[::Official LA Lakers @ Cleveland Cavs 12/20 5:00pm PT TNT (preview added)::]

cavs are only 7-5 at home, how is that 'every game' when they were 30-11 i think last year at home. they are way off that pace. you guys need to find anew excuse for losing on the road. that was a good game and i was glad to be there a few rows off the floor. crowd came out for kobe tonight, packed house.

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
I see what the Lakers problem is.................................. IT'S KOBE. Why did this stupid idiot launch a three with 10 seconds left? He should of set up Bynum for a dunk, or he should of took a better shot. He was trying to be the hero, trying to hit a game winner over king james and he failed miserably