[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Some ESPN guys debating a couple topics:

[h3][/h3]

[h3]5. Are we overlooking Kobe Bryant as an MVP candidate?[/h3]
110.jpg

Bryant​

John Krolik, Cavs: The Blog: In some ways, yes. Kobe has been one of the very best players in the league this season, and the Lakers are rolling. He deserves a look.

Unfortunately for him, with the way the voting goes, something has to "stand out" about an MVP season. Kobe's numbers aren't dominant, the Lakers don't have the best record in the league, and he's a victim of his own prior success.

Beckley Mason, HoopSpeak: Kobe is doing work, but I think if there's an overlooked MVP candidate this year it's the league's best shooting guard, Dwyane Wade. Wade is having a better year than Bryant and outplayed him in both their meetings.

Of course, Wade may not be MVP of his own team, which pretty much removes him from contention.

Darius Soriano, Forum Blue & Gold: Yes. His per 36-minute statistics rival Derrick Rose's and he's had a substantial impact on one of the top-performing teams.

That said, I'd have trouble voting for Kobe, as his defense has taken a step back from prior seasons, and there are too many other great candidates to choose from. Personally, I'd vote for Dwight Howard.

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, HoopSpeak: Bizarrely, yes. There's a statistically suspect narrative about Bryant's decline that shockingly comes from the same people who overrated him over the years. I don't see any drop-off in Kobe's play, and he's been better than Derrick Rose.

Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com: When aren't we? I still say Kobe's best individual season was two years before he won his only MVP award, when he carried a mediocre team back to the playoffs by averaging 35 points. But I think a lot of the credit for the Lakers' surge belongs with a healthy Andrew Bynum as much as Kobe.

Overall, his minutes and numbers are down, he's readying for the playoffs, and I doubt he even cares about any regular-season award.
Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com...story?page=5-on-5-110329

pretty much

kobe is having the same year as he did last year, coast till the playoffs but once the playoffs start, i guarantee hes going to avg close to a triple double ..

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

kobe is having the same year as he did last year, coast till the playoffs but once the playoffs start, i guarantee hes going to avg close to a triple double ..
Come on now.....

Originally Posted by CP1708

Come on now.....

reaching-for-star-big1.jpg

Please don't ever post in the Sports forum again.
laugh.gif

^
That's being a little harsh.  I think what he's saying though is Kobe will do his typical 30 6 and 6 type work come postseason time. 

And that's what I expect as well.  28-30 a night, 5.5 boards and assists as well.  As long as he stays healthy, once he bumps up to 38-40 minutes a night, his numbers will uptick slightly. 

oooooh i cant wait til the post season starts. i'm so ready.

even though it feels like this season has flown by..it'll be over b4 you know it..=/

Heads up !

Kobe will be on ESPN's show PTI today. Probably later in the show when the show is 15 minutes into it and they do like a 5 to 10 minute max interview with him via video conference from the Lakers practice facility.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
That's being a little harsh.  I think what he's saying though is Kobe will do his typical 30 6 and 6 type work come postseason time. 

And that's what I expect as well.  28-30 a night, 5.5 boards and assists as well.  As long as he stays healthy, once he bumps up to 38-40 minutes a night, his numbers will uptick slightly. 
Yeah these last 4 games on the current home stand Kobe, Mychal Thompson, Stu Lantz, Phil Jackson all have mentioned that Kobe is getting into "playoff mode" that's why he's been a lot more aggressive early on in games, instead of him looking to setup & run the triangle offense while getting his teammates involved. That's also why you have seen him go for 42,37, and 30 point games. Phil said something the other day that since Kobe usually rests on off days and maybe does some light shooting that these last regular season games are literally his practice time
eek.gif

I think that dude was talking about the Pheonix series. KB missed like 4 triple doubles that series smh. He averaged 29 a game in the playoffs last season and 30 a game the last 3 seasons before that.

I think he'll be at 28 a game no problem this year. He really got going towards the end of the OKC series last year AKA after he got his knee drained. Did his usualy Jazz killing and then got his revenge on the Suns and played very well against Boston except for that game 7, but hey he got 15 rebounds that game so I'm not mad.

Only thing that bothers me this year is his fingers. I just don't get why he wears those things on his fingers. I understand that his fingers hurt when he plays and are permanently f'ed up, but it seems like wearing those finger bands or w.e they work against him.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I think that dude was talking about the Pheonix series. KB missed like 4 triple doubles that series smh. He averaged 29 a game in the playoffs last season and 30 a game the last 3 seasons before that.

I think he'll be at 28 a game no problem this year. He really got going towards the end of the OKC series last year AKA after he got his knee drained. Did his usualy Jazz killing and then got his revenge on the Suns and played very well against Boston except for that game 7, but hey he got 15 rebounds that game so I'm not mad.

Only thing that bothers me this year is his fingers. I just don't get why he wears those things on his fingers. I understand that his fingers hurt when he plays and are permanently f'ed up, but it seems like wearing those finger bands or w.e they work against him.
To me his finger at this point is really not any issue. I mean dude now for what 2 or 3 years has managed to play with pain and has even gotten some coaching tips from Chuck Person on how to adjust his shooting technique to improve his shot. He said last year after the Finals that he's basically accepted how his fingers are now and opted not to get surgery done on them because he does not want to sit & out and miss time.

His recent shooting slump where he shot 43% for like the first 2 home games on this home stand after the severe ankle sprain @ Dallas you could tell he just had no lift on his jumper and no explosiveness when he made cuts, or tried driving to the hoop to create plays or draw fouls.

kobe will never win another regular season MVP. its a shame nash has more MVPs than him, shaq, david robinson, hakeem and iverson.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Lakers 2011 Playoff Tickets[/h1]
Mar 30 2011 4:35PM

This page has general information regarding Lakers 2011 Playoff tickets. As more details are finalized this page will be updated.

Schedule:
The NBA playoffs begin the first weekend after the end of the regular season and run through the middle of June. There are 4 rounds to the playoffs; A – First Round, B – Conference Semi-Finals; C – Conference Finals, D – NBA Finals. The First Round playoff schedule is not known until after the end of the regular season, which ends on April 13th, 2011. The schedules for subsequent rounds are not known until the preceding round is completed.

Tickets:
Tickets for the first round of the playoffs will be on-sale to the public at 10am on April 9th. You can get tickets through Ticketmaster.com. and Ticketmaster outlets, but not at the STAPLES Center Box Office. There is a limit to 4 tickets/game for the public on-sale.

You can also try Ticketexchange, where you get seats straight from our season ticket holders. Ticketexchange will have tickets for purchase once the date of the game is confirmed.

Tickets for future playoff rounds will go on-sale towards the end of the preceding round. More information will be posted here as it becomes available.

Presale:
The Lakers will have 2 presales for First Round playoff tickets. The first will be on April 7th from 12-4pm PDT for Lakers season ticket holders and the second on April 8th from 12-4pm PDT for subscribers to our Lakers Promotions email list and members of our season ticket holder waiting list. The presale will take place on Ticketmaster.com. If you are eligible for the presale, you will receive an email with complete details by end of the day on Monday, April 4th.

Please visit our Presale FAQ's page for answers to questions we have received from past presales.

Please keep in mind that tickets are in extremely limited supply relative to demand. Participating in the presale is not a guarantee that you will be able to find tickets. With only 4 total games going on-sale, the number of tickets available is low relative to the number of fans looking for tickets, even during the presale.

Sign-up to participate in the pre-sale. To be signed-up you must be subscribed to Lakers Ticket Alerts and Promotions. You must be signed up by April 3rd to take part in the presale for the First Round. If you signed-up after April 3rd, then you will be eligible for future presales, but not the First Round Presale.

Link:

http://www.nba.com/lakers...11_tickets_playoffs.html

Good luck everyone. It's going to be chaos trying to get tickets
laugh.gif

Lol at dont post in the sports forum .. you guys acting like i said
he was going to avg a triple double .. i said CLOSE!
which is like what he did last yr when he went 30/7/6.. isnt that close?

Smh at the people in here..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

westcoastsfinest:
its a shame nash has more MVPs than him, shaq, david robinson, hakeem and iverson.
Fixed.
laugh.gif

uh-oh shots fired. 

Spoiler [+]
nvm i dont think anyone is going to care now that zodogg is long gone
nerd.gif

^ We all know he can dunk, but for a dude his height he can berely make it up there. Even Kobe on one knee and ankle at 40 years old would be able to get up higher than Ron.

Phils been making fun of Ron and dunking long before he missed those 2 dunks, I wish I could see what Phil had to say too him after the game or that next practice LOL

No AMEX pre-sale this year. Uh oh for me 
grin.gif

BTW I went to the Mavs Clippers game tonight. If the Lakers come out with energy early they will be able to run them out of the building.

Back
Top Bottom