[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Hoping for a Spurs' L too
if i hope for the spurs to lose that means im rooting for the celtics. *cringes*

i'll just hope for a Laker win and play it safe.

Spurs are an imminent threat. We'll worry about Boston if/when they get there.

For tonight... I hope Boston wipes the floor with SA.

Are they still sending out their b-grade starters or are tony and manu playing tonight?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Hoping for a Spurs' L too
if i hope for the spurs to lose that means im rooting for the celtics. *cringes*

i'll just hope for a Laker win and play it safe.

Spurs are an imminent threat. We'll worry about Boston if/when they get there.

For tonight... I hope Boston wipes the floor with SA.

Are they still sending out their b-grade starters or are tony and manu playing tonight?

i see what you're saying but i just cannot root for boston ever in my life. it'll be nice to catch san antonio but it wont matter if we dont. but like i said i'll just hope for a Laker win instead of rooting against the spurs. 

Damn barnes is gangsta lol.

26 pt lead...2min left.

Gottdamn why is there so much hostility in this game..haha the playoffs are coming..back in the dat they just let them play tho..shrugs

Brace yourselves Luke Walton NT hater club.

You guys are going to see him get even more minutes off the bench the next 2 games because Barnes will be suspended.

Gangster? For walking around TALKING?!

I hate when dudes do that crap. DO SOMETHING... or SHUT UP.

Looking like a little itch out there. 'Let me go, b. Eff off me." Or what? Nothing. Exactly.

Dude's a chump.

Barnes is a chump, too... running up on Terry knowing DAMN well he was WAITING for the refs to come save him from having to stand there and run his mouth too much longer. If I was a ref I'd've stood there.

"You two done flirting? No? Cool, I'll wait. Breath mint?"

Few things bother me more than tough guy images; BE TOUGH... or BE QUIET. Put up or shut up. Do something or go away. However you want to word it.

damn we wont have barnes, blake, and maybe brown for tomorrow. how we gonna play thru 48 mins lmao

I agree with everything Webber just said, talking about how Terry was the only Mav 'offended' enough to actually do something. Yeah, it was a cheap shot, pushing Blake like that, but hell, he was getting blown out and he got pissed. Got at least a little fight in him.

Rest of them SOFT dudes like Dirk just wandering around like "Oh shucks.
frown.gif
We're getting embarrassed."

And that's why they're not champions, even with all the talent they've had the past few years.

You serious Barnes straight up shoved the hell out of Terry.

Stop trying act like your tough, too. Know damn well you wouldn't say, "you two done flirting?"
laugh.gif

Gotta disagree with you Ska. I love scrappy players, it gets into player's heads. You'd be surprise how easy it is to intimidate opponents and mentally shut them down.

I used to do that all the damn time
laugh.gif
And every time, it worked like a charm!

kvsm23vs24:
Stop trying act like your tough, too. Know damn well you wouldn't say, "you two done flirting?"
laugh.gif

I literally do it all the time. I work in a juvenile delinquent facility. Kids are ordered by the court to be where I work. Lock up.

When I can tell two kids really aren't about it, I always sit back and holler things like "Y'all done flirting?" and "Damn, kiss him already."

It ain't tough to call someone's bluff. People who are serious don't talk; people who talk aren't serious.

This has happened plenty of times, too:

kid: "I'm serious, Mike D, you better get this dude. I'm 'bout to..."
me: "Do nothing. If you were about to do something, you'd have done it."
kid: "Man, don't even eff with me right now. I'm serious."
me: "No you're not, and that's why I'm still sitting down."

They know that if it's really going to go down, I'm ready to crack some heads... but if they're trying to put on a show by puffing their chests up until I come break it up, I'm'a sit and sip my coffee and let them put on their little show.

Ska, by your logic, who would you consider tough in the NBA considering the referees/players/coaches break up any skirmish.

Even Charles Oakley in today's NBA wouldn't be able to be a tough guy like he was in the 90s because of the rules/ejections/fines/technicals

I think Barnes, Artest and Blake give us gritty and tough players that don't let people push them around.

Barnes did the right thing by having Steve Blake's back after Blake got into Jason Terry grill for that cheap shove on that foul.

Even though it's going to cost Barnes a suspension.

Like CWebb pointed out in the post game show during that whole little squirmish nobody on the Mavs reacted and had Jason Terry's back when that all went down.

I respect Barnes more for having Steves back. Probably true that they all wouldn't throw down but at least stand up for your own teammates in the case for Dallas. All in all very good game. Lets hope they bring this energy to Utah, where they don't have much to play for since their season is pretty much over. 

Aww, it's that dude Its That Dude.

How's the wife and kids?
happy.gif

Always good seeing longtime fans jump in unannounced on conversations they have no interest in being a part of.

it's pretty sad if anyone gets suspended. No elbows or punches thrown. just pushes. who cares about a push? no flagrant-2's neither. lame
the league is so soft nowadays.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I don't know bruhs, only Laker I can really see getting suspended is Barnes.

Stern has surprised us before though
eyes.gif

Barnes & Blake will get 1 or 2 games suspensions.
Jason Terry sure as heck better at least get 2 or 3 games max since he was the instigator.

Ska I see what you're saying but there's no room for any of that in today's post Malice at the Palace environment. Guys like Oakley and Laimbeer would have been suspended for half the season like Artest and Stephen Jackson were. You CAN'T be a tough guy or you'll get thrown out and suspended for dozens of games; you'd have to be an idiot to actually throw hands out on the court like that.

So, while I do agree that most NBA players aren't really trying to fight, I think guys like Barnes and Artest probably would have murked Terry if this was back in the 80's.

BTW it's a shame Stack isn't still on the Mavericks, or else that could have been REAL interesting
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

crazy game tonight, never seen everyone in lakers was heated that much. playoffs here we come.

Enh, good points, 5am.

What's the minimum suspension for throwing a punch, anyways? Anyone know? What about landing a hit?

In light of the Wizards-Heat game yesterday,
30t6p3b.gif
@ the League if anyone other than Jason Terry and/or Matt Barnes gets suspended. Haywood looked like he shoved a guy, too. Heck, even Z yesterday only got a fine --and he threw 2 elbows.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I don't know bruhs, only Laker I can really see getting suspended is Barnes.

Stern has surprised us before though
eyes.gif

Barnes & Blake will get 1 or 2 games suspensions.
Jason Terry sure as heck better at least get 2 or 3 games max since he was the instigator.
Blake did just as much as Ilgauskas & Juwan Howard did in their scuffle Wednesday night and those two just got slapped with fines. It'd be really disappointing to see Blake miss game time as a result of this.

If Stern is going to base his punishment on the impact of what the altercation LED to, then perhaps yes, I could see Steve Blake getting suspended but the way I see it, Blake, Barnes, & Brown all get fined but Barnes misses a game.

I can see Terry being suspended for a game and I think Stern will let Keenan Thompson slide since this might be his first offense.

With today's  era. I suspect Barnes and Blake to be suspended for the rest of the season AND playoffs.

And Shannon Brown? Oh geez, that guy is a goon! See all his tats? I also think he'll be suspended for the rest of the season and playoffs... .. AND the rest of next season!

Back
Top Bottom