[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I honestly think Pau will get his number retired. He has contributed a lot since his arrival and it'll be a shame if he doesn't get his number put up there.

I bet Shaq will get his number retired as a Celtics though
tongue.gif

I think that Pau will get his Jersey retired regardless. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think that any Spanish players have had their jerseys retired in the NBA, so it's only fitting that he is the first to get his retired, especially if they win another ring or two.

Pau's should get his jersey retired if we 3 peat this year.

What I'm more interested in is will KB have a split banner w/ #8 and #24 on it. That would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Do you guys think Pau should get his number retired with the Lakers? he most likely getting it retired in Memphis.

Just because other teams want to retire numbers, doesn't mean the Lakers will.  
Those jerseys up there, they belong to Hall of Famer's.  That's the standard, always has been.  

If Pau ever gets the opportunity to be inducted into those halls, the Lakers will by all means, retire #16. 

pau will be a HOFer. he did a lot for the game of basketball and put spain on the map in this sport. if he makes it to the HOF, i'm sure the Lakers retire #16. if i'm not mistaken he'll be the first international player to have his number retired with the Lakers
nerd.gif

Pau is mos def a HOFer
laugh.gif

I mean it's not NBA hall of fame it basketball HOF and he was terrific for them capturing gold and winning MVP.

Add that on top of his back to back.

I said Memphis would most likely retire his number; not that we would, because they did.

Best believe when Pau becomes a HOFer, he'll be in there.

The Lakers waited so many years for Gail Goodrich to be inducted, that same year he finally was, the Lakers with a quickness scheduled that ceremony.

Shaq needs to hurry up and retire so in 5-6 years, we can see that #34 in the rafters. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

yeah and my man eddie jones switched from #25 to #6
pimp.gif
Ha, yeah.  That 1996 off-season was memorable.  
Trading for Kobe 

Eddie Jones switching to #6 

Shaq comes to L.A. 

^ My dude Eddie.
smokin.gif

Dude missed out on rings TWICE, though. :/

Left LA during the '99 season... we 3-peat from '00-'02.

Left the Heat in '05... refs help them to a championship in '06.

*shrugs*

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ My dude Eddie.
smokin.gif

Dude missed out on rings TWICE, though. :/

Left LA during the '99 season... we 3-peat from '00-'02.

Left the Heat in '05... refs help them to a championship in '06.

*shrugs*
i know a lot of us love nicky but i was just more an eddie jones fan
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@the last sentence though

Eddie was cool and all, but Nick was my guy. 

And I remember Eddie being M.I.A. alot when we needed him in those 96, 97 seasons. 
embarassed.gif

Nick tho, that boy was bad.  Kid had NO fear, none at all.  I remember him torching Gary Payton in 95 like Gary was touchin his sister or somethin. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Wish like hell he coulda stayed around longer and played for Phil with Kobe and Shaq.  Not have to play his career out for losers like Dallas and Portland. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nermindee

trap game tonight... drew vs deandre will be interesting.

No DeAndre tonight, he's still out sick.   Pneumonia is what I heard last night. 
Our bigs have to do work.  

yeah. nick the quick, nick at night or whatever chick(RIP) called him, was definitely that dude and i loved how he brought that intensity back to the Lakeshow.
pimp.gif

i still remember him hitting that game winner in our last game at the old boston garden
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 he was defintely appreciated but eddie was just sweet butter!
pimp.gif

Nermindee wrote:
trap game tonight...
this. but i hope we learned from that suns game....

drew better come out ready to play!

I'm still mad the Lakers got virtually nothing in return for Nick. Basically got 20 minutes out of Ty Lue in the Finals and that was it.
laugh.gif
Could have used Tony Battie as a backup.

Originally Posted by PMatic

I'm still mad the Lakers got virtually nothing in return for Nick. Basically got 20 minutes out of Ty Lue in the Finals and that was it.
laugh.gif

if you watched beyond the glory, jerry knew we werent going to get anything for nick. the plan was to basically clear cap room and exile him to denver.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Nermindee

trap game tonight... drew vs deandre will be interesting.

No DeAndre tonight, he's still out sick.   Pneumonia is what I heard last night. 
Our bigs have to do work.  
drew better dominate.

I still don't understand why Laker fans get boners thinking about Nick Van Exel. He wasn't a great player and was a horrible point guard.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

if you watched beyond the glory, jerry knew we werent going to get anything for nick. the plan was to basically clear cap room and exile him to denver.
Hmmm haven't seen that Beyond The Glory. I remember in '01 or whenever his last half season in Denver was, Nick was leading the league in scoring for a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom