. I don't think he plays at 100% percent on offense either. He settles for jumpers or weak @%@ layups most of the time.
It is one thing to suck like fisher or be stupid like brown but to not even try is just disgusting.
sick.gif

Lakers now have to win the final 3 games which are not easy wins at all, just to hold onto the # 2 in the west and HCA over Boston & Miami if they play either of those teams in the Finals this year.

im not even mad at this loss but hopefully it wont go back to haunt us when we dont have homecourt adv against higher seeds.

we hold another opponent under 100....but we again fail to score over 90.

Our offense is in BIG trouble.

too much Kobe, no ball movement, too many turnovers.

To start the 4-game losing streak we're on, we outrebounded Denver by 1... and we've been outrebounded every game since then (including a Jazz game that saw Bynum grab 20+ boards).

It's like every game, there's ONE person in double digit rebounds (usually Pau or Bynum), and everyone else... 2, maybe 3 rebounds.
indifferent.gif

And look at some of our point totals in the recent 2nd and 3rd quarters. In the low-to-mid teens?!

This is EXACTLY how we want to go into the playoffs. :/

how could a franchise be losing on purpose for mind games? haha cmon now. i could see if they were in san antonio's position already clinched and all but not in their position. I'm will be pissed if the Lakers lose home court advantage to the Mavs, Celtics, and Miami

Originally Posted by russbuss106

how could a franchise be losing on purpose for mind games? haha cmon now. i could see if they were in san antonio's position already clinched and all but not in their position. I'm will be pissed if the Lakers lose home court advantage to the Mavs, Celtics, and Miami

laugh.gif
I don't know, I just like making myself feel happy!

And you gotta think though, this past 4 games, the Lakers look like complete crap! Like they don't even want to play... just a coincidence? Nope. Can't fool me!

Pau proving to the world that he is indeed soft. We all knew that though.

The thing that pisses me off is he doesn't play his game anymore. He's been settling for jumpers most of this season and he's 7 feet tall. He doesn't pull out the bag of tricks anymore like he used to.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by russbuss106

how could a franchise be losing on purpose for mind games? haha cmon now. i could see if they were in san antonio's position already clinched and all but not in their position. I will be pissed if the Lakers lose home court advantage to the Mavs, Celtics, and Miami

laugh.gif
I don't know, I just like making myself feel happy!

And you gotta think though, this past 4 games, the Lakers look like complete crap! Like they don't even want to play... just a coincidence? Nope. Can't fool me!

haha whatever you say but I sure hope they're doing it on purpose because I dont like seeing them play like this.

Never feels good to lose games, but I have this feeling LA came out, got the 17-1, was like alright, we can still do this, and went back into their shells til round 1 starts. 
laugh.gif

Like they just needed to see that they could kick the rust off and then went back to not caring. 

Scary thought, if they manage to win this year.  Repeat Threepeat, can you even fathom, I mean, can you even IMAGINE next regular season? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

I'm tellin ya, I bet they would miss the damn playoffs. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  They would give so many games away it wouldn't even be funny.  YMCA kids would stack wins at Staples on us. 

I want this title this year, simply so I can enjoy that regular season.  I think it would be phenomenal entertainment in here. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I've said this before in this thread but this season really is going like the last time we 3 peated in 2002.

Lakers that same year finished with the # 2 seed in the West behind the Kings who just like the Spurs this season are a veteran team with a versatile and aging PF and a nice supporting cast and deep bench. Some Laker fans on here and other message boards like LG were saying "We're done" People on the Kings like Vlade Divac were saying the Lakers wouldn't beat them in a 7 game series without HCA.

No I'm not saying if we do face the Spurs this year in the WCF that the Lakers can win a game 7 on the road like they did in Sacramento in 2002. I think the Lakers would need to end that series in game 6 in LA. But at the same I've been saying it since the Thunder got Perkins & Mohammed in the trades that we will meet them this year in WCF this year.

^^

Heck CP next season? 4 peat ?

The NBA is headed for another lock out. Who knows if there will be a season or if we get a shortened season where only 40 to 45 regular season games are played.

Only way we 4peat is if we flip Bynum for D12. Otherwise, no damn way we go to five straight finals. Hell, I'm worried about getting to a 4th. Bodies get tired from all the mileage the last 3 years.

Lakers' offense looked very stagnant the last few games.  I've seen this act before though....3 more games and you guys will start giving a damn 
laugh.gif

Had they of taken care of business, we could of been resting Kobe and Pau by now.

Guess it aint a championship seaason without us playing like %#!@ at the end of the season...Hopefully the reward is there at the end.

I'm not happy about this 4 game slide and hope that we can keep home court over the Heat and Celts even if they want to pretend its not important.

With that being said, the Lakeshow fuels itself on the doubt of critics. Everyone was starting to D-Ride a lil too much, and some hating going into the playoffs might be exactly what we need.

3-Peat coming soon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's going to come to that one playoff game where everything is falling apart and we'll be against the wall

This is EXACTLY how we want to go into the playoffs. :/

I know you're being sarcastic and as fans, we never want to see our team lose, but our guys are just "saving" it for the playoffs.

Rebounding is really an effort statistic. We're coming up short on our energy and effort, especially the last 4 games.

They know that when they try, they're the best team in the league....but I don't know how many times you can keep hitting that switch

and achieve the same successes. Either way, come playoff time, I fully expect our intensity to amplify and us winning the rebound battle.

Just saw the game. Man that was terrible. From the first second to the last second I didn't see any good basketball from the Lakers. The D, the offense, the passing, spacing, name it and they messed it up. But then, they'll go play Dallas or the Spurs and will look like an unbeatable basketball machine. I've never seen a team play on both sides of the spectrum, so much. Every game you watch, you don't know which Lakers team is gonna show up to play.

Back
Top Bottom