[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

[h4]Didn't realize he was that far ahead.
[/h4][h4]Most 40-point Games, Active Players[/h4][table][tr][td]Kobe Bryant[/td][td]107[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td][td]49[/td][/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]46[/td][/tr][/table]

Shaq has GOT to have more then 49 40 point games in his career don't he? 
ohwell.gif
  That can't be right.  Feels like he damn near got 49 40's in the finals alone. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I am friggin exhausted from last night.  When Ron dunked that ball, it was the first time I jumped up off my couch screamin, I couldn't believe it. 
laugh.gif
  The whole time he was dribbling, I was like "pass it, pass it!!!" and then he rose up and I went
eek.gif
 x a million. 
laugh.gif

I wonder if this game takes some of our energy from us though come Friday.  Thank God we have 2 days off, but games like that can leave a big hurt on you much like a 17 inning baseball game even if they have a day off.  Lotta energy was spent out there last night.  Hope they get some good rest.

was the shot a bad shot? yea.. was it a bad shot for kobe? thats arguable.. we all know kobe can do anything. and even tho he was forcing a little last nite, for the most part, he was feeling it. god bless any team when mamba is in rhythm.

yea i'm sure the boys are exhausted. Bynum will be back friday though, that'll help with rotations and whatnot. we'll grab way more rebounds so we'll have more chances to slow the pace and get good looks.

It was an awful shot...... I was like !$%...nooooo while it was in the air and then when it went in I was like. Yeaaaaaaah that's my N
pimp.gif

But that was a terrible shot.
laugh.gif
in that situation you have to hold the ball until they foul you. I don't care if you are in rhythm, Kobe, MJ or god himself. You hold on to it.

He forced the shot then proceeds to make the face. LOL

You know the playoffs are near when he starts doing that crap hahahaha

I am fully supportive of everyone's basketball decisions throughout regulation and all 3 overtimes.

happy.gif

Except Luke's decision to put on a Laker jersey again.

Well, technically, that decision was made before regulation, so my previous statement stands.

For everyone.

happy.gif

I have no criticisms of anyone that could have stopped forcing it or been more aggressive underneath or anything.

No complaints from me.

About anyone.

happy.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah right.

But we won, and now we'll get Drew back, who I also have no qualms with RIGHT NOW.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

He forced the shot then proceeds to make the face. LOL

You know the playoffs are near when he starts doing that crap hahahaha

hahaha the rabid chipmunk face mos def indicates the playoffs are back!

Great game

Steve Nash and Frye were ridiculous

Ron's Celebrations
roll.gif
roll.gif

What got me mad was that why Ron wasnt on Frye. Why the hell was he guarding Vince?
30t6p3b.gif

Phil Shouldve put Kobe on Frye and Ron on Nash so they can switch on the pick and roll.

Great game! So exhausting to watch lol...but can't Lamar get some love tho! Minus that foul on fries he was the reason they won! He does soooo many things on the court its ridiculous. He literally played all 5 positions in that game and played them well. He has to b the most under appreciated player in the L cuz he honestly gets thrown into situations most would fold under. He goes from starting to not starting to guard the point to guarding to guarding the post from playing the post to running the points. He has come a long way. Def has matured.

But I digress...

Although I love the win I'm seeing a scary trend with Kobe in late game situations. Kobe plays good team ball for 3 1/2 quarters...getting the rest of the team involved, taking good shots. But when the game is on the line its like his brain goes back to 06. He holds the ball and iso every play and shoots every shot which mist of the time are sooper hard /bad shots while the rest of the just sits and watches. The offense gets stagnant and everyone else is out of rhythm. It didn't show tonite becuz hit a few and they won but its just strange I honestly don't know how Phil can just watch that possession after possession. But hey its Kobe being Kobe I guess.

