[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Games like tonight give chefs for Turkish Airlines and trolls something to second guess/hate-on Kobe for and its actually deserved so let them be like the Jazz and enjoy this personal victory.

WHOA! What the heck happened to my other posts? 
nerd.gif

why was Luke in the game over Barnes?
he hoisted up two garbage 3's and one other stupid shot....that's three wasted possessions by Luke

game's like tonight I never understand......there's never an excuse to not play hard, just look at what Utah did.  they have inferior talent but just outworked us

butterfinger bryant 
laugh.gif

all i know is THEY BETTER WIN TOMORROW!!!! i'm gonna be in attendance and to be around warrior fans when they beat the lakers is ridiculous. 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I was askin about Barnes on Twitter, like did he get hurt?  He played pretty well in the first half, had a couple nice defensive moments, I didn't see him doing anything wrong so to speak. 

Maybe Luke simply reminded Phil that he has pictures of Phil that he wouldn't want out in public. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

do lakers hold tiebreaker over heat, celtics, bulls?

Miami beat us h2h & Boston would more than likely have the tiebreaker with how things are shaping up. I don't see us catching the Bulls now
you still have to think about staying ahead of both miami and boston.
The guys are beat up, minutes need to be reduced asap. You'll see Miami & Boston do the same soon.

Kobe looked scared of Hayward going for a pump fake. Just shoot it over him or something 
eyes.gif

On top of that he was getting schooled by the rookie on the other end.
Gasol's interior defense is still non existent. It looks as if players/balls go THROUGH his arms a la nba live.

I know people here dont like to second guess phil but what the hell was Luke doing out there? How is he going to help during the slump? dude makes things WORSE.

Turnovers+Kobe being trash is auto loss

EDIT: Luke has a total of 27 field goals made during the season AND 27 TURNOVERS
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Damn... Yall OD'ing we're 17 and 3 since the All Star break.

We finished the season off HORRIBLE the last 2 titles and we still ended up winning.

Take a deep breath, relax....

EDIT: Luke has a total of 27 field goals made during the season AND 27 TURNOVERS smiley: rollsmiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sick

sick.gif
Mitch got rid of Kwame... but not Puke
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Heck he's stayed longer than Sasha!
30t6p3b.gif

I just hope they close out the regular season with a W to start the playoffs right. From what I'm reading, they don't seem to be too affected by it (I'm not saying they shouldn't, but I guess they have to show some effort).

On to the Warriors!

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Kobe played the rookie dirty on that...wasn't enough for him. He had to have the cherry on top. Didn't get it.
the helll you talking about... the rookie did dirty on kobe ALL NIGHT LONG...LOL
Co-Sign. Give credit where credit is due.

I was wondering if it's just coincidence that the last two games, the Spurs played before us, and won both of their games, maybe letting some of the air out our balloon so to speak. 

They sure looked like they were sleep walking out there last night.  And if they pull that again tonight, vs Monta and Steph, with a hustler like D-Lee, that could be a problem.   One positive at least is GS also played last night too, so it's not like they are any less rested or anything. 

I wonder how Phil motivates them for the final 5.  You all know damn well they don't want to play these 5 games, they just want the postseason to be here already (as do most of us)  Does he try resting guys and risk losing the edge we have over Boston and Miami (at the moment)?  Like I said yesterday, regardless of the Jazz and GS games, we have @ Port, OKC and SA over the course of 5 days.  That's a tough stretch no matter what, there was no guarantee we would get all 3 of those, now with losing to the Jazz, they could be REAL important games in terms of holding off Boston or Miami and chasing Chicago.  (It's obvious, the SA part is out of the equation now) 

Just beat Golden State, figure the rest out later.  Which is what we shoulda done with Utah. 

I think Phil would like to rest guys but this loss kind hurts that plan. We can't afford to lose ground on Miami or Boston and the only way to absolutely ensure that is to stay ahead of then in the loss column. Now one of them has a guaranteed loss because they play each other on Sunday. So we may have one game to play with but the Heat in particular could run the table and have HC over us as well. If we lose one more game, I think we'll be alright as seeding goes. We aren't catching Chicago or San Antonio. Hopefully Pop will be testing his guys next Tues.

I also think Drew has earned the right to be in the game at the end with his great play, but hey Phil is the HOFer and inexplicably played Luke for god knows what reason last night so...

I guess, if we say Boston beats Chicago, but Miami beats Boston, that gives both an extra L, then we have to win out to stay ahead of Miami.  And still hope for another Bulls loss, correct? 

laugh.gif
 screw all this, I'm getting tired of it.  Just beat whoever the hell is in front of us.  Be it N.O., Memphis, or Portland, then in the second either Dallas or Port, and then take on either OKC or San An, and then whoever in the finals.  Just give us a team to look at, 2 weeks to figure out how to win 4 times, and keep it movin.  All this math stuff is buggin me. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

RT @LATimessports: Spero Dedes said to be replacing Joel Meyers as Lakers' TV announcer http://lat.ms/gbw2MP
Yes! I usually mute the tv broadcast & listen to the radio, this is awesome

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I always wondered why his Golden voice was not on Television already.  
laugh.gif

They should bring on Mychal Thompson as well, they work well together. 

"I don't want to talk," Meyers said after the Lakers lost, 86-85, to the Utah Jazz on Tuesday night. "Thank you, though."

aww man i like dedes but this makes me feel bad for joel
frown.gif

First it was Paul Sunderland who keeps saying "Los Angeles Lakers" instead of just "Lakers"
laugh.gif
..so annoying
Joel Meyers ,whoever is on the TV screen, always brings up the  age,school and hometown....

" He's a young man out of the Valley who went to UCLA.....or .....He's a 26 year old guy from Arizona...blablabbla"

it got annoying after a while
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heemsta

"I don't want to talk," Meyers said after the Lakers lost, 86-85, to the Utah Jazz on Tuesday night. "Thank you, though."

aww man i like dedes but this makes me feel bad for joel
frown.gif

Joel is still under contract I believe, I'm sure he'll find something within Fox Sports channels.  
I still can't believe Joel has been the Lakers play-by-play man on tv for 8 years, time flies.  

Back
Top Bottom