[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by jbone2308

This is why this is Phils last year. Guys are not responding to the triangle and his methods. He knows it's time but Mitch should be making moves to get rid of Pau, Artest, and Blake.

It's not working.

Way too early to be talking about this, we could still win the title this year. Not like the Lakers have never played like this...We went into the playoffs playing horrible the last two years and still won.

But yes, if we lose this year...The rumors about Dwight wanting to come to the Lakers...One of our bigs will be gone. BIG IF though and like I said, way too early to be talking about that.

We're still in a good spot as far as wins/losses. Still alot of basketball to be played.

Lakers keep messing up with Ray Allen. I don't know if that is the game plan or not but they kept going under screens the whole game.

Blake was trying to body up instead of sagging. Dude is just basura.

I did not want to say this again but Luke Walton single handedly destroyed the Lakers momentum in the 3rd.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

thought Derek Fisher gave the team a win now speech before the Kings game?? 
hope Gasol doesn't make the as-team. odom too. wish our bench had someone like dejuan blair.

This is why this is Phils last year. Guys are not responding to the triangle and his methods. He knows it's time but Mitch should be making moves to get rid of Pau, Artest, and Blake.

It's not working.
roll.gif
roll.gif
get out of here with that..time to get rid of pau?
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's not working.

Whoa..whoa..whoa.. i know youre frustrated but calm down
laugh.gif

Derek Fisher and speeches? Tough when he's the one getting burned by every PG in the league giving them career highs. I love D-Fish but his speeches mean more during the Playoffs, finals...

There's only two people who really need a speech and that's Pau and Ron Artest. You guys see Ron's post game? Dude said he needs to do nothing to play better against PP.

Sorry Ron, you're trash this season, one of the worst starters in the NBA. You should care.

We got 10 days before we can redeem ourselves and play boston on their home court.

Wonder if KB will pull a Michael Jordan and start throwing basketballs and Pau Gasol for being soft.

If Pau was playing like last season or even like earlier this season then he should be unmovable. But if he's back to being soft and isn't playing to his ability then maybe time to shop him. Something has to be up with him...if it isn't injuries then maybe some off the court issues. He's not only dragging on the court but being late for games and missing a practice unexcused.
At his best he's great but he hasn't been that in awhile.

Pau is way to weak. he gets pushed out by skinny KG so he can't get deep position and posts up 15 feet from the basket.

Perk is really strong against Bynum, he takes out Bynums lower body and makes him shoot off balance and doesn't let him get deep position.

The Boston bigs are really good against us. I'm worried that Pau is too tired this year and it's making him extra soft, even softer than usual.

disregard jbone. that kid turned in his fan card against the rocket playoff series in '09. 
boston just wanted it more than we do and they look liked the determined champs. we are just standing around and letting kobe do too much. i'll admit i usually downplay regular season games except when its against boston our rival but damn on to the next. 

Celtics deserved this game from the way the Lakers played. The Celtics wanted it more and the Lakers looked like they didn't want none of that at all. Kobe played well and Pau....well Pau is off somewhere in Spain it seems like from the way he has been playing lately. It's disappointing to see Pau play at this level when we know he can do a lot better. Hopefully after they show up against Spurs and the whole team will show up ready to play for real after the All-Star break.

This whole season, even with our lackluster play there has never been a game where that made me a little worried... until this game. I don't know wanna hype the significance of this game, but I felt like we were overwhelmed the whole game. Whatever they wanted in that second half they got, and we could barely find the basket that last quarter. Besides Kobe and Odom, the team played like HOT GARBAGE.

jbone giving his suggestion on who to get rid of?   
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Get the F outta here.  Your fan card has never been reinstated here in NT Laker land. 

You think we forgot that long as thread were you are %%$+@'n about turning in your Laker fan card? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pau has really been on my nerves this season. I've been really frustrated with his play.

We've been losing to all these top teams and it's disappointing.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

^ No home court advantage or no number 1 seed? Yeah, be worried.

I know right, cuz Phil Jackson led teams have never won a championship without homecourt. Lol.

I'm just trying to figure out why espn is throwing kobe under the bus for scoring 41 on 29 shots? For crying out loud Mike avg 28 shots a game in a season. The problem isn't kobe, the problem isn't the inability to guard the PG, the problem is our bigs (PAU) getting thrashed on the inside. Lamar and Pau traded bodies or something this summer b/c Lamar has been the consistent one while Pau has been in La-La land ALL SEASON. Pau had a solid 2 or 3 weeks early in the season and then injuries came and idk if he's tired physically or what but he's been horrible and no where near an All Star particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Bynum is still working his way into game shape but if i was Phil i'd seriously look into sitting Pau more and giving more burn to Joe Smith, Character, and Bynum at the center spots. And that Ebanks kid thats at the end of the bench how about giving him some burn too sheesh. We're super old on the perimeter why continue subbing Walton in at the SF? Let ebanks run and gun w/ shannon and kobe the kid has pretty much the same game as Ariza and he worked out fine

we better win the next game against the celtics.
we don't want them to have the mentality that they can beat us easily in case we do meet in the finals.

Back
Top Bottom