Say wat u want but I have a feeling that might end up being the downfall of the Lakers in the post season. Its gonna come a time when he just won't b able to make those difficult shots...ionno I hope not tho

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Although I love the win I'm seeing a scary trend with Kobe in late game situations. Kobe plays good team ball for 3 1/2 quarters...getting the rest of the team involved, taking good shots. But when the game is on the line its like his brain goes back to 06. He holds the ball and iso every play and shoots every shot which mist of the time are sooper hard /bad shots while the rest of the just sits and watches. The offense gets stagnant and everyone else is out of rhythm. It didn't show tonite becuz hit a few and they won but its just strange I honestly don't know how Phil can just watch that possession after possession. But hey its Kobe being Kobe I guess.
EXACTLY the way i feel. watching him get his shots within the offense the first 3 quarters where he was getting wide open/good looks coming off screens and setting up his teammates was a thing of beauty. it gets close and dude moves down to isolation. c'mon kobe, you're better than that 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

EXACTLY the way i feel. watching him get his shots within the offense the first 3 quarters where he was getting wide open/good looks coming off screens and setting up his teammates was a thing of beauty. it gets close and dude moves down to isolation. c'mon kobe, you're better than that 
ohwell.gif
Well its a good strategy if you ask me. The opposing team knows kobe likes to shine in the closing minutes. That gives them the tough decision to double him or not. Doubling him opens up  Pau, Fish etc... Pick your poison. I would also love to see Matt in there in crunch time because that guy is a SMART b-ball player. He knows when and where to cut in toward the hoop. His positioning on the floor is great.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

ohwell.gif
Well its a good strategy if you ask me. The opposing team knows kobe likes to shine in the closing minutes. That gives them the tough decision to double him or not. Doubling him opens up  Pau, Fish etc... Pick your poison. I would also love to see Matt in there in crunch time because that guy is a SMART b-ball player. He knows when and where to cut in toward the hoop. His positioning on the floor is great.

He should have went to the fade multiple times down the stretch and instead went to the hoop hoping for a whistle.
eyes.gif

The only other issue I see is his ball handeling has been super diminished because of his destroyed fingers. It's sad to watch him in his #8 days vs. now in terms of ball handling ability.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

ohwell.gif

He should have went to the fade multiple times down the stretch and instead went to the hoop hoping for a whistle.
eyes.gif

The only other issue I see is his ball handeling has been super diminished because of his destroyed fingers. It's sad to watch him in his #8 days vs. now in terms of ball handling ability.

huh? u watch last nite? his handles were dope.  of course it's be better if he had 10 fingers to work with, but he makes due with 3. lol.

Originally Posted by Freeze

eyes.gif

huh? u watch last nite? his handles were dope.  of course it's be better if he had 10 fingers to work with, but he makes due with 3. lol.
His handles are fine but he loses the ball a lot and gets stripped more due to the fingers.  He moved real well which is a great sign for the playoffs.  If Odom, Artest, and Barnes play like that i like our chances.

Lakers resurgence reminds us bigger is better

Why, every year, do people fall for this?

Back in December Lakers fans were freaking out — and the rest of the league hoped they were right — because something seemed off about the Lakers. They weren’t bad, but the two-time defending champions were not dominating everyone, were not focused, were not defending, were not healthy and were not turning water into wine as their fans expect. Meanwhile the Spurs and Mavericks were steamrolling everyone in their path. People started working on their epitaphs for the Lakers tombstones.

But scouts warned us back then that it was really about the Lakers, not their opponents. If the Lakers got it together, they were the class of the West and maybe again the class of the NBA.

Well, the Lakers have got it together.

The Lakers are 13-1 since the All-Star break and have been the best team in the league. They are focused, they are defending, they are healthy (relatively) and they have the swagger that champions can bring.

And they remind us that bigger is better.

Or as our own Matt Moore tweeted after the Lakers beat the revamped Mavericks recently, it’s not just the sheer length of the Lakers front line, but the skill.

Basically, the lesson from this game is: You can add all the size depth you want but it doesn’t matter if none of it is as good as LA’s.

Sure, there is Kobe Bryant, and he will do Kobe Bryant things. He will get his 20-plus points and take some bad shots (and make a number of them). He will dominate the ball late in games.

But it is the Lakers size and skill that sets them apart. Bigger is better in basketball. Every one of their three key big men is at least 6’10

Great game! So exhausting to watch lol...but can't Lamar get some love tho! Minus that foul on fries he was the reason they won! He does soooo many things on the court its ridiculous. He literally played all 5 positions in that game and played them well. He has to b the most under appreciated player in the L cuz he honestly gets thrown into situations most would fold under. He goes from starting to not starting to guard the point to guarding to guarding the post from playing the post to running the points. He has come a long way. Def has matured.

Yea he got too much unfair hate for that; it was a dumb play but no way was Frye in the act of shooting. 
I can't think of another player as versatile as Lamar is; he can guard Steve Nash or guard Gortat/a legit big. He can run the point for you, hit a 3 with decent accuracy, rebound like crazy and play in the post. How many guys out there would come out after playing on the bench most of the year and post 29, 16, and 5 like it's nothing?
laugh.gif

He does have some bonehead moments and times where he disappears, and I have been super frustrated with him in the past. But he's a sick X factor to have when he's on his game.

Last nights game was exhausting to watch.

Even though we won I was pretty pissed watching the end of the 3rd all the way through the 3 OT's, seeing the bench let the lead slip away and then seeing the starters come back in and just trade shots with the Suns. By the 2md OT I thought the Suns had the momentum and would get the W.

Now looking ahead at the remaining regular season schedule I'm pretty much convinced the Lakers will finish with the 2nd seed, even with Tim Duncan's injury I just don't see them dropping 5 games in a row for the Lakers to even have a shot at catching them for the #1 seed while the Lakers are 7 games back in the loss column.

I actually think being the 2nd seed is better for the Lakers because we would end up more than likely playing the Hornets in the 1st round which I can't see that series lasting more than 5 games. If the Lakers somehow ended up with the #1 seed we would face the Grizzlies who have been a pest & have given the Lakers problems this year, also playing them means avoiding the Bynum injury curse against them
laugh.gif

2nd round the Lakers also are probably going to face the Mavs if the Mavs don't do their annual 1st round exit and get upset by the Blazers which can very much happen.Either way I don't see the Lakers having much of a problem with either of these teams in the 2nd round. Also with the Lakers finishing 2nd in the West we would avoid playing the Thunder in the 2nd round.I actually really think that the Thunder are more of threat than the Spurs and that they will take out the Spurs in the 2nd round and that the Lakers & Thunder will meet in the WCF this year.

As far as regular season standing go I'm just keeping an eye and seeing if the Lakers finish ahead of the C's & Bulls for HCA in the Finals this year which is HUGE.

Here are the remaining regular season schedule's for the Lakers, Bulls, and C's:

Lakers:

[table][tr][td]March[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Time[/td][td]Local TV[/td][td]Nat TV[/td][td]Radio[/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 25[/td][td] vs LA Clippers [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] FS West[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 27[/td][td] vs New Orleans [/td][td] 6:30pm[/td][td] FS West[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Thu 31[/td][td] vs Dallas [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]April[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Time[/td][td]Local TV[/td][td]Nat TV[/td][td]Radio[/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 01[/td][td] @ Utah  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] KCAL[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 03[/td][td] vs Denver [/td][td] 12:30pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_ABC.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 05[/td][td] vs Utah [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] FS West[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 06[/td][td] @ Golden State  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] KCAL[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 08[/td][td] @ Portland  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] KCAL[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 10[/td][td] vs Oklahoma City [/td][td] 6:30pm[/td][td] FS West[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 12[/td][td] vs San Antonio [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] FS West[/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 13[/td][td] @ Sacramento  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] KCAL[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] 710/1330 AM ESPN[/td][/tr][/table]
Bulls:

[table][tr][td]Fri 25[/td][td] vs Memphis   [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] CSN-Chicago[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 26[/td][td] @ Milwaukee    [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] WGN[/td][td] WGN America[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Mon 28[/td][td] vs Philadelphia   [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] WCIU[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 30[/td][td] @ Minnesota    [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] CSN-Chicago[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]April[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Time[/td][td]Local TV[/td][td]Nat TV[/td][td]Radio[/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 01[/td][td] @ Detroit    [/td][td] 6:30pm[/td][td] CSN-Chicago+[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 02[/td][td] vs Toronto   [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] WGN[/td][td] WGN America[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 05[/td][td] vs Phoenix   [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] WCIU[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Thu 07[/td][td] vs Boston   [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 08[/td][td] @ Cleveland    [/td][td] 6:30pm[/td][td] WGN[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 10[/td][td] @ Orlando    [/td][td] 12:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_ABC.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 12[/td][td] @ New York    [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 13[/td][td] vs New Jersey   [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] CSN-Chicago[/td][td] [/td][td] ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][/table]
C's:

[table][tr][td]70[/td][td]Wednesday, March 23[/td][td]Memphis Grizzlies [/td][td]7:30 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]71[/td][td]Friday, March 25[/td][td]Charlotte Bobcats [/td][td]7:30 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]72[/td][td]Sunday, March 27[/td][td]@ Minnesota Timberwolves [/td][td]7:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]73[/td][td]Monday, March 28[/td][td]@ Indiana Pacers [/td][td]7:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]74[/td][td]Thursday, March 31[/td][td]@ San Antonio Spurs [/td][td]8:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]WEEI
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][/table][table]April 2011[tr][th=""]#[/th][th=""]Date[/th][th=""]Opponent[/th][th=""]Time[/th][th=""]Result[/th][th=""]Broadcast[/th][th=""]Giveaways/Promotions[/th][/tr][tr][td]75[/td][td]Friday, April 1[/td][td]@ Atlanta Hawks [/td][td]8:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]76[/td][td]Sunday, April 3[/td][td]Detroit Pistons [/td][td]6:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]77[/td][td]Tuesday, April 5[/td][td]Philadelphia 76ers [/td][td]7:30 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]78[/td][td]Thursday, April 7[/td][td]@ Chicago Bulls[/td][td]8:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]WEEI
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]79[/td][td]Friday, April 8[/td][td]Washington Wizards [/td][td]7:30 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]80[/td][td]Sunday, April 10[/td][td]@ Miami HEAT [/td][td]3:30 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]WEEI
broadcast_ABC.gif
[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]81[/td][td]Monday, April 11[/td][td]@ Washington Wizards [/td][td]7:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]82[/td][td]Wednesday, April 13[/td][td]New York Knicks [/td][td]8:00 p.m.[/td][td]
[/td][td]CSNHD/WEEI[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][/table]

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

People complain that he shouldn't go for the fade and he should drive to the hoop, and other people wonder why he drives to the hole hoping for the whistle...
laugh.gif

This is Kobe, you guys trying to give him advice like you know better than he does, and we're WINNING games.
grin.gif

He does alot of things better now than he did in his #8 days and vice versa. If you ask me, it just shows how good he is being able to perform at such a level with all those injuries.

I'm a big KB fan obviously, and although I don't agree with everything he does, he always comes through when it matters and 15 years in, I have no right questioning the man if we're winning.

BTW, my response isn't directed only at you so don't take it the wrong way.

ohwell.gif
It would be a good strategy if Kobe would mix it up a little. If I am the opposing coach in a close game situation with the Lakers, I know Kobe would make it easier to play defense because you know he is gonna have the ball in his hands every possession looking for the shot. Its like ok put your best defender on him bring a double team late and pack the paint.  That's honestly how the Suns came back in the 1st place. If he would mix things up a bit like run the offense, give it to Pau in the post, then come back and go in Mamba I think defenses would fold so much faster in late games because they would be so confused imo....but hey we won so I cant complain...everything goes unnoticed when you win right....

Back
Top Bottom