[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I don't know about that being an F2 on Bynum.

But... I'm a Lakers fan, so... *Kanye shrug*

And I'm with L2B: a win is a win... but damn.
laugh.gif

I think we did it more by frustrating them on their end, 'allowing' them (if you will) to shoot their own young selves in the foot. Down the stretch, they had zero flow offensively; didn't even seem like they were running plays.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

grin.gif
 Ugly asss win... but its a win 
pimp.gif
... but man that #%*! was ugly 
indifferent.gif
...oh well, it was a W
smokin.gif
... ugh but a really pathetic looking W
tired.gif
...ahh whatever all that counts is the victory...but man what a shytee styled victory, looked like dog doodoo...but i guess we won so i should be happy?... i don't feel happy...hmm...
I honestly don't even know...
ohwell.gif

I think you should be happy, at the end of the day we got the W, and that's all that matters.

Yeah we could have done this, or we should have done that... blah blah blah... but it seemed as if the Lakers had the whole year off before their next game, they never do well on that occasion.

Kobe played like crap! But the bench stepped up! Not to mention, Dallas lost, Chicago lost, and Boston lost... Y'ALL SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR THIS WIN! WE ARE NOT PERFECT! We hope and wish we were, but in reality, we just aren't! *kanye shrug*

old man kobe 
eyes.gif

bynum deserved to get tossed...dude went full force with his elbow...just because he couldnt jump 2 inches off the floor on the offensive end
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Kobe is coasting it until the playoff where he will put in work

That's for sure. He looked exactly like he did this pre-season. And like he did last season when he had his ankle, finger, knee injuries and had to sit out...Played like *#+%.
laugh.gif

It's all good though, we all know what happens come playoff time and it's right around the corner. I wish he would sit out though, let that ankle get better we can't afford to have him be hobbled with nagging injuries. Any rest will do, this should of been a game he took off.

Give Shannon and Blake some more minutes as well and let them get more rythm going into the playoffs because we're going to need EVERYONE to play their best if we want a chance to 3-Peat.

I mean i understand it's an ugly win and all...but y'all really expect us to blow everyone out every game?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Sometimes, we just need to be happy we got the W. On this day, Chicago lost, Boston lost, Dallas lost and we won. As ugly as it is this is one of those days where we should be happy the Lakers won.

laugh.gif
come on ska, drew made absolutely no play on the ball.........that looked as blatant as it gets, but he's our enforcer so I didn't mind seeing that from him
pimp.gif

Felt bad for Beasley when Bynum knocked him down. Right when Beasley got up Lamar and Barnes were straight mugging the guy like he was the one that did damage to Bynum
laugh.gif

Like what thechosen said, Ska you must be watching a different camera view. Bynum didn't even attempt to go for the ball at all. The way he landed was just bad.

^ I mean, I just saw 2 replays, both from the same camera angle (down on the floor), and it looked like Drew jumped up to... defend. :/ When a center stands on the ground and throws his hands up clear to the sky is he maing a play on the ball? Nope, he's just playing defense. Mot times, if the guy misses the layup because of defense like that, the defender's hands actually never come anywhere close to the ball. Right?

That's how I looked at Bynum's foul, except in the air. The way Beasley landed means he doesn't have the body control to jump from as far out as he did; he didn't know what he was doing jumping out from that damn far and trying whatever the hell he was trying.

Phil Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers

The persistent word out of Lakerland is that Phil Jackson, at 65, is serious when he says that this will be his last season coaching Kobe Bryant. Far trickier is figuring out who sits at the front of the line to replace him.

Veteran assistant Brian Shaw is the only member of Jackson's staff in the mix, but Shaw, according to one team insider, might have "a better shot than anybody else" purely because of proximity. Rumbles also persist that Lakers alumnus Byron Scott has an out in his contract with Cleveland should the opportunity to come home and coach L.A. arise, but Scott and the Cavs have steadfastly denied it.

Portland's McMillan was increasingly mentioned as a top contender to succeed Jackson, which is believed to be one of the factors that prompted the Blazers to press McMillan to sign the two-year extension last week. I heard again this week that the Lakers remain intrigued by the prospect of hiring Jeff Van Gundy -- and you have to presume that the reigning champs are in the select club of teams with the wherewithal to finally lure Van Gundy away from ESPN's courtside announcing table -- but I've had the same question every year when someone says he's a candidate in L.A.: Can Van Gundy really deliver the sort of entertainment that Lakers owner Jerry Buss craves?

Link

Whoa whoa whoa... "The persistent word out of Lakerland is that Phil Jackson, at 65, is serious when he says that this will be his last season coaching Kobe Bryant." Coaching Kobe Bryant? I'm probably reading too much into this.

Does that mean he's planning to coach another team besides the Lakers? I always got that gut feeling Riley might be up to no good and recruit Jackson to the Heat which will be a shame. If Jackson retires I he retires for good.

i will be surprised if bynum doesnt get a game... looked like a tired foul... you can tell he was huffing and puffing for air... coaching staff has to recognize that smh...

Originally Posted by Mercutio

Whoa whoa whoa... "The persistent word out of Lakerland is that Phil Jackson, at 65, is serious when he says that this will be his last season coaching Kobe Bryant." Coaching Kobe Bryant? I'm probably reading too much into this.

I think you are reading to much into it. Though I don't blame you, the author seems to try to start a fire with a stick.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Felt bad for Beasley when Bynum knocked him down. Right when Beasley got up Lamar and Barnes were straight mugging the guy like he was the one that did damage to Bynum
laugh.gif

Like what thechosen said, Ska you must be watching a different camera view. Bynum didn't even attempt to go for the ball at all. The way he landed was just bad.
Wish it was KG instead
laugh.gif

You know Odom and Barnes love talking !%+% to KG

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

laugh.gif

Wish it was KG instead
laugh.gif

yeah i felt bad for beas too. he's one of my favorite players.

i do want bynum to foul KG in the same manner if we end up facing off in the playoffs. it would be... delightful
pimp.gif

lol at odom and barnes looking at beasley like "what? what you gonna do #**$%" after bynum fouled him
laugh.gif
that was so wrong

laugh.gif

Wish it was KG instead
laugh.gif

this. i dont wish any harm towards any player but a talker like kg deserves to get chin checked or something. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lol at odom and barnes looking at beasley like "what? what you gonna do #**$%" after bynum fouled him
laugh.gif
that was so wrong

I know right!
laugh.gif

Artest, Barnes, and Odom... $$++#*! Goon squad out there! Y'all catch Barnes on Basketball wives last season? Straight up turned ol' girl into hush mode!
pimp.gif

Jeff Van Gundy would definitely fill Phil's shoes as far as quotables go. His teams always play great defense, but I wasn't a fan of their playing style on offense when he was with the Rockets. I don't really know who else I'd rather have though.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif

Wish it was KG instead
laugh.gif

this. i dont wish any harm towards any player but a talker like kg deserves to get chin checked or something. 
Chuck Hayes got into the head of KG last night
laugh.gif
Everytime I think of Hayes is the game when he was tipping over to shoot his free throws.
But Co-sign on the KG needing to get checked. I remember Odom to Kg "I can grab your asss if I want to, what you going to do about it?"
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom