OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

ive really been impressed with the way we played these past 3 games
good way to go into the All-Star break
pimp.gif

hopefully everyone gets healthy during the break so that we're all 100% for the playoffs

5000th post
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Go ahead and take March off Kobe.........

i LOL'd

odom seems to always play well around this time...then again bynum always seems to get hurt during this time as well
ohwell.gif

TheLakers are well represented at this weekend's NBA All-Star
ALLSTAR2010-OGO.JPG
festivities and Lakers.com will be there covering the events.

You can keep track of everything going on with our All-Star Central.

Kobe Bryant's ankle injury will keep him onthe sidelines for the All-Star game, but he'll be in town, passing to Shannon Brown for the DunkContest on Saturday night.

Pau Gasol isin the All-Star game on Sunday for the second straight year as well as the Shooting Stars contest onSaturday.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

lol @ everyone not hating on Farmar or Sasha now that they've been playing better, my how things change after 2 wins, smh.

We shouldn't HAVE to trade anyone honestly. We won the title with 99% of this team last season, the only problem we consistantly have, as mentioned before, is handling the quicker PG's in the league.
1- i still want both of them gone asap. just because theyve played a couple of good games does not make up for the full season last year when they played like trash, and the majority of this season too

2- Sasha, Farmar, Morrisson, Powell did NOTHING to help us win the championship last season though, so i dont see why they should stay on the bench.
i want to see some (if not all) of them traded before the all star break
Who will play back up point if Farmar is gone? I agree on the Sasha thing.

Huge Laker fan...

There is not one isolated problem with the Lakers, sure they are playing well right now, but I want to see what they do when Kobe is back. Will these players like Pau, Lamar, and Farmar go back to playing they were before? I am not really sure how to explain this but before Kobe decided to rest, right after Pau complained about his and Bynums touches, it seemed that Kobe was looking to prove a point. The point that they cannot win without him doing what he does best, score. You could see a couple of the games he played before sitting he wasn't looking to find himself shots "within" the offense, he would pass out of good shooting situations just to prove that the team can't score without him being aggressive. Then when the team was doing fine without him shooting a bunch he started to jack up some threes and long range sgots while being covered. Now I hope I am wrong or the way it seemed was not really what it was all about but I can't help but notice this.

This type of attitude isn't going to work, as a leader he is expected to want to see his teammates do well and even though they, at the time, were not, you don't try and prove anything. You have to go out there and prove yourself wrong. Encourage your guys to take the open shots not scold them before a time-out about how he was open and calling for the ball in the post. Kobe has to pick his battles and talk to his players like a leader.

I hope he is just cranky about and frustrated about his injuries. I hope that when he comes back the rest of the team doesn't shy away from shooting or playing their best and looking for shots just because they think Kobe won't appreciate it.

Bynum
Now with that said, Kobe is great! The role players need to find a balance and play their best ball when he comes back, if you miss a shot don't stop being aggressive! Bynum I think is a larger problem than I originally thought. Its tough for him to get going with rebounds, blocks, rotation on defense if he isn't involved in the offense as much as he wants to be. What he must realize is that he has it backwards, he must hustle on defense, get boards, and blocks to get touches. Not only will he get touches simply by rebounding but his teammates (Kobe) will know he wants it and when he calls for the ball on the block he WILL be rewarded. long story short, he has to prove he wants it bad! I still like him though.

Pau
Seems to me that with bynum out of the lineup Pau is more aggressive, maybe he feels like he can operate better without him on the floor. Maybe we need to go back to adding Lamar in the starting lineup and taking bynum out...I don't know for sure what is needed to be done but it seems like all sign point toward Pau changes to the enforcer when Bynum is away!

Kobe sitting out the all-star game.
pimp.gif

Get that rest.

Glad he's helping out Shannon with the dunk contest tho. He better win that.

Picked up the new SLAM today with Kobe on the cover. The interview with him is nice & long. Like 3 or 4 pages. Lots of veteran players like Grant Hill, good coaches like Greg Poppvich give Kobe some major props.

Also someone mentioned on here that it seems like Kobe has become SLAM's cover boy which it really does look like it 
laugh.gif
The amount of times he's been on the cover of slam the past 2 years is 
laugh.gif
Check the pics I took below, I just went around my pad and dug up all of the past SLAM covers I had lying around my pad and also some other mags where he's on the cover.

Kobe%20SLAM%20Magazines%20001.JPG

Just missing the SLAM cover of him that came out after the Lakers took the chip last year that says "How Ya Like me now" . I had it but it got lost on my way back to SD from Germany.

Other mags and this Laker book which I high recommend any Laker fan picking up:

Kobe%20SLAM%20Magazines%20002.JPG

^
I got that 50 amazing years book.  Read it cover to cover. 
pimp.gif

One can't imagine the jokes that ran thru my mind of other teams tryna put a book together like that. 
roll.gif

Celts could match it, but the Bulls woulda been like one page pre 84, 500 pages of Jordan, and then one page 98-2010. 
laugh.gif

Cavs woulda just been pics from 2003 draft night, a bunch of regular season Lebron photos, and well, that's it. 
Suns woulda been 10 pages of the gorilla, and some empty MVP awards. 
Blazers woulda had a million retread articles on 77 and like 4 pages of nothing else. 
Clippers and Warriors could combine for maybe a page halfa page total.  Maybe. 
laugh.gif

I had a whole buncha stuff runnin thru my mind readin that book.*  It's excellent, everyone needs to grab a copy. 

* If you're a fan of a team I just made fun of, it's just me sayin jokes, don't get mad, or blame other Laker fans, it's all me bein a knucklehead.  Please forgive me.  Friends now? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
CP1708 wrote:

^
pimp.gif

One can't imagine the jokes that ran thru my mind of other teams tryna put a book together like that. 
roll.gif

Celts could match it, but the Bulls woulda been like one page pre 84, 500 pages of Jordan, and then one page 98-2010. 
laugh.gif

Cavs woulda just been pics from 2003 draft night, a bunch of regular season Lebron photos, and well, that's it. 
Blazers woulda had a million retread articles on 77 and like 4 pages of nothing else. 
laugh.gif

I had a whole buncha stuff runnin thru my mind readin that book.*  It's excellent, everyone needs to grab a copy. 

* If you're a fan of a team I just made fun of, it's just me sayin jokes, don't get mad, or blame other Laker fans, it's all me bein a knucklehead.  Please forgive me.  Friends now? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

got the book also .. a must for all laker fans. 2nd that on the Celtics, all others franchises would be 50 page magazines.

pimp.gif
A book I recomend is The Show: The Inside Story of the Spectacular Los Angeles Lakers. Great behind the scene look of the Lakers and why certain players parted ways from the Lakers.

Originally Posted by BOLT55

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
CP1708 wrote:

^
pimp.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
got the book also .. a must for all laker fans. 2nd that on the Celtics, all others franchises would be 50 page magazines. 

--Yup. My bro picked up the book for us also. At Costco. $20 is a steal for that book. Must have.
pimp.gif

Fro B Giant: you and I see things the same right now regarding Kobe and Bynum, definitely.

With Kobe, I've been saying what you said for years, though. It has always seemed to me that he plays games to win AND to prove a point. I feel like at different times, he's had a different point he was trying to prove ALONG with being the fierce competitor he is.

Bynum?
laugh.gif
Buns. Like you said, it just doesn't seem like he wants it. Screw that. When I think of his lack of playing time due to injuries and his apparent cardiac deficiency, I can't help but think of Grant Hill, productive after all these years of injuries, with his youth gone.

If Bynum proceeds to have an injury laden career like Hill has had, Bynum will NOT be productive in his mid-30s for a team. Some might say 'Well that's because Grant is more of a guard ad Bynum is a big man. Big men always fare worse than...' blah, blah, blah. If that were to happen, it wouldn't be because Bynum's a big; it will be because there's a fist-sized hole in his ribcage, right around the same area where Steve Irwin got stingrayed a few years ago.

i hope shannon brown doesnt win the dunk contest. dont need no bum with a big ego right now on this team

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i hope shannon brown doesnt win the dunk contest. dont need no bum with a big ego right now on this team
The guy seems very humble to me.....I def hope he wins

badboyf0life420:
^you think everyone on the laker team is a BUM.

bynum for dejuan blair?
So you saw where that other guy said that about me in the 'Bynum is a chump' thread.

C'mon, man. Get your own material.
tongue.gif

And I've had (and still have) my complaints w/ different guys on the team, but Bynum's the only one I would call a bum.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

pimp.gif
A book I recomend is The Show: The Inside Story of the Spectacular Los Angeles Lakers. Great behind the scene look of the Lakers and why certain players parted ways from the Lakers.

Yup I have it and have read it.

It tell's the real reason why Nick Van Exel was exiled and traded.

Back
Top Bottom