[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

gangsta207therevolution:
KenJi714:
PMatic:
A Lakers-Bulls Finals would bring two interesting storylines...Phil trying to get his 12th ring and Kobe trying to get his 6th ring vs the Bulls
Sweep. Lakers 4-0 easily .

Heat vs Lakers is 10x better. Lakers would probably have to win in game 7
pimp.gif

Salt boy....
That would be 4-0 the other way.... Enough trolling though
Rose would average 30 and 10 and everyone in this fourm knows it.
Oh, Rose would destroy us, no doubt, just like another high scoring combo guard back in '01.

Iverson.
wink.gif

Wasn't exactly 4-0, though... but close enough.

I don't care who we play.  Storylines aplenty either way. 

Boston
Chicago
Miami
Orlando

Either of those 4 teams.  I just want a chance at facing them.  I hope we have enough left in the tank at the end of this long 4 year run. 

Just realized this week, Fish, Ron, Odom, Kobe, Pau, and Shannon all have played every game this year, with Blake missing just one game. 
ohwell.gif

I don't like that at all.  Kobe gained a lil extra last year missing a few games.  Pau took a month off.  Bynum always does.  Who knows, maybe all that time gave them the last little bit of juice they had for game 7 in which they were clearly worn down from the long year, and long 3rd year straight. 

Now in year 4, half the damn team has a shot at playing 82 regular season games? 
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

@#$%

laugh.gif
 mentally yes, but that don't take the 35 minutes a night or whatever off their knees/ankles/legs and what not.  Those minutes count, playing hard or not, that wear and tear is real. 

Bynum and Barnes really the only 2 on the roster (that matter) that have any sort of rest on their bodies. 

For the record I was trolling when I said 4-0.....
The Bulls safely have a better squad than Philly had.
Boozer wont have as much pressure to perform with Noah on the floor.
aztec06jr  Read my last sentence in my inital statement.
Deng shuts himself down in the playoffs.
Noah is too Small for Pau. That is a huge mismatch against the bulls. If KG can't stop Pau in the finals what makes you think Noah will?
Boozer is softer than Gasol and Bynum. Dude went MIA every time we played Utah.

Noah out hustled and shut Gasol down in LA earler this season
Do Laker fans not remember 08? When KG shut Gasol down...
Tibs has made Kobe look like an average clucker in both finals series.....
Kobe will no doubt switch onto Rose, but if they have to play a whole series with that matchup. I see Kobe being worn down.
Artest and Deng are a wash.

If you honestly believe that your a fool. Now Artest and Barnes are a wash with Deng....
If I had to take my homer hat for what Chicago is doing this season off I would say that this is a 6 game series in favor of the Lakers  waiting to happen.
4-0 is something that should never be mentioned as a finals prediction against a team that will win 55+ games.
Im a fan of most of the Lakers players and their organization, however baseless predictions like 4-0 is why I dont rock with most Lakers fans.

gangsta 207 -don't you know we still have Luke Walton, the most talented guy in the league. He will destroy Bulls bench with his between legs passing as well as unstoppable fade away shot. BTW, Kobe will guard Rose if the 2 teams ever meet in the final like he did against all the PG before.

people are seriously underestimating the Bulls, they remind me somewhat of the 04 pistons, in terms of that their a good defensive team, they have a very very good point guard, and a talented lineup.

I love the Bulls! Rose is my 2nd favortie player.... BUT if the Bulls win the Chip this year, we know Obama was behind it!
tongue.gif

Dude really said Artest won't be able to contain Luol Deng
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So he can defend Durant well for a series, but the mighty Luol Deng will prove too tall of a task
roll.gif
roll.gif

As far as the rest of the matchups go, I'd give Bynum an advantage over Noah if he's healthy, simply because of his length and edge on offense. Boozer and Pau are pretty much a wash, but Pau's length and size helps. On the other hand, Chicago is so active on the boards that I could see the rebounding advantage oscillating back and forth throughout the series. I don't think it would be an easy series for either team; but I think the Lakers would win in 6. Rose would probably be the MVP of the series but not win it because his team lost, and Kobe would get it by default even after posting poor FG% again against a Thibodeau led defense. 

Again, all hypothetical but it's what I'd love to see as amatchup...win or lose. 
eek.gif
  At leastthere's 5 bigs to throw at Bynum, Pau, and Odom otherwise it would be a runaway.  Odom would be the X-factor in thishypothetical matchup, IMO.

