OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

im still optimistic pau is gonna be back as soon as next week...but again arent we supposed to have the best doctors in the world?...i mean we keepmisdiagnosing guys

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Thanks, Lakers! It's too bad you couldn't use a great defensive PG who is deadly from 3pt range to replace the ancient Derek Fisher.

articleInline.jpg
shannon-brown-300x294.jpg

avy check, get outta here.
pimp.gif
yup

Brown > dude wearing a Lebron Knicks jersey

btw , thank god the Pau situation wasnt true

Man do any of you dudes read the Laker's blog on the L.A. Times?
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

[h1]http://lakersblog.latimes.com/laker...erious-about-pau-gasols-christmas-return.html[/h1]
[h1]Phil Jackson was joking about Pau Gasol's Christmas return[/h1]
November 11, 2009 | 9:33 pm

As ESPN analyst Mark Jackson just noted during the Suns-Hornets game broadcast. He spoke with Lakers Media Relations Director John Black, who clarified (as BK suspected- click there to read/see everything Pau said to the media Wednesday) that Phil Jackson was screwing with folks. Making a funny. Driving home in a humorous way what BK and I have both said on a zillion separate occasions: Nobody knows for sure when Pau Gasol's coming back, because hamstring injuries are extremely difficult to heal, rehab and predict. Could be a while. Could be next week. It's really that simple, whether folks will accept that unfortunate truth or not.

And driving home in a humorous way that the media will often repeat wholesale anything he says.

PJ wasn't joking when he said Gasol won't be playing tomorrow. But for those on the ledge over the X-Mas diagnosis, a) back away and b) you actually brought a laptop out on the ledge? That's dedication.
AK

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

im still optimistic pau is gonna be back as soon as next week...but again arent we supposed to have the best doctors in the world?...i mean we keep misdiagnosing guys

Honest question, why do you feel the need to blame the training staff/team doctors when one of our players gets hurt?

Injurys are gonna happen in sports, and IMO no one training staff is better than the other

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

im still optimistic pau is gonna be back as soon as next week...but again arent we supposed to have the best doctors in the world?...i mean we keep misdiagnosing guys

Honest question, why do you feel the need to blame the training staff/team doctors when one of our players gets hurt?

Injurys are gonna happen in sports, and IMO no one training staff is better than the other
in 2004 malone was supposed to be gone for a couple of games but he missed most of the second half of the season...bynum same thing in 2008 andnow pau was cleared to practice but he was still hurting

Bro I understand where you're coming from, BUT you gotta realize some peoples body just heal differently, if I'm not mistaken didn't jordan farmarcome back earlier than expected last year

[h1]Phoenix's big-top antics come to a stop against Lakers[/h1]
50470223.jpeg

260175-19091427.jpg

The NBA's traveling carnival came to town Thursday, tilt-a-whirl breaks and cotton candy shots everywhere.

It rolled in here after owning Boston, owning Miami, owning Philadelphia, turning the early season into its own Disneyland.

"This is a fun team," chortled the Phoenix Suns Leandro Barbosa early Thursday evening at Staples Center. "We play fun basketball."

Then the diamond-studded locals wandered in, wise to the midway and wary of the rides and unimpressed with the barking.

Three hours later, the fun ended.

Three hours later, the NBA's traveling carnival had been reduced to a collection of creaky metal and cracked mirrors in a church parking lot.

Lakers 121, Suns 102, and let's not get suckered into that sideshow again, OK?

Even though the Suns started the season 6-1, they cannot win a championship with this system.

Even if the Lakers were weakened without Pau Gasol, they are still strong enough to slow and eventually smother the team that thrill-seeking fans hoped would be their biggest Western rival.

That's not happening, all right? The Lakers' biggest Western rivals play in Denver, which is where the Lakers travel for a showdown tonight. They will do so fairly well rested after romping over a Suns team that was never close.

"This game was great for us, it gets us ready to go into Denver focused and ready to attack," said the Lakers' Andrew Bynum.

Super for the 7-1 Lakers, sobering for the Suns, whose illusions took a beating as bad as their reputation.

Before the game, Barbosa said, "This is like a playoff game for us, all the guys are focused on it."

Within minutes, everything was fuzzy.

That wild and crazy Suns shooting? They missed nine of their first 11 attempts. A team that had previously made a league-best half of its shots wound up shooting just 37%.

Funny how those rainbows aren't so pretty with a hand in your face or Ron Artest in your gut.

The Lakers defense was so impressive, even against the league's highest scoring team, it nearly earned the fans free tacos, failing to keep a team that was averaging 112 points game under the century mark only in the final seconds.

"Around here we have learned, no matter what the Suns are doing, you have to constantly stay on them, and eventually things can turn," said the Lakers' Derek Fisher.

That so-called improved Suns' defense? The Lakers shot 61% in the first quarter, and wound up at 58%, seemingly everything rolling in.

Interesting how, while having no visible center makes you faster on offense, it can turn you into jelly on defense.

"When you play the Suns, you have to slow down your offense and look at the bigger picture," said Fisher.

On Thursday, that picture is a giant, and his name is, yeah, Andrew Bynum.

The only success the Suns had against the Lakers in recent years occurred when the Lakers' big man had the name of, like, Kwame Brown.

They cannot consistently beat a team with an established big man, and after his sixth game this season, Bynum is looking pretty established.

He set the tone here with eight points and five rebounds in the first quarter alone, and by the end of the game, the Lakers had outscored the Suns, 78-48, in the paint, and Bynum was a huge reason.

Despite missing the last two games with a sore elbow, he finished with 26 points, 15 rebounds, and seemingly nothing contested.

"It felt good, I got some time off and my legs got a lot of rest," Bynum said afterward.

He said his elbow was still hurting, and noted that he would be getting treatment on the flight to Denver, but said he would be ready Friday.

"It will get better with time," he said of the elbow. "I'll be ready."

If Bynum stays healthy -- and that's an "if" the size of his shoes -- the Suns won't be the only contender that can't stay with the Lakers.

On Thursday, he scored on muscling layups, on alley-oop layups, on fall-away layups, even on the occasional jumper.

He scored after grabbing his own offensive rebound, he scored after cutting through the middle for a perfect pass, he scored seemingly every way except with the fans.

When he began to walk off the court late in the second quarter, the Staples Center crowd roared, but it was not for him, it was for his replacement, favorite DJ Mbenga.

When Bynum's departure was announced, there was barely a murmur, the fans obviously still skeptical, and who can blame them?

We've seen this before. Bynum has started seasons like the best young center in the NBA before, only to end them either in bandages or disappointment.

He's a championship-assuring difference right now. But let's wait and see if it stays that way.

For now, it's enough that he can shut down the Suns, no matter how many times they score 250 points against some other rubes.

Once again, the carnival stops here.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...13,0,3912719,full.column

[h1]Phil Jackson is feeling much better[/h1]The smaller things in life ate away at Phil Jackson the last few years.

He felt the toll of 12 seasons as an NBA power forward whenever he stood for too long. Or shifted in his seat at a movie theater. Or simply walked from the locker room to the team bus.

The Lakers' coach had chronic pain in his back, hips and knees, sometimes skipping games to rest his body.

But Jackson, 64, is feeling better than he has in years.

He is wearing an "unloader" brace on his left knee and seeing the benefits of years of physical therapy.

"I feel really good," he said Thursday. "I have a device that really takes away a lot of the discomfort that I've had. That's a real big relief for me as far as just having to deal with some issues when I stand or walk. I'm much better that way.

"As far as the edema that I was kind of suffering from flying, obviously, we haven't been out on the road very much, but that's well-controlled."

It brings up a natural question. Because he's feeling better, is he back next season?

Jackson is in the last year of a contract that pays him $12 million this season, and Byron Scott, who has expressed a desire in the past to coach the Lakers, was fired Wednesday as coach of the New Orleans Hornets.

The Lakers want Jackson back next season, for obvious reasons, and negotiations would be hassle-free, possibly starting as soon as Jackson picks up the phone and calls Lakers owner Jerry Buss.

Jackson typically goes through a health checklist after every season before determining whether to return.

For once, though, health wasn't the main concern for Jackson when asked about coming back next season. Rather, it might come down to the Lakers' playoff success . . . or lack thereof.

"It's all about the season, playing together and how we're going to do," Jackson said. "I think that's the only way you can address it right now."

Jackson has had both hips replaced and underwent an angioplasty in 2003 to clear a blocked artery in his heart.

The knee brace he is wearing is custom-made, meant to "unload" pressure on the knee by applying more weight on the thigh bone and shifting it away from the knee itself.

Players and team personnel have noticed Jackson's changed disposition this season.

"When you have a bad back, it's easy to be grumpy," forward Lamar Odom said. "I'm not saying that P.J. was grumpy, but most likely, he's feeling good now."

Scott scuttled

Scott, 48, was replaced Thursday by New Orleans General Manager Jeff Bower after the Hornets started out 3-6. Scott was in the last year of his contract.

"I think we're all surprised," Jackson said. "It's pretty early in the season. I know that firing's very hard on owners, but usually the players fire the coach before the owner has to fire him. The players stop responding to the coach. This is a league in which attendance is a key that drives what we're going to do. Teams have to be able to compete on the floor."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...009nov13,0,5578575.story

Bynum looks like he wants to play in a certain mid season game.......

And quietly, very quietly, Sasha's shot has been fallin. Be nice if that keeps up.

And I am waiting before I bring up the fact that Kobe might be the best post player in the league, and I'm only half kidding.
laugh.gif
He is murder on that block. JRich wanted to cry last night. And I mean damn,I said earlier in the year, but it showed BIG last night. The Lakers can send EVERYBODY down on the block if they want, Bynum, Gasol, Artest, Kobe, Lamar, andlast night I saw FISHER on the block vs Nash.
roll.gif
The damn Suns can'teven get their starting C or PF to go in the paint and post up, the Lakers send their starting 5 plus the 6th man down there.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Suck it Suns.

aside from his tenacious defense, artest's assists are very much appreciated - very unselfish.

Hardy, har, har, P-Jax.
indifferent.gif

I'm in tears over here.

You funny guy, you.

Double up...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Had me freaking out about losing HCA because 'Pau and Bynum' won't happen again this year.
laugh.gif

That was a weird game versus Denver. I knew Kobe was not himself when they had that shot clock violation because of him.

Maybe the players were tired because the bench + fisher are just TERRIBLE right now. Fisher with another 0-5 game
roll.gif

!!% was wrong with powell though? He looked like he did not want to be there. Farmar is still hot garbage.

I did not know it was possible for Luke to be even worse. It seems like he tries to take over the game every time he comes in, only to turn it over or do someother stupid $$$%.
What is his excuse for sucking now? Can't blame it on injuries.

I know it's just one game, and I know it's only the regular season but a loss like this is appalling. I'm aware that we're missing Pau but thestart of the 3rd quarter still has me baffled.

How everything unfolded in that period is beyond me, and I watched that %!%@ go down.

At times it looked like we were amateurs....but I know the Lakers always bounce back hard after L's like this...we've done it before and it will onlyfeel greater when we succeed.

P.S.

I know it's not good to look ahead but February 4th is the next time we play Denver. Hopefully we're fully healthy by that point and we annihilate them

^
All those players played just fine last night. So relax.

We had a bad night. A real bad night. When we're off, we're off. It happens. Denver had the crowd goin wild, wavin towels and what not.

This game should piss them off and make them come back on Sunday and get back on track.

Man we played horribly.

Props to Denver though....they dominated that entire 2nd half...actually, dominated is an understatement.

We need to bounce back big from this. Definitely an embarassing loss where we were just flat the whole game.
smh.gif

Reminds me of that game against Detroit in Staples early last year when Kwame Brown beasted on our frontcourt
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I know it's just one game, and I know it's only the regular season but a loss like this is appalling. I'm aware that we're missing Pau but the start of the 3rd quarter still has me baffled.

How everything unfolded in that period is beyond me, and I watched that %!%@ go down.

At times it looked like we were amateurs....but I know the Lakers always bounce back hard after L's like this...we've done it before and it will only feel greater when we succeed.

P.S.

I know it's not good to look ahead but February 4th is the next time we play Denver. Hopefully we're fully healthy by that point and we annihilate them
It is appalling but the Lakers did it even in the playoffs. Remember how we got blown out by the rockets and even denver during the playoffs?
laugh.gif

Sometimes they just don't show up. It is not that big of a deal though since the team is still trying to find its identity for this season.

So CP, you're still not going to give Denver credit, are you?
laugh.gif
Billups? No?

I'm telling you, they're legit.

If it's not a DEN/LAL WCF again, I'll be surprised... unless either team suffered some lengthy injury to someone named Bynum or Gasol or Bryant orBillups or Anthony.

Or Earl.
laugh.gif

I dunno, i'm just one of those people who know that we can't win every game but i'm still mad as hell whenever we lose.

I give credit to Denver though, I just didn't expect to lose like this. Hell I didn't expect to lose at all but I would have rather lost on a lastsecond play or something.

This is why we play the game though and I'd rather have the Lakers face adversity and criticism from the media than be pampered and put on a pedestal

Oh yeah, thanks Reggie Miller

Did Billups even play tonight?
laugh.gif

I can't be more serious. Billups is clutch until a solid team has time to prepare for him. He's livin on rep alone these days. That is why he ALWAYSgets to the conference finals, and then he's done. His "clutchness" works against bad teams that scrape into the playoffs.

I'm really not worried AT ALL about Denver unless one thing happens. Melo becoming something different. And you all know what I mean. "Diff errent." Not the same. MELO, not Melo. If that happens, yeah, then I might worry.

But come on. Dirty Bird out there makin 15 footers.
laugh.gif
How often youthink that's happening? Kobe goin scoreless? Denvver shooting a billion more free throws? Naw, I'm not worried yet. And if you watched Phil in thethird quarter, he doesn't appear to be nervous either. He's lettin his team get it's @#$ kicked and he'll teach them from there. In a playoffgame, he breaks that quarter up a little better, takes Artest out after his 4th, runs a set play, runs a pick and roll, whatever. It would have beendifferent.

This was one game. One horrible game. That's all. This same Denver team that I should fear just lost to Milwaukee a couple days ago. For the record,the Bucks don't scare me either.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom