OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Gasol has no confidence and not the Lakers. Kobe, Fisher
laugh.gif
, and Odom are all confident dudes. Gasol is just pathetic.

how hard can it be to hire a personal trainer and gain at least 10 pounds of muscle or fat in the offseason?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Gasol has no confidence and not the Lakers. Kobe, Fisher
laugh.gif
, and Odom are all confident dudes. Gasol is just pathetic.

how hard can it be to hire a personal trainer and gain at least 10 pounds of muscle or fat in the offseason?
smh.gif
Seriously, look at his brother, Marc has shown dedication, getting his body right and working on his game.

And Ron's a fool for that one
laugh.gif

they're just trying to coast. still with this bad games we are still 2 1/2 games from cavs

Seems Kobe is mad, we may see the squirrel face soon, probably today.
laugh.gif

Kobe delivers stern message to team

By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com

WINTER PARK, Fla. -- Kobe Bryant vowed he would have something to say to his teammates after the Lakers' 98-83 loss to the Bobcats in Charlotte on Friday, Los Angeles' third straight road defeat and second straight loss overall.

Saturday he got the chance.

The Lakers, coming off back-to-back games, did not conduct a full practice at Rollins College, about 15 miles from downtown Orlando. Coach Phil Jackson called it a "personal day" for the team. But the players did congregate and talk about their recent struggles.

"We're just working with some principles right now that have escaped us as far as what we consider good defense," Jackson said. "I kind of opened it up for how are we going to solve some of these problems that we have, basically penetration off screen-roll which has been a nemesis and is for most teams."

While the discussion began in strategy, Bryant interjected his thoughts about desire.

"We were working on some of the principles and [Bryant] brought up a notion of determination," Jackson said. "There's a willfulness that you have to have in this game and there's also a flexibility and the willfulness carries the day most of the time, about 80 percent of the time. There's strategy and then there's getting the job done."

When asked if his message to his teammates was well received, a stoic Bryant said, "I don't give a [expletive]. ... It was received."

Bryant spent the approximately 20 minutes the practice session was open to the media sitting on a bench near the entrance to the gym, isolated from the rest of the team, who sat on a row of chairs near half court. Bryant had the hood of his sweatshirt pulled over his head and stared at his cell phone the whole time except for a brief conversation with reserve forward Josh Powell, who approached him.

Bryant's one-word answers during the scrum with reporters and steely demeanor were reminiscent of the focused and reserved public persona he presented at news conferences during last season's NBA Finals.

Jackson said Bryant wasn't the only player to talk, adding, "We had other guys speak up too."

Said Pau Gasol: "We talked a little bit about what we have to do, especially defensively in a couple situations where we need to tighten up and stop certain things out there. Then a couple other things, just to make sure we communicated with each other and we're all on the same page and we understand we're here to get that ultimate goal and if we want to get there, there's things that need to get done."

Jackson would not comment on whether the meeting was productive until he sees if the things they talked about carry over to a game.

"We'll see it," Jackson said. "The proof's in the pudding."

Everyone take notice of Phil doin his job in this "big" game. 

Sitting Kobe for 7 minutes of the second quarter after Kobe was goin hot in the 1st.  Point being, the others need to get themselves going and figure it out like when Kobe was out. 

THAT is coaching.  That is who Phil is.  Winning or losing a game isn't nearly as important as getting the team/players in sync with each other. 

This is why I don't stress.  I trust Phil Jackson, winner of 10 of the last 19 finals. 

Chicken littles will come in hollering. Although I will admit, I'm a bit concerned not about the losing games, but just the psyche of the team right now, a lot of guys who were playing with confidence just a few weeks ago have been playing terrible lately.

Oh well onto the next one.

no reason to panic. this team is playing with little to no killer instinct, but they are too talented to panic this early on.

pau and drew have been disappointing the past few games.

Really can't blame Drew for not being effective, he got at least 2 or 3 bad calls go against him so he wasn't out there, when he was D12 was getting shut down. Pau was Pau (soft on the boards and getting abused inside).

Originally Posted by CP1708

Sitting Kobe for 7 minutes of the second quarter after Kobe was goin hot in the 1st.  Point being, the others need to get themselves going and figure it out like when Kobe was out. 

THAT is coaching.  That is who Phil is.  Winning or losing a game isn't nearly as important as getting the team/players in sync with each other. 

This is why I don't stress.  I trust Phil Jackson, winner of 10 of the last 19 finals. 
that didnt help at all though

i dont think it matters how well the offense is run because artest and fisher will keep missing layups and open jumpers...those dudes are ghosts on offense

the main problem is on defense and the 2 big girls being pathetic

that pick n roll just DETROYED them tonight but they still could have won if not for some mental breakdowns and Farmar's matador defense
the way he gives up after het gets picked off is just disgusting
sick.gif

and gasol needs to sprint up and down the floor if he is not gonna do anything else...his jogging and whining to the refs led to at least two 3 point plays in the 4th
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

bynum
indifferent.gif

This L hurts. It sucks. It wacks. These bozos in Orlando are going nuts just like when they won that one playoff game last summer.

Bynum saddens me with his shot attempts...it's like that ball just won't go in. Kobe and Fish with their damn feet on the line
smh.gif

I think LA needs this though. Surround that squad with negativity and doubt. Every time they're praised they come up short and from this point as much as it sucks i'd much rather see every sports analyst on TV rip into them.

Seeing and hearing all this "they're talented..deep..blah blah" needs to chill.

I think when everyone counts them out they show up and do work

Good effort by Kobe at the end today though

well lakers only have a 3 game lead on the top spot in the west with BOTH denver and dallas still having a game against us on their own home court. with the schedule the lakers have most likely they will lose homecourt advantage in the west aswell

Originally Posted by CP1708

CP we can always turn to you when everything is chaos
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
....im not worried either phil knows what hell hes doing...were fine

i'll worry if we lose 3 straight in the playoffs

Good post a couple pages back CP.

I remember watching Bulls games during both 3 peat runs and they had some stupid losses. The problem with this team is verses the Bulls, Spurs, or even how consistant the Celts and Cavs have played the prior two years is this team doesn't consistantly enough just beat teams down.

We should have 20+ winning streaks, blowing teams out regularly, having teams fear us because of our instant offense from anywhere and sophocating D. But we don't have that at all just here and there as we settle for tight games like this making Kobe up his clutch and game winning shots for his career.

I knew he would miss the 3rd one. You just don't get 3 opportunitys ever and him not being behind the 3 was odd as was Fishers. That rarely happens for those two because they are so aware of the line in the clutch and when it's needed. I'm sick of seeing these tight games especially with us having to be the ones to score.

We hardly ever have to defend a clutch shot, it's always us needing to score. The blame game for every player is just silly now. No longer that is evident this team as a whole just losses games period. They seem to lose different every time.

Orlando would have blown us away on an average day today but they tried to gift wrap the game to us but we still didn't take it. We'll see is all I know this team can't have a playoff run like last year and get to the Finals.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Good post a couple pages back CP.

I remember watching Bulls games during both 3 peat runs and they had some stupid losses. The problem with this team is verses the Bulls, Spurs, or even how consistant the Celts and Cavs have played the prior two years is this team doesn't consistantly enough just beat teams down.

We should have 20+ winning streaks, blowing teams out regularly, having teams fear us because of our instant offense from anywhere and sophocating D. But we don't have that at all just here and there as we settle for tight games like this making Kobe up his clutch and game winning shots for his career.

I knew he would miss the 3rd one. You just don't get 3 opportunitys ever and him not being behind the 3 was odd as was Fishers. That rarely happens for those two because they are so aware of the line in the clutch and when it's needed. I'm sick of seeing these tight games especially with us having to be the ones to score.

We hardly ever have to defend a clutch shot, it's always us needing to score. The blame game for every player is just silly now. No longer that is evident this team as a whole just losses games period. They seem to lose different every time.

Orlando would have blown us away on an average day today but they tried to gift wrap the game to us but we still didn't take it. We'll see is all I know this team can't have a playoff run like last year and get to the Finals.

Ready to turn in your fan card again 
nerd.gif

the good thing is that they played much better than against the heat and the bobcats

only 7 turnovers

Bynum needs to let it go on some of those plays and just let dudes get layups. Lakers got out rebounded and it was mainly due to him being on the bench.
He has been in foul trouble almost every game verses the celtics,cavs, and orlando this year.

Also, Kobe was good in the end but 12-30 is not going to get it done against a good team.

As an example, let me ask you all. 

If Kobe takes and hits a 3 to win it, or takes and MISSES a three and loses it, does it change the reflection of the team? 

As in, one shot in a game in early March goes in, we're all happy and on our way.  It doesn't go in and we're all upset and "what's wrong with the Lakers?" 

That's the yo yo I don't get down with.  I'm furious we lost, make no mistake, I'm friggin wearin out my Laker gear after these last 3 games, but I saw a lot of good things out there, and also alot of bad things, but there we were, one shot away.  I ain't mad at that. 

Kane, you wrong, Dallas doesn't have anymore games against us this year, we split 2-2 this year.  Just one in Denver. 

And I am extremely happy with our schedule this month.  We aren't happy with our road efforts?  We aren't getting it done?  What better way to work on that then the whole month of March on the road.  Great practice for when it truly matters, with all the crowds goin crazy and hating us. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom