[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

what CP said
laugh.gif

we can always count on him to calm everyone here in Lakerland
pimp.gif
. i usually downplay regular season games too and dont stress too much on them but i think the only reg. games i really go crazy about are the 2 against boston. i just wanna beat them every single chance we have. other than that, i worry when we are down 3-2 in a series.

I'm on that same Zen medicine that CP is on. 
I don't get how people like to panic in November/December/January for?  

And the funnier part is, Lakers own one of the top 5 seeds in the League as of right now, yes the entire the league.  

+1 for the non-panic side.
If we are playing like this come playoff time, then I'll have concerns.

Thas what I don't get.  Seemed like everyone was more confident and happier when were the Smush Parker Lakers. 
sick.gif

Man, Magic and co laid down in games back in the day.  They wasn't winnin 65 + every year either. 

In the 80's we did 60,54, 57, 58, 54, 62, 62, 65, 62, 57, 63, and 58 in our elite level years. 

2000's  we gone 67, 56, 58, 50, 56, 57, 65, 57 and on pace for 55 or so this year. 

(The underlines are the years we won titles.)

There are plenty of seasons with 50 wins and a title, or 60 wins and NO TITLE.  Ya'll remember sweepin the first round, second round, THIRD round, and then GETTING SWEPT in the finals? 
nerd.gif
  Why?  Sudddenly every hamstring/groin we had started snappin.  It was the sheer amount of games they had racked up back then.  We was fallin left and right in that finals. 
You gotta pace yourself.  It ain't like we hangin on to the damn 8th spot ya'll.  Take the L, lick your wounds, come out fighting the next game.  If we lose that one, take that L, lick them wounds, and come out the next game.  It's that simple. 

You guys think the Celtics are sweating because they lost to the Cavs earlier this year?   
nerd.gif

I can only imagine if Pau and the others have a poor game tomorrow and we lose to the Rockets.  We might be seein suicides right here in this thread. 
roll.gif

Lakers' struggles have Kupchak ready to make moves

Posted Jan 31 2011 7:08PM

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Lakers officially entered crisis mode Monday, when general manager Mitch Kupchak told NBA.com that the recent poor play by the two-time defending champions may drive him to make a trade to shake up an underachieving roster.

"Regarding a trade, I may have to," Kupchak said at the team's practice facility a day after the convincing loss to their heated rivals, the Celtics. "I'm not saying that I've made calls today or I'll make them tomorrow. But I just don't think that we're playing as well as our talent level should allow us."

Even speaking in his usual measured tones, Kupchak's disappointment and frustration were obvious. More importantly, while saying he had not talked to owner Jerry Buss since being controlled by the Celtics in the fourth quarter at Staples Center, Kupchak said, "I'd be surprised if he feels any different."

The Lakers are 33-15, good for second place in the Western Conference, 7 1/2 games behind the Spurs and a game ahead of the Mavericks heading into Dallas' meeting with the Wizards on Monday night. But Los Angeles mostly built that with a good start against a soft schedule. Even the recent showing of 10 wins in 12 games did little to erase internal concerns, especially since that has been followed by home losses to the Kings and Celtics.

Most glaring of all, the Lakers have struggled to play with consistency against the best teams in the league, the clubs that will become the obstacles between a third consecutive title and a disappointing end to what Phil Jackson says is his final season as coach. Since Christmas alone, they have lost to the Heat by 16, the Spurs by 15, the Mavericks by nine and, now, the Celtics by 13, while beating the Thunder by seven.

"I try to be as objective as possible, but I'm concerned that our performance is not living up to our talent level," Kupchak said. "Our record is certainly OK. But we've lost a bunch of home games. We've lost a couple of big games at home. And to me, those are red flags.

"I'm not convinced it's lack of talent. I think it's there. Our team is very similar -- certainly our starting five is exact -- as the team last year. Yes, we're a year older. But it's not like our guys are 34, 35 or 36. They're all between 29 and 31 or 32. I think we've added a couple players that may make our roster even stronger, with Steve Blake and Matt Barnes. ... You don't age off the charts in one year when you're 30 or 31."

So, the Lakers may consider trades.

"I wasn't," Kupchak said. "But it looks as if we may have to. ... It's something I may do in the future. I just don't think that our talent level is playing as well as they can play. We have an incredibly high payroll and we do that because we have players that normally produce at a high level. And I'm not sure I see that now."

Also Monday, Jackson added to the growing unease by admitting, in response to a question of whether he is alarmed, that "Yes, I am." Asked what alarms him the most, Jackson said, "Inconsistency, I think, offensively is the thing that bothers me the most. We have defensive mistakes. We've plotted them out. We talked to them about it today and what we made mistakes doing. But really, our inconsistency playing offense is really something we have to work on."

The Lakers play the Rockets on Tuesday at Staples Center before hosting the Spurs on Thursday in a game that suddenly has unusually high importance for February. They begin a seven-game trip from there, now with a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the roster.

Well damn, maybe there is something to the worry clan
laugh.gif

I've been saying this since the trade went down, but I don't understand why we traded Sasha. Joe Smith doesn't even play in blowouts so why would we get rid of sasha and $5million cap space for next season.

In regards to Kupchak, I don't think any trades would really make us better. Bryant, Gasol, Odom, Bynum, plus a few others are untouchable, so who would even trade for some of our other guys.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Pau is blaming the loss on ball movement again 
indifferent.gif

I guess the lack of ball movement prevents him from running back on defense?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

when was the last time pau tried to dunk or dunked?
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

He's an idiot. Everytime he gets the ball he looks to pass.

A 7 footer has no business posting up as far back as he does. Dude always complains about the ball movement when deep down inside he knows he doesn't want the ball under pressure.

lol @ Espn going in on Kobe..I must of missed it, he shot over 50% from the field on his 41 points so who cares what they think.

Not to mention even Mark Jackson and JVG were saying he needs to shoot MORE if his teammates aren't going to show up.

Anyone read NBA.com? Looks like Mitch is looking to shake up the roster.

EDIT

Woops, didn't see it posted.

Artest and Pau have been playing the worst basketball on the Lakers as far as their importance on this team...and since we all know they wont trade Pau...

Artest looks to be on the hot seat if things don't get better because he simply is not producing. Not to mention we have Barnes who is a better player this season.

Besides that I can't see anyone else Mitch would get rid of?

usually id be the first one to call out kobe for shooting too damn much but c'mon he was actually trying to facilitate. the other guys just looked off.

anyways im not believing a trade at all.

^^ yeah thats why they traded Sasha cause Shannon Brown's stroke was on point in the beginning of the season. its just a matter of time before he finds that rhythm again.
as much as i like Shannon's high-flying dunks i wouldnt mind trading him/Luke/and a draft pick for maybe OJ Mayo? or someone with similar game?

Spoiler [+]
DO IT MITCH!!!!

I've been telling fellow Lakers fans for a month now....WE NEED TO GET RID OF ARTEST! I know he helped us in the Finals last year but we should move him while he still has a lil value left. Dude just looks lost out there most of the game...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

^^ yeah thats why they traded Sasha cause Shannon Brown's stroke was on point in the beginning of the season. its just a matter of time before he finds that rhythm again.
as much as i like Shannon's high-flying dunks i wouldnt mind trading him/Luke/and a draft pick for maybe OJ Mayo? or someone with similar game?

Spoiler [+]
DO IT MITCH!!!!
Shannon is fine spotting up, but when he's tries to create off the dribble.
sick.gif
I thought he learned from last season not to force that.

Part of me wants Ron gone, but his defense is still effective (minus yesterday
mad.gif
).

ron/shannon/luke and fish and a draft pick for melo...and chauncey, leeeeeeegoooooo.

I'm glad mitch and phil think something needs to be done, as I do.  That's alpha mentality. things aint goin right....shake %!$$ up.  Good thing CP aint in charge, son would just let the team implode on itself because 'they always play like %!$$ during the season, they'll be fine'....oh but wait...after december first of the last 2 years, the Lakers haven't held any placement in the west lower than #1...hmmm.  You guys are so naive. Comparing this season to past seasons is silly and a waste of time as they're not cumulative. Just because we can just turn 'it' on, does not mean we will.  Hell, just because we could, does not mean we still can.  Being a faithful fan, and being realistic seems to be a lost concept.  Last week I was heated about the Logo's comments regarding the team...I'm starting to see what he saw.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Lakers' struggles have Kupchak ready to make moves

Posted Jan 31 2011 7:08PM

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Lakers officially entered crisis mode Monday, when general manager Mitch Kupchak told NBA.com that the recent poor play by the two-time defending champions may drive him to make a trade to shake up an underachieving roster.

"Regarding a trade, I may have to," Kupchak said at the team's practice facility a day after the convincing loss to their heated rivals, the Celtics. "I'm not saying that I've made calls today or I'll make them tomorrow. But I just don't think that we're playing as well as our talent level should allow us."

Even speaking in his usual measured tones, Kupchak's disappointment and frustration were obvious. More importantly, while saying he had not talked to owner Jerry Buss since being controlled by the Celtics in the fourth quarter at Staples Center, Kupchak said, "I'd be surprised if he feels any different."

The Lakers are 33-15, good for second place in the Western Conference, 7 1/2 games behind the Spurs and a game ahead of the Mavericks heading into Dallas' meeting with the Wizards on Monday night. But Los Angeles mostly built that with a good start against a soft schedule. Even the recent showing of 10 wins in 12 games did little to erase internal concerns, especially since that has been followed by home losses to the Kings and Celtics.

Most glaring of all, the Lakers have struggled to play with consistency against the best teams in the league, the clubs that will become the obstacles between a third consecutive title and a disappointing end to what Phil Jackson says is his final season as coach. Since Christmas alone, they have lost to the Heat by 16, the Spurs by 15, the Mavericks by nine and, now, the Celtics by 13, while beating the Thunder by seven.

"I try to be as objective as possible, but I'm concerned that our performance is not living up to our talent level," Kupchak said. "Our record is certainly OK. But we've lost a bunch of home games. We've lost a couple of big games at home. And to me, those are red flags.

"I'm not convinced it's lack of talent. I think it's there. Our team is very similar -- certainly our starting five is exact -- as the team last year. Yes, we're a year older. But it's not like our guys are 34, 35 or 36. They're all between 29 and 31 or 32. I think we've added a couple players that may make our roster even stronger, with Steve Blake and Matt Barnes. ... You don't age off the charts in one year when you're 30 or 31."

So, the Lakers may consider trades.

"I wasn't," Kupchak said. "But it looks as if we may have to. ... It's something I may do in the future. I just don't think that our talent level is playing as well as they can play. We have an incredibly high payroll and we do that because we have players that normally produce at a high level. And I'm not sure I see that now."

Also Monday, Jackson added to the growing unease by admitting, in response to a question of whether he is alarmed, that "Yes, I am." Asked what alarms him the most, Jackson said, "Inconsistency, I think, offensively is the thing that bothers me the most. We have defensive mistakes. We've plotted them out. We talked to them about it today and what we made mistakes doing. But really, our inconsistency playing offense is really something we have to work on."

The Lakers play the Rockets on Tuesday at Staples Center before hosting the Spurs on Thursday in a game that suddenly has unusually high importance for February. They begin a seven-game trip from there, now with a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the roster.

Well damn, maybe there is something to the worry clan
laugh.gif
was about to post this... lol at some of you choosing to ignore the obvious signs and trying to remain laughably optimistic
laugh.gif
this is the same exact reason why the lakers cant win against elite teams and lose to weak teams hahaha... SMH at the over confidence in here..

may I remind you that we barely freken won Game 7 last year.

the GM thinks there is major problem to the point were he is threatening to make a trade... and I can already see you some of you say that he is stupid for panicking... what, you smarter that than the GM now?
laugh.gif

eh but whatever, i hope this scares gasol and the rest to step it up

If Mitch someone pulls of a crazy trade, I will be presently surprised. Only names that I can think of being traded from the Lakers are Ron and Shannon. No way Lakers are going to trade away Fish and Luke. I can see Luke behind the Lakers bench when all is said and done with a suit and a clipboard
laugh.gif
It seems like Fish is the spokesman for the Lakers to try and hype the team up, but comes with no prevail. It will be really interesting to see what moves Mitch does when deadline comes close. 

They'll trade Puke with no hesitation if they could get another decent player in return.

Of course, he has absolutely no trade value by himself.

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

I've been telling fellow Lakers fans for a month now....WE NEED TO GET RID OF ARTEST! I know he helped us in the Finals last year but we should move him while he still has a lil value left. Dude just looks lost out there most of the game...
30t6p3b.gif

Get rid of the best perimeter defender in the league? We got him JUST for the Celtics.

He more than proved his worth in the postseason last year. You forgot already how he terrorized Durant?

I believe Mitch is just talking to help spark the team. And no, we're not trading Luke...who would take him? with that contract? It's not happening.

We just need to play well and I'm confident we will when it matters most.

exactly we would have never survived the 1st round last year if it wasnt for Ron

Kevin Durant
[table][tr][td]
stats_header_rt.gif
[/td] [td]
Career Playoff Averages
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td] [td]OKC[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]38.5[/td] [td]0.350[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.871[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.67[/td] [td]2.83[/td] [td]25.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]38.5[/td] [td]0.350[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.871[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.67[/td] [td]2.83[/td] [td]25.0[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Kookcle

exactly we would have never survived the 1st round last year if it wasnt for Ron

Kevin Durant
[table][tr][td]
stats_header_rt.gif
[/td] [td]
Career Playoff Averages
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td] [td]OKC[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]38.5[/td] [td]0.350[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.871[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.67[/td] [td]2.83[/td] [td]25.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]38.5[/td] [td]0.350[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.871[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.67[/td] [td]2.83[/td] [td]25.0[/td][/tr][/table]
I see where your coming from of how Artest held it down against some of the opposing teams big players last season, but this season Ron has been playing
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom