OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Hopefully im not late but have you guys seen Lamars Power Bar commercial? I found it pretty funny but I may just be biased
laugh.gif

Searched youtube for it but nobody has uploaded it yet

Originally Posted by knightngale

Bynum injured again?

I guess this is about time for him to get injured so it is not surprising. Dude needs to be traded before he pull an Oden career ending injury.

I'm not one to usually call out people around here, but man, why you gotta be soooo damn negative all the time?

No seriously? You are one of the most pessimisstic persons i think i've ever seen on this board. Geez.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Bynum injured again?

I guess this is about time for him to get injured so it is not surprising. Dude needs to be traded before he pull an Oden career ending injury.

I'm not one to usually call out people around here, but man, why you gotta be soooo damn negative all the time?

No seriously? You are one of the most pessimisstic persons i think i've ever seen on this board. Geez.

i think you mistaken this guy for noble
laugh.gif

All the sadness in our Lakers season and Stein points out today that lo and behold, the LA Lakers have the best road record in the western conference. 
laugh.gif
  And as he points out, nobody cares cuz we expect a trophy to be presented to us every time we take the court. 
laugh.gif
  Damn we're spoiled. 

How the hell did we all survive the couple years after Shaq?  Swear to God some of us must not know how to tie knots properly or some of us woulda been swinging from windows already. 

I usually don't get behind missing games, but if Kobe sits out tonight and Wed vs Utah and then sits the all star game out, I wouldn't be mad. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

All the sadness in our Lakers season and Stein points out today that lo and behold, the LA Lakers have the best road record in the western conference. 
laugh.gif
  And as he points out, nobody cares cuz we expect a trophy to be presented to us every time we take the court. 
laugh.gif
  Damn we're spoiled. 

How the hell did we all survive the couple years after Shaq?  Swear to God some of us must not know how to tie knots properly or some of us woulda been swinging from windows already. 

I usually don't get behind missing games, but if Kobe sits out tonight and Wed vs Utah and then sits the all star game out, I wouldn't be mad. 

I agree... except maybe for the asg. I think he should just suit up, play for 1 quarter, or maybe 1st half (nobody takes the 1st half seriously anyway)... and sit out the rest.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Damn we're spoiled. 

i think kobe has to miss the games last week in order to sit out the game...i dont think stern will let him do that...hes probably just play the first couple minutes and sit it out just like he did in the 2008 all-star game

i dont see kobe sitting this one out

Bynum out for tonight, Kobe still gametime. 

I wonder if Bynum being out makes Kobe think he needs to play for a shot at winning this one. 

Kobe should just sit.

He should also sit out the AS Game. I hope Phil will talk some sense into him and ask him not to play. I mean, sit on the bench, enjoy the night, whatever but no need for him to play.

Kobe should sit again. Streak ended last game, there's no rush to get back tonight.  I think he'll start the ASG and then sit the majority of that too.

Kobe should just sit out these remaining games. Hopefully we can pull out a win tonight.

Pau with 21, 19, 8 and 5........and I complained about him the entire game. 
laugh.gif

Lakers are 115-29 with Pau in the lineup since the trade.  And we all been cryin for those same two years. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I feel so ashamed. 

Those of you hating on Fish early this year. 
Wanting to trade Farmar
Always wanting to get rid of LO

Tonight's game was for you.  They are playing real well right now. 

One other thing.  Lakers go down 9-0 opening minute vs the Spurs, Phil Jackson sits there lookin at his glasses doesn't call a timeout, 2 minutes later we're up 12-11 without Bynum and Bryant.  NO other coaches in the game would handle that.  Pop was ahead and made 3 lineup changes before the 6 minute mark.  PHIL KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.  Even when it seems he doesn't, he does.  He's merely letting these players figure things out on their own.  

Spurs suck, and tonight was the same as beating the Miami Heat, but whatever, it's good to get that 40th win before the all star break. 

Farmar is finally playing like he's been expected to. Confidence does wonders in his case. As well as PT!

Great win though tonight. Bench is chipping in nicely. Hopefully this continues when Kobe returns.

CP1708 wrote:
Wanting to trade Farmar
Always wanting to get rid of LO. 

--QFT.

--There's at least one post on every page that says we have point guard issues.
--I think this is only because other "true" point guards always burn us. CP3, DWill, Tony Parker, Nash. We havent really played Rondo alot but he been ballin.
--With the way the current Lakers are set up, I dont think we need a "true" point guard yet. The triangle doesnt call for it, doesnt need it. In Chicago Jordan was the 2 guard obviously but he had dudes like Paxson, Armstrong and Harper running the point. Are these guys in the same "league" as the previous PG's I just mentioned? Hell no. But the triangle and their system of play got it done. And I consider those 3 Bulls to be kinds 2 guards as well. Earlier in the decade we had Harper and Lindsey Hunter and Brian Shaw running the point and again it worked out. Are these guys in the same class as the PG's I previously mentioned? Hell no. Again. But it still worked out for the system.

--We had Fisher and Farmar for the past 2 years. Hmmm..how did that work out. A Finals loss to one of the best defenses that played the game...and an NBA Championship.
--In the triangle, with either Kobe or Lamar or even >gulp< a "garbage" PG DFish handling the ball, everything should and will work out to get the ball into the basket.
--Jordan never had a true PG and had centers like Wennington and Longley. Wow. System system system.

--We dont need anything until something stops working. PG issues after winning a championship? LOL
--I agree though when Kobe and Dfish are long gone and Phil is gone as well we will need a true PG, a dominant one. In the meantime...uh uh.

--Copy and pasted from a few pages back. I think i made this post after goin out clubbun and was till buzzin it.

I don't think anyone was arguing that we need "true point guards" ... we just need someone who can stay in front of the quicker PGs of the league, who have been giving us loads of problems.

CP1708 wrote:
Wanting to trade Farmar
one game doesnt change my opinion of wanting to trade farmar while this bum still has value...oh yehh im still 100% of getting rid sasha even if its for a piece of gum

pimp.gif
Kobe sitting out was the best thing that could happen.  Hopefully this gives him more faith in the guys.  If he can come back in seamlessly I think we'll be close to seeing the team that everyone expected to see.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Bynum injured again?

i think you mistaken this guy for noble
laugh.gif

LOL nah...I know Noble is known for his pessimism around these parts, but i'm pretty sure I've seen Knightingale post some pessimistic stuff from before as well. If that wasn't you, then I apologize for assuming it was you.

Anyway...I just find it wierd....Different strokes for different folks i guess....but in my point of view, our team will be fine. This group has been tested and been through the trenches together before. It's like people expect perfection every damn game....That's impossible. Especially in a season as long as the NBA's. At some point or another, complacency will tend to set in...even more so, coz these guys won last year. It's to be expected. That's why everyone always says, repeating is such a hard task to achieve.

What's important is that our team PEAKS at the right moment. I have complete faith in Phil. He knows how to push the right buttons. Everyone was ready to write us off last year after a so-so 1st round and a 2nd round scare...look where we ended up.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

CP1708 wrote:
Wanting to trade Farmar
one game doesnt change my opinion of wanting to trade farmar while this bum still has value...oh yehh im still 100% of getting rid sasha even if its for a piece of gum
so you going to sit there and act like Big ears ant picked up his play the past 2 months?

Back
Top Bottom