OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I obviously struck a nerve with the Laker fans. Did I say I like what Cuban does? No. I like having Cuban as an owner but I don't approve of his whining. The same as I dont approve of the whining the Lakers do after they lose. Kobe gets away with more than anyone outside of LeBron.

as a sports fan im prettysure no one approves of whining...seriously who does?

struck a nerve with us? how would you like it if we went to your pathetic dallas mavs thread and started talking about how cuban whines? im pretty sure most of you guys in there would attack just like we are doing right now?...its really like going to someones house and saying wow i dont approve of how messy it is here...do you think people like having their houses messy?

you wanna complain and talk about our teams pouting go post in the NBA season thread

Originally Posted by knightngale

It was nice to see Bynum playing smart and giving his all against the Bobcats tonight. Lakers' future is in good hands
pimp.gif

Gasol playing like a dude on steroids
pimp.gif

Phil finally did the right move and decided to play Farmar and he responded like we knew he could.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and to the poster that mentioned farmar: haven't you watched laker games before or were you being sarcastic as well? Farmar has been going away from Kobe since he was a rookie cause
he probably thinks he is a star himself.

it is not a good thing cause it usually ends up in a terrible shot or a turnover by him

Trelvis Tha Thrilla:
I obviously struck a nerve with the Laker fans. Did I say I like what Cuban does? No. I like having Cuban as an owner but I don't approve of his whining. The same as I dont approve of the whining the Lakers do after they lose. Kobe gets away with more than anyone outside of LeBron.
I've got no problem with that, then.

I'd love to talk about the game today, but I'll keep it short.

Lakers are playing like a buncha bums.

We were blessed with a home friendly schedule in the beginning of the season, our record doesn't really reflect how inconsitent this team has been throughout the season.

NO effort on the defensive side of the ball, horrible rotations, slow close outs, way too many TOs - I can go on. Kobe can score all the points he wants, the team follows his lead when he wants to play that team USA defense .... you can't coach effort fellas'

Get it together or prepare to look foolish on Sunday.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

you can tell all season long the lakers are not even hungry for that championship.
Can we at least get to the playoffs before we go this route?  Please? 

I keep wasting my breath, but damn, 30 games over .500 and it's the titanic all over again. 

People, we ALL KNEW we weren't winning in Charlotte.  We knew this in September when the schedule came out. 
laugh.gif

Yes we play like crap, yes we're lazy for doing so, but we're still in position to make a very long run into the postseason.  I don't think people can understand enough, LA has been to TWO straight finals, or in other words, damn near 45 extra PLAYOFF intense basketball games.  At some point, a team is going to run on some fumes for a while.  This team will respond when it needs too, but let that point come.  First week of March is not do or die time. 

@#$% we were 2-2 in the conference finals, after a 7 game series against a role player filled Rockets club.  And then we hit the gas and won 6 of 7. 

We could lose 2-3 games in the first round, we could lose 2-3 games in the second round, but we still have the experience of a team that can go into other team's gym's and win ball games.  WE'VE PROVEN IT. 

Yes it's frustrating, yes we have issues, but please, everyone, calm down just a little.  I swear I have typed this at least 17 times this year.  (oh look, we have 17 losses this year, that must be why
laugh.gif
)

There's a difference with being calm and goin a different route (jbone).

Some people are just calling it like they see it and I don't see a problem with it.

Until the Lakers prove us wrong again (winning back 2 back) then I think some of these statements are warranted.

CP1708 

My man! 
pimp.gif
 You're on the same wavelength as I am. Yes we play horrible at times, yes we lose games that we shouldn't, yes we look lazy and sluggish at times. But what team in the league doesn't? i won't lie, I stand in front of my television cursing at the TV while watchin the games like the rest of you guys, but at the same time, we shouldn't jump ship at the first signs of danger. this team has accomplished too much for us to do that. Let phil, Kobe and the rest of the gang do what they do best, and we'll see how it plays out. the NBA season is long and grueling. let's atleast get to the playoffs before we start burying this team

Bright, I agree with what you sayin, but to question the team WANTING to win a title, or bad mouthing every single player on the team is just a bit much. 

Maybe we all get upset after a loss, that's possible.  But I mean, damn.  2 years ago we won 45 games FOR A WHOLE SEASON, now we're at 46 with 19 to go and we're trippin. 
laugh.gif

Face it, none and I mean NONE of our problems are based on regular season efforts.  I think we have lost a shot at HC throughout, so I say we end the West asap, and sit EVERYONE for a week or so.  Shannon, hand wrapped.  Artest, hand wrapped.  Kobe, we all know his injuries.  Gasol I am wondering if he has EVER gotten right this season with those hammy's.  Fisher, just old.  Bynum could always use time to rest and make sure his knees hold up.  Odom, a few minor dings.  Let these guys get right, get their legs, and then Phil can punch the gas. 

Come postseason, Kobe plays 40+ every game.  Pau will play 40+ every night.  Ron might as well.  Odom will sneak up to 35+ thru various lineups that Phil will use.  There SHOULDN'T be long 10-0 runs, or 13-2 runs against us in those cases, he'll coach different, we'll play different, things should clear up.  We just need to navigate the next 5 weeks with all guys semi healthy, and then see how they respond from there. 

I'm pretty sure Kobe, Fish, and Phil want to get this title.  Pretty sure Ron is starting to see the light as well.  Is it not the Phil Jackson way to pace his team?  Have we not seen this before?  The Lakers haven't hit the gas the last 2 weeks of a season and gone on to win?  Really? 

We can do it ya'll.  Just hang in there, nobody JBone this season.  You don't want to be that guy. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

so if i go to the mavs season thread ima find you crying about cuban complaining like you did coming into this laker thread?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

you can tell all season long the lakers are not even hungry for that championship.
Can we at least get to the playoffs before we go this route?  Please? 

I keep wasting my breath, but damn, 30 games over .500 and it's the titanic all over again. 

People, we ALL KNEW we weren't winning in Charlotte.  We knew this in September when the schedule came out. 
laugh.gif

Yes we play like crap, yes we're lazy for doing so, but we're still in position to make a very long run into the postseason.  I don't think people can understand enough, LA has been to TWO straight finals, or in other words, damn near 45 extra PLAYOFF intense basketball games.  At some point, a team is going to run on some fumes for a while.  This team will respond when it needs too, but let that point come.  First week of March is not do or die time. 

@#$% we were 2-2 in the conference finals, after a 7 game series against a role player filled Rockets club.  And then we hit the gas and won 6 of 7. 

We could lose 2-3 games in the first round, we could lose 2-3 games in the second round, but we still have the experience of a team that can go into other team's gym's and win ball games.  WE'VE PROVEN IT. 

Yes it's frustrating, yes we have issues, but please, everyone, calm down just a little.  I swear I have typed this at least 17 times this year.  (oh look, we have 17 losses this year, that must be why
laugh.gif
)

damn son you should be a motivational speaker
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I admire the poise ya'll. Maybe you should speak with Gasol too CP...

Gasol feeling low as Lakers search for higher road

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – As good as it has been for Pau Gasol as a Laker, this is as bad as it has ever gotten.

“I would say so,

CP: exactly what would it take for you to go all Chicken Little?
laugh.gif
I definitely admire how steadfast you are in your replies, but sometimes I think of you as that limbless knight in that Monty Python scene. You know what I'm talking about.
laugh.gif

So what would it take for you to be concerned? I have a feeling the answer is something like "When the team is down 0-3 in a playoff series, I'll panic."
laugh.gif
And another part of me thinks your response will be "When the team is down 0-3 in a playoff series and there's less than a second left on the clock and we're down more than 3 without the bal, I'll panic."

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

They're playing through the motions. It's honestly been that way since about December. They just get by on talent on most nights.

I seen something last night during the loss to the Bobcats that was very disturbing.
Shannon Brown was crying about not getting a foul call. I mean your a bench player you can't complain to the refs.
Dude put his hands up and looking at the ref like he's a star........Kobe does this...Pau does this...Bynum is notorious for this....Fisher just looks like the ref and expect to get every call.
Odom just yells "foulllllllllllllllllllllllll" or "anddddddddddddd 1"

I just feel like certain nights the Lakers rely not only on there skill set but also the refs 
tired.gif

Your not going to get every call....I mean sometimes the players have a point.....Lakers rank 23rd in free throw attempted per game

I just hope when playoffs start they will be ready cause watching them lose certain nights is very painful.

Pau just needs to shut up and grow a pair of testicles, quite frankly he plays with a level of physicality only seen in the WNBA (no shots ska
laugh.gif
)

And what a surprise OC would post that article...too easy
eyes.gif

[h2]Coach takes a jab at power forward

ESPNLosAngeles.com
[/h2]
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- In the Lakers' last two losses, a three-point overtime loss in Miami on Thursday and a five-point loss in Dallas 10 days ago, production from Los Angeles' three-time All-Star Pau Gasol was conspicuously absent.

Gasol, who is averaging 17.0 points and 11.1 rebounds this season, averaged 10.5 points and 7.5 rebounds in the two losses while playing his normal amount of minutes (33.5 minutes in the two games as opposed to his season average of 36.6).

[h4]Pau Gasol[/h4]

"I really don't like to talk about that aspect of a person's game ... other than the fact that he's been weak and sickly," coach Phil Jackson said before the Lakers played the Bobcats on Friday, setting up the delivery of the jab with a pregnant pause.

When asked to clarify, Jackson said that Gasol has been feeling "under the weather" and he will have to monitor his 7-foot power forward's playing time.

"I'll start to work the bench a little more and see if I can't spell some minutes for these guys," Jackson said.

After Thursday's loss, Jackson reserved judgment on Gasol, simply saying, "He just had a tough night tonight." Gasol, while stretching out on the Time Warner Cable Arena court before the game, acknowledged that he has been affected by a cold.

When informed about Jackson's comments, Gasol frowned and said, "That's funny."

laugh.gif
Nah Phil we know what you REALLY meant. A cold really Pau, your softness meter is almost at the max level.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif
I definitely admire how steadfast you are in your replies, but sometimes I think of you as that limbless knight in that Monty Python scene. You know what I'm talking about.
laugh.gif

So what would it take for you to be concerned? I have a feeling the answer is something like "When the team is down 0-3 in a playoff series, I'll panic."
laugh.gif
And another part of me thinks your response will be "When the team is down 0-3 in a playoff series and there's less than a second left on the clock and we're down more than 3 without the bal, I'll panic."

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Co-sign on this.  I'm usually on the same page as CP but these problems are definitely getting a little worrisome.

Well we got Phil, MJ, and Pip already so why not add Rodman
laugh.gif

j/k guys
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

To me the NBA is a lot "easier" then the other sports.  You can generally tell who is going to be there at the end in the NBA.  There are very very few surprises.  Just look at the last 35 years.  The Pistons in 04 is pretty much the one big big surprise I have seen in my lifetime.  And a LOT of that was both Malone and Grant being out, and us having to guard Rasheed Wallace with Slava Medvedenko.  I mean, damn. 
laugh.gif

I posted a lot of how I feel about the regular season in the NBA thread, but basically, the regular season means less then nothing to me.  ZERO.  
If we play great and lose, I'm fine.  If we play great and win, same.  If we play like crap and lose, then I simply look to how we respond.  And so on. 
I search for things thoughout an entire season, NOT a game by game basis.  The Celtics came to LA and got a hard fought win against us.  Big win right?  HUGE win right?  They lost at home a week later.........to the NETS.  So which is the indicator?  The answer?  Neither.  Beating us at the buzzer without Kobe meant nothing to me.  Losing to bums at home meant nothing to me.  The Celts are veteran stars that know how to play the game.  Nobody actually thinks the Nets are better do they?  Are the Heat better then us?  No right?  So why do we flip out over it?  We do we panic over losing 2 whole games in a row?  First week of March no less.  I mean, the Bulls lost games back in the day, and they had 2 of the best to ever play, including maybe THEE best and they still lost.  Magic, Kareem, and Worthy, with Riley on the bench lost games they never should have.  Some nights you just don't have it.  It happens guys.  Every year, to every team, even elite teams. 

Last year we lost to Houston on our home floor in the playoffs.  Many LA fans were gripping.  Panicking.  We went into Houston and got our game back.  Then Houston demolished us in game 4.  Then we won by FORTY in game 5.  Momentum to us right?  Nope.  They beat us again in game 6.  
Game 3 in Utah, Kobe has one of the worst games of his life, but they we are close at the end of the game, down to the closing seconds.  We ALMOST stole a game IN UTAH with Kobe playing a horrible game.  The next game?  Kobe came out and absolutely went OFF.  I damn near felt bad for Utah.  He shot lights out. 

Denver steals a game in LA last year.  We walk in their gym and steal one back.  Denver goes nuts and beats us up in game 4, JR Smith walks like a ******, they gas themselves up like no other.  We win game 5 anyways, and then BLOW THE DOORS OFF THEM ON THEIR FLOOR IN GAME 6.  Message sent.  The Lakers showed up. 

ORLD we let them shoot a record best in game 3, but still were right there at the end.  Damn near stole that game. We almost lost game 4, but our vets showed up and made HUGE plays.  And we sealed it all in game 5.  

Our team has a TON of talent.  And a great coach.  But playing for the whole thing in June, is JUST NOT THE SAME as playing Miami in March.  Or in Portland in January.  Every one of these other teams wants to beat us.  They want to hurt us, they ENJOY beating the Lakers.  They pound their chests, they talk trash, their fans get huge dreams, when May/June rolls around, where can you find those folks?  In the offseason threads, that's where.  They all go home quietly while we play on. 

This is not new people.  Happened like this in the 80's, and it's happened in this decade.  If you wanted me too, I could go thru all 17 losses, and you would be stunned at how not so bad they all are.  Lost to Dallas without Gasol.  Lost to Boston without Kobe.  Lost to Miami, but the game was tied in OT with 40 seconds left in the game.  Lost to Memphis when Kobe passed on the final shot.  Lost to Cleveland when Gasol was under the hoop with the ball and less then 30 seconds and he acted girlish.  Lost to Dallas in Dallas on a back to back when Kobe missed a 3 to tie with 30 seconds left.  And on and on and on.  17 losses, like literally 3-4 of them have been what I would call "bad" losses. Hell, some of our wins game me more worry, like having to have buzzer beaters to beat the Bucks, or Kings, or the Grizz again.  That loss in Dallas on a back to back missing a shot to tie with 30 seconds is almost more impressive then beating the Kings at home at the buzzer.  Make sense to anyone else but me? 

That's how I look at things.  A whole, entire body of work.  The whole picture.  Prior and previous seasons.  History lessons. 

Do you guys realize that most nights teams just show up with little to no preparation for a team?  In the playoffs, you spend 2 weeks focused on those teams.  So if I say you can give Gasol, Odom, Artest, Kobe, Phil and crew time to prepare for the other team, who would you take over that group?  Honestly?  Does that mean that we'll win the title automatically?  No.  But does it mean that we'll be alright, and the light WILL COME ON when the playoffs approach and the team can see it's end goal?  God damn right it does.  At the end of the day, name me the teams with Championship pedigree, with that championship clutchness that know how to handle bad situations, like down 3 with 11 seconds on the road in danger of going to 2-2. 

Look at the Celtics when they were in danger of going to 2-2 in game 4 on the road, down 20 in the 3rd quarter.  They found their way.  The figured the angle and made it happen.  Not all teams can do that.  Not all coaches can figure out the answers. We have guys that have proven it over and over and over, and yet here we still are, doubting them after a couple losses in March.  But yet, STILL the second best record in the NBA.  We all actin like they fightin for the 8th spot or somethin. 
laugh.gif

Look, I'm a Cubs fan, I know what losing looks like.  Just trust me. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we show up HUGE tomorrow in Orlando.  But if we don't get the win, it won't be the end of the world then either.  It just means we get a little closer to mid April, and the clock will truly start then. 

You guys are probably all still reading that crap I typed huh? 
roll.gif

Sorry about that. 
embarassed.gif

If you would like a shorter version, I have seen Horry vs Sacramento, and .04. 

I saw us win a division with a falling away 27 footer over a 7 foot tall center.

I saw a skyhook taken and go in, shot by someone other then Kareem Abdul Jabbar in Boston Garden in the finals. 

I saw a 27 point 4th quarter comeback in a game. 

I saw a 15 point 4th quarter comeback in a game 7 in the conference finals. 

I didn't see it, but I have read about it where a rookie PG starts at center on the road in the finals and we win the game while one of the 10 best of all time didn't play.

I have seen so many things happen that never shoulda happened to worry about a few regular season losses.  Especially when that team is going to win 60 games, and homecourt advantage thoughout the Western Conference. 

Win or lose tomorrow, it doesn't change the direction of our season.  All is not better if we beat the Magic tomorrow.  All is not lost if we lose to the Magic tomorrow.   Seems to me 2 weeks ago we were riding high because we were winning games with Kobe and Bynum on the shelf.  Now we're all scared?  Naw, not all of us.   
wink.gif

And make no mistake, I DESPISE losses.  I can't explain to you enough how much I hate them.  But they happen.  The Lakers have lost damn near 2,000 times in their exsistence.  Think those 2,000 losses define our franchise?  Take time to put things in perspective. 

2010 Lakers are not the 2007 Lakers.  Remember that. 

My man CP.........that is a LOOOOONNNNNG #%! POST Bruh!!!!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

But co-sign on everything that you said. Basically took the words outta my mouth bro.

Dudes get worked up wayyy too much about a couple of losses...like i've been saying all season long...it's like people are expecting 82-0, win by 15+ every single game
laugh.gif
like that's gonna happen...i dunno what kind of reality some y'all live in, but in my reality, it ain't smooth sailing all the time, and I damn sure don't expect it to be.

These bumps in road? These are what's gonna make the success down the road that much sweeter. Believe that.

Back
Top Bottom