OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

larry hughes? no gracias

i remember when this dude played for the warriors and man that was a "great time out"
laugh.gif

you know whats funny..a lot of you guys are complaining about lakers playing horrible but really im loving how our defense is stepping up..
we've given up only 100 points 1 time in 9 games.. i know our offense is doing horrible but as long as we got our defense right now, i know our offense will wake up come playoff time.

Just got done watching the game against the Nuggets, and only Laker fans would care what my thoughts are, so here they are:

First half, I was screaming at Kobe more than a few times for forcing again.
laugh.gif

Then the 3rd quarter happened.
smokin.gif
I loved how he just kind of took a back seat the 3rd quarter and let a couple other players ball out (more on that in a sec.). And I loved, looved, LOOOOVED the 3 on 1 fastbreak with Farmar in the middle and Kobe on the right side, with the ball. Farmar was calling for the ball SO HARD, and I just thought 'Nah, bro, Kobe's taking this to the rack.' Nope. Kobe gives it to Farmar, who takes it straight to the hole... BUCKET... AND-1.
smokin.gif
Gotta give credit to Kobe for making the right play there. Why do I gotta give him credit? 'Cause y'all know I've busted his head enough times for not making the right play. Gotta give him credit for things like this, right? Right.
happy.gif

And then also in the 3rd, the ball is swung to Artest one time, and he passes out of a wide open 3, after hitting like 3 or 4 threes in the first half. Kobe comes up to him, wraps his arms around Artest, and tells him he's gotta shoot that (and he's right). Fast forward to sometime a little later, when Kobe is in the heart of the defense and he passes out to Artest just a little behind him, in the corner. THREE BALL, CORNER POCKET.
smokin.gif
As the ball went out of Kobe's hands towards Artest's location, I couldn't help but think 'Now he's already told you, shoot that shhh!' And he does, and he makes it, and I was ecstatic at what basically happened there, from Artest pausing and passing out before... to Kobe giving him the right advice... to Kobe going back to Artest later... to Artest knocking it down. Double up:
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Now like I said, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Kobe NOT force things in the 3rd once a couple people had stepped up: Artest and Lamar. And Artest's defense in the 3rd quarter won the game, in my opinion.

That 6th foul on Melo, I took issue with Marc Jackson's opinion. Upon seeing the replay, he goes "That's not a 6th foul." I couldn't help but ask (my t.v. 
nerd.gif
) "Was it a foul? Forget whether it was a '6th foul'; was it a foul?'

And I thought Phil's substitution of Pau, who then comes back right into the teeth of the defense and scores in the paint w/ 3 defenders around him, then blocks a shot on the other end, was genius.
smokin.gif

just finished watching the game on my dvr and i Love how phil pulled pau out and said and pretty much said "u wanna play soft well have a seat over here next to adam"

then he puts him back in and pau turns it up

hope he got the message for the rest of the season

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Just got done watching the game against the Nuggets, and only Laker fans would care what my thoughts are, so here they are:

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
I loved how he just kind of took a back seat the 3rd quarter and let a couple other players ball out (more on that in a sec.). And I loved, looved, LOOOOVED the 3 on 1 fastbreak with Farmar in the middle and Kobe on the right side, with the ball. Farmar was calling for the ball SO HARD, and I just thought 'Nah, bro, Kobe's taking this to the rack.' Nope. Kobe gives it to Farmar, who takes it straight to the hole... BUCKET... AND-1.
smokin.gif
Gotta give credit to Kobe for making the right play there. Why do I gotta give him credit? 'Cause y'all know I've busted his head enough times for not making the right play. Gotta give him credit for things like this, right? Right.
happy.gif

And then also in the 3rd, the ball is swung to Artest one time, and he passes out of a wide open 3, after hitting like 3 or 4 threes in the first half. Kobe comes up to him, wraps his arms around Artest, and tells him he's gotta shoot that (and he's right). Fast forward to sometime a little later, when Kobe is in the heart of the defense and he passes out to Artest just a little behind him, in the corner. THREE BALL, CORNER POCKET.
smokin.gif
As the ball went out of Kobe's hands towards Artest's location, I couldn't help but think 'Now he's already told you, shoot that shhh!' And he does, and he makes it, and I was ecstatic at what basically happened there, from Artest pausing and passing out before... to Kobe giving him the right advice... to Kobe going back to Artest later... to Artest knocking it down. Double up:
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Now like I said, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Kobe NOT force things in the 3rd once a couple people had stepped up: Artest and Lamar. And Artest's defense in the 3rd quarter won the game, in my opinion.

That 6th foul on Melo, I took issue with Marc Jackson's opinion. Upon seeing the replay, he goes "That's not a 6th foul." I couldn't help but ask (my t.v. 
nerd.gif

And I thought Phil's substitution of Pau, who then comes back right into the teeth of the defense and scores in the paint w/ 3 defenders around him, then blocks a shot on the other end, was genius.
smokin.gif

Great post, man.
smile.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

just finished watching the game on my dvr and i Love how phil pulled pau out and said and pretty much said "u wanna play soft well have a seat over here next to adam"

then he puts him back in and pau turns it up

hope he got the message for the rest of the season

I doubt it. It's just not in his nature to be a tough player, he's a finesse guy and as much as it frustrates me, I've finally come to the realization that he'll never change. He'll always be soft. Just hope it doesn't cost us in the playoffs.

As for Manu, as much as I dislike the guy, the Lakers would be STUPID no to get him if he's available for the MLE. I doubt he leaves San Antonio though.

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

smokin.gif

We saw alot of the same things good sir. 
pimp.gif

I came in here specifically to say that I loved the play Pau made at the end of the game to punch the ball into the back court. 

This was THEE best game Ron Artest has played as a Laker.  And I LOVE hearing him say he wants to drop 5-6 more pounds to help his feet and add a little more quickness.  Now we're talkin Ron. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I rather go after Ray Allen next year then Manu. 

I want a guy that can shoot period.  And that is by definition, Ray Allen.  His backing up Kobe = nice.  And him playing with Kobe spotting up = nice.  Him not costing 20 million like he does Boston = nice. 

Manu flopping all over the floor and shooting one legged fallaways doesn't do it for me, sorry. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I want a guy that can shoot period.  And that is by definition, Ray Allen.  His backing up Kobe = nice.  And him playing with Kobe spotting up = nice.  Him not costing 20 million like he does Boston = nice. 

Manu flopping all over the floor and shooting one legged fallaways doesn't do it for me, sorry. 
I seriously just laugh out loud
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

23ska909red02 wrote:

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

ska with the execution word to kobe
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

id take manu...the dude hustles thats what we need but ray ray would be a good look too

Artest Defense was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I read an article where he said he is on a strict diet, so he can lose about 20 pounds before the playoffs.... and get back to his old shut down defense.
well Melo damn sure had his problems against Artest... i counted about 3 or 4 on the ball steals.

man if we can play with that kind of Intensity in the Playoffs, NO TEAM CAN BEAT US.

*edit, also wanted to add in... THIS is why we have Artest over Ariza... He was pushing and bodying Melo around all night... its the other way around when Melo was on Ariza

Originally Posted by enrique23

michael finley just got released?
nerd.gif
sasha bunchacrap is hurt too...i would love to have finley to take his spot

then again id take a garbage can over sasha...at least that can doesnt stink as much as sasha
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

smokin.gif
You saved me from having to type two paragraphs and a few sentences. Kobe of the past would not have done what he did in the 2nd half. He knew he was off and helped the Lakers score 24+ points with the 12 assists. I absolutely loved that he didn't get pissed and yell at his teammates in the game early, instead coaching them, Kobe seems to have learned.

I forgot Ray would be a free agent as well, but don't him and Kobe hate each other. I mean I remember when Ray was on the Sonics he said Kobe would never win anything being the leader of a team or something.

I doubt Ray Allen would sign with anyone for just the MLE next year, although that's what he's worth at this stage of his career

I seen that too in the past 2 games haven't really seen kobe complain on to many no calls where he was barely touched

Yes he still complains but but when he does he at least has a legitimate reason too

But this jump in the air get stuck and throw the ball away has to stop asap

why are you guys talking about those guys for next season when we need a speedy point who can defend and shoot the 3 moreso?

If we're talking about next season, I like Kelenna Azubuike (if he's 100% recovered).

He's athletic, versatile, can defend and hit threes. Fits the mold of what the Lakers have been going after as far as athletic, no names (Trevor Ariza and Shannon Brown).

Back
Top Bottom