Besides, I can go "home" to LA watch a game and come back to my newhome (CHI) and watch another.  It's some serious coin, but if it happensI'm shelling it out.

It's time to go ahead and put this to bed now. 

I respect the Bulls plenty.  Really like them.  Been leadin the Rose is MVP charge since December. 

Now,

Do ANY of you, remember Carlos Boozer sucking for 3 straight postseasons vs Pau Gasol?  I sure hope so.  His jumper was off in each and every series because of Pau's wing span.  And on top of that, the Jazz also had a nice little PG in Deron Williams.  The Jazz those 3 series? Something like 3-12 correct? 

Noah is a great defender, and a helluva hustler, but he's not an offensive threat outside of putbacks and a play or two here and there for him.  Bynum however can match him.  They could both do 15 and 13's and that'd be it.  Booz can not match up with Pau, and hasn't done so the past THREE seasons.  Rose can run wild, just like Deron did and the Lakers would still be in great shape. 

And the game plan would be much the same, use Fish, Blake, and Shannon on Rose for 45 minutes a game, and if it's close and you need to shut him down for a short stretch, you could switch Kobe on to him, give him a different look, as well as try to use a lil more size vs him.  Kobe can't play him 48 minutes a night like he does Rondo because Rose would drain all of Kobe's energy and Kobe wouldn't be able to roam and help out. 

Ron could certainly contain Deng, even if Deng has a nice game here or there. 

The Bulls bench would be their best shot with Asik and Gibson being able to match what Lamar gives us. 

It would be a nice match up either way.  But it would be very difficult for the Bulls to pull it off simply because of Pau vs Booz and whoever the Bulls us at SG.  Bogans Kobe can take low and do what he wants, Korver makes Kobe's eyes light up when he comes into the game, so that means a ton of Brewer.  Where Brewer used to play?  Oh, Utah.  Same as Korver. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bulls fans simply need to look at the last 3 years of Jazz/Lakers playoff games, that's basically what it would look like.  Now Thibs might give you a better chance with his defensive schemes, no doubt about that, but you also have to take into consideration this would be the Bulls first finals for all of their players except Kurt Thomas, as well as they would have to go thru both Miami and Boston already, there's a certain energy left in the tank to worry about by that point.  Now if the Bulls have HC, maybe I improve their odds a tick, whereas if LA gets it, and game 1 and 2 of the NBA finals for the Bulls players is on the road, vs a completely vet team in LA..........that would be tough. 

Now, can we please get to the first round first before we do all this finals matchup stuff?  Thank you. 

there's really just no scenario where i dont see us gettin to the finals, bar any injuries. so the ball in really in the easts court to kick out the best team to challenge us. our hardest challenge in the wc this playoffs will probably be okc, and we may or may not see them. no other team can really challenge us, especially with the rythym we have currently. in fact truthfully i've been thinking about it, i dont see us not winning it all again anymore, provided we can preserve energy where we can and stay healthy. bulls, nice team, but they dont have enough. orlando is too small when bynum is in. boston shouldve kept perk. we do have issues stoppin the heats 2 stars and posh spice, that would probably be our biggest challenge in the finals really. just from the standpoint wade is gonna continue to attack the rim with no relent, and get out guys in foul trouble. and we hav an issue with perimeter defense, their guys wont miss them all. i'm sure we'd tighten the reigns up, close out better, really just watch game tape of the teams that beat them and see why. theyd mos def hav the refs in their pockets tho. i believe come june we'll be lifting #17 though.

Originally Posted by CP1708

It's time to go ahead and put this to bed now. 

I respect the Bulls plenty.  Really like them.  Been leadin the Rose is MVP charge since December. 

Now,

Do ANY of you, remember Carlos Boozer sucking for 3 straight postseasons vs Pau Gasol?  I sure hope so.  His jumper was off in each and every series because of Pau's wing span.  And on top of that, the Jazz also had a nice little PG in Deron Williams.  The Jazz those 3 series? Something like 3-12 correct? 

Noah is a great defender, and a helluva hustler, but he's not an offensive threat outside of putbacks and a play or two here and there for him.  Bynum however can match him.  They could both do 15 and 13's and that'd be it.  Booz can not match up with Pau, and hasn't done so the past THREE seasons.  Rose can run wild, just like Deron did and the Lakers would still be in great shape. 

And the game plan would be much the same, use Fish, Blake, and Shannon on Rose for 45 minutes a game, and if it's close and you need to shut him down for a short stretch, you could switch Kobe on to him, give him a different look, as well as try to use a lil more size vs him.  Kobe can't play him 48 minutes a night like he does Rondo because Rose would drain all of Kobe's energy and Kobe wouldn't be able to roam and help out. 

Ron could certainly contain Deng, even if Deng has a nice game here or there. 

The Bulls bench would be their best shot with Asik and Gibson being able to match what Lamar gives us. 

It would be a nice match up either way.  But it would be very difficult for the Bulls to pull it off simply because of Pau vs Booz and whoever the Bulls us at SG.  Bogans Kobe can take low and do what he wants, Korver makes Kobe's eyes light up when he comes into the game, so that means a ton of Brewer.  Where Brewer used to play?  Oh, Utah.  Same as Korver. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bulls fans simply need to look at the last 3 years of Jazz/Lakers playoff games, that's basically what it would look like.  Now Thibs might give you a better chance with his defensive schemes, no doubt about that, but you also have to take into consideration this would be the Bulls first finals for all of their players except Kurt Thomas, as well as they would have to go thru both Miami and Boston already, there's a certain energy left in the tank to worry about by that point.  Now if the Bulls have HC, maybe I improve their odds a tick, whereas if LA gets it, and game 1 and 2 of the NBA finals for the Bulls players is on the road, vs a completely vet team in LA..........that would be tough. 

Now, can we please get to the first round first before we do all this finals matchup stuff?  Thank you. 
BINGO!!!
pimp.gif

But today it is the Timberwolves!  
Go LAKERS!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Wings90

pimp.gif
 There's a game tonight. Feels like it's been forever.
Too long, but in a way, couldn't have come at a better time with Kobe's ankle injury. 

Let some people tell it, we're better without him.
91675221.png

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Who the F cares, get there first (both teams) and then you can have this argument.
QFT.

although i do like the bulls, as much as they broke my heart in '91. i still had respect for them during the 90s cause that was probably the last breed of how real basketball should be played. i also have fam in the north side and he supports the lakers so, we support each other's teams. plus, i'd love to see a rematch and get our revenge.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

For the record I was trolling when I said 4-0.....
The Bulls safely have a better squad than Philly had.
Boozer wont have as much pressure to perform with Noah on the floor.
aztec06jr  Read my last sentence in my inital statement.
Deng shuts himself down in the playoffs.
Noah is too Small for Pau. That is a huge mismatch against the bulls. If KG can't stop Pau in the finals what makes you think Noah will?
Boozer is softer than Gasol and Bynum. Dude went MIA every time we played Utah.

Noah out hustled and shut Gasol down in LA earler this season
Do Laker fans not remember 08? When KG shut Gasol down...
Tibs has made Kobe look like an average clucker in both finals series.....
Kobe will no doubt switch onto Rose, but if they have to play a whole series with that matchup. I see Kobe being worn down.
Artest and Deng are a wash.

If you honestly believe that your a fool. Now Artest and Barnes are a wash with Deng....
If I had to take my homer hat for what Chicago is doing this season off I would say that this is a 6 game series in favor of the Lakers  waiting to happen.
4-0 is something that should never be mentioned as a finals prediction against a team that will win 55+ games.
Im a fan of most of the Lakers players and their organization, however baseless predictions like 4-0 is why I dont rock with most Lakers fans.

son I said 4-2 if Rose goes off...dude is that dangerous...the rest of the team not so much

AG 47:
FrenchBlue23:
Wings90:
pimp.gif
 There's a game tonight. Feels like it's been forever.

Too long, but in a way, couldn't have come at a better time with Kobe's ankle injury.

91675221.png

'Some people' who? I can't remember he last time I heard someone... ANYONE... say the Lakers would be better off without him. I've heard people complain about him; hell, I'm one of 'em.

But 'better off without him'? Nah, that's just an inaccurate interpretation of what people have actually said.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

AG 47:
FrenchBlue23:
91675221.png

'Some people' who? I can't remember he last time I heard someone... ANYONE... say the Lakers would be better off without him. I've heard people complain about him; hell, I'm one of 'em.

But 'better off without him'? Nah, that's just an inaccurate interpretation of what people have actually said.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom