OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

"Of course not," Bynum said with a shrug. "I never get my stats."
Don't make me @#$%^ slap you big guy.

I don't see how we win tonight in Houston. They gon be off their rockers with hate, and after playing heavy minutes in an OT game, we may not have muchleft in the tank for tonight. I hope I'm wrong. This is the kind of early season test we need to see. Emotion with Ariza and Artest, let's see ifArtest can take advantage of Ariza bein a little lighter then him down in the post.

what the hell vujacic and sharapova?!
laugh.gif
...well at least he has game offthe court
pimp.gif
...i hope maria hits him with a tennis racket to get his shotback

CP i feel the same way about tonights game...lets just hope we can keep it close...i see our boy ariza going off on us tonight
ohwell.gif
...hopefully ron ron can shut him down

pau get well soon...i hope were not rushing things

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ska, you like what you seen outta Bynum early? Clearly he only cares about scoring right now, but we keep working on him and sooner or later he'll pick up D and rebounding. May never be elite, but better at least.
Whenever you're ready, I'm ready.
nerd.gif

So far, I'm ok with Artest and where he's at. I still cringe at a shot here and there, or a move, or a foul, but hey I cringe at some Kobe shots,defensive lapses etc, so biggie.
Seems like he's gettin along good with everyone and learnin the spacing and what not. And he's doing a much better job defensively then he was thelast couple years. The other thing he's doing is pushing Kobe a little more defensively. We have all seen Kobe take some time off on defense, but heseems to be playing a little harder early in the season.
I wonder if Artest and Kobe will get even better defensively when Pau gets back and he and Bynum clog the hell outta the lane. In fact, we should look at usina zone every once in a while with those 4 on the court, and heck even Odom with them, that's 5 guys that would cover the whole floor.
laugh.gif

I am REALLY liking seeing Kobe and Artest spend more time on the block then most teams centers. That is friggin absurd and I know it will lessen with Pau getsback, but at least they know they can use it when one of the bigs is in foul trouble, or out of the game, or injured what have you. Hell, if we went to smallball for a stretch, we could still have either of those guys go down on the block, something most teams can't do in small ball. Huge advantage for us.

One thing I do not like, is our bench right now. Clearly Odom going to the bench will help eventually, at that point it will be Odom, one starter, and then 3of the others during the early second and 4th quarters. But we need more. I see some signs of Sasha shooting a little better, and it looks like he worked on18-20 feet and in rather then just all 3 pointers. That's something. He's been pretty good off screens and such. And Powell, man, his range is
eek.gif
for an 11th man on the bench, he sure is nice. But as a unit, theyneed to get it together and fast. 4 guys with 40+ minutes last night. OT or not, that is not good in game 4.
grin.gif

bright nikes:
Lakers Fail to Extend Farmar, Morrison

spacer.gif

Posted: 11/2/2009 5:12:00 AM
Source: Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times

Jordan Farmar now has extra motivation, should he need it. So does Adam Morrison.

The Lakers did not give contract extensions to either fourth-year player, making them both restricted free agents in July. The Lakers had until today to reach an agreement with each player.

Farmar, 23, will make $1.9 million this season and Morrison, 26, will make $5.2 million.

"I think I have a lot to offer. I know I can do so much more than I'm doing right now," said Farmar, who is averaging 4.7 points and 1.7 assists through three games this season. "If they really, really want me, they probably would have signed me. It's tough. I feel that I've gone out there a lot and shown what I have, with the opportunity that I've got. It's my job to try to prove it to them."

The Lakers have the right to match any offer Farmar or Morrison signs next summer.

Hope Farmar gets traded by the deadline
pimp.gif

Bum !!#.
Cosine.

I wouldn't be on board with the Lakers getting rid of Morrison, though. I think he can be an integral part to a championship team. Not a main focus (Shaq,Kobe, Jordan, Pippen, Wade, Duncan, Magic, Bird, Worthy, etc.), but a strong secondary player to a team with established stars (Kukoc, Byron Scott, Horry,Odom, etc.).

Definitely dump Farmar, though.

Lakers could get a little "big" something in return for Farmar.

Cash considerations maybe. I would be down for that.

CP1708:
CP1708:
Ska, you like what you seen outta Bynum early? Clearly he only cares about scoring right now, but we keep working on him and sooner or later he'll pick up D and rebounding. May never be elite, but better at least.
Whenever you're ready, I'm ready.
nerd.gif

Missed that.

Nah, I like him. Damn near 20/10 right now.

But I've never had a problem with his numbers.

When has he been injured and missed significant time the previous 2 seasons? In November/December/January? No. In February/March/April and into the playoffs?Yes.

My opinion of him is on hold until the playoffs start.
laugh.gif
When it'sthe 70th game of the season and he's still a 20/10 guy and he's only missed like a half dozen games and we're getting ready to make another playoffrun, I will form an opinion of him. If we're in the WCF again and he's maybe missed one game in the playoffs up to that point and he's looking nicewith it, I will then form an opinion.

But right now? Putting up 20/10 in November, when his absences have been towards the end of the season/playoffs? I'm not going to form an opinion, negativeor positive.

^
Do you guys have ANY idea how furious Clutchshooter is going to be when he finds out Sasha is inside his favorite girl?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

*Thinkin about starting a thread just so Clutch can see it.*
happy.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

What with the Farmar hate ? Dude is nice , just need more playing time to get his confident
what team are you watching?...the ucla farmar or 2009 Laker farmar?
eyes.gif

but i totally agree with ska...if we can get morrison going he can be that outside threat the machine isnt

C'mon, CP.
laugh.gif
That crap isn't worthy of a new thread, not in the Sports and Training Forum. That's some General Forum/TMZ foolishness.

News of some scrub athlete dating some hot tennis player? [mark jackson] You're better than that. [/jackson]

^
No I'm not.
laugh.gif

That was as much for Clutch as anyone on this board. Clutch is going to go nuts when he sees that, that's why i made the thread. Complete with the pic ofSasha at the bottom lickin his chops.
laugh.gif

And besides, that dude always startin threads to show female athletes, the point of which is to have pics of said female athletes, mostly, he wants to postpics of Maria.
smokin.gif

damn being a Laker=women throw themselves at you
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

next thing were gonna hear adam morrison is smashing hilary duff
devil.gif
ormegan fo................nevermind i dont think shes that desperate
laugh.gif

Jackson again was disappointed in the play of his bench, which managed just six points. Four starters had to play at least 43 minutes in the first of back-to-back games.

"They're just not picking up the flow of the game and playing with the integral force they need to play with out there," Jackson said.

Jordan Farmar, in particular, felt Jackson's wrath. He didn't play in the second half.

"Nothing happened good while he was out there," Jackson said.

I'm tellin you guys, Jordan Farmar is strictly out there for himself.

He's pretty much in Jackson's dog house, throw him in the same category as Brian Cook and Vlad Rad.

I can't stand players negative body language when they're on the court and I wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt by the deadline.

I also agree with CP on Bynum, I've touched on it a couple times after a game.

Bynum loves padding those stats - he needs to get it through his head that its okay to pass back out to get better positioning rather than do one of yourawkward post moves and let it clank off the front of the rim.

I know Bynum is still young but you can see on the court how immature he still is, lets hope within time that changes.

#17 with 17 and 17.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Throw in the 5 assists and 3 blocks.
eek.gif

And the injured elbow.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Come on Vince Bynum, get it together baby.

Back to back wins on the road in OT without Pau. It ain't sexy, but I'll take it.

Pau supposed to practice today, maybe he can get a few minutes tomorrow. Hope so.

^
Ska, you see my boy Prime1984's sig?
smh.gif
I've known dude for 12 years so he's legit, but his teams read as follows, Steelers, Lakers, Yankees. How you think 2009 has gone for him?
laugh.gif

Maybe he'll post in here today, you'll see it. Right about now every person he bumps into thinks he is frontrunner4life reincarnated, but like I said,he's legit, those are his teams and always have been.

That's a hell of a year.

I'm good with '02, though (which is what the 02 in my name is for).

Lakers, then Sparks, then Angels.

I don't care if people don't count the WNBA. That's my squad, and they won the championship, sandwiched in between the Lakers and Angels.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Ska, you see my boy Prime1984's sig?
smh.gif
I've known dude for 12 years so he's legit, but his teams read as follows, Steelers, Lakers, Yankees. How you think 2009 has gone for him?
laugh.gif

Maybe he'll post in here today, you'll see it. Right about now every person he bumps into thinks he is frontrunner4life reincarnated, but like I said, he's legit, those are his teams and always have been.
yehh thats a hell of a year
eek.gif
...are you guys good friends?

as for me...well the late 80s were good for me
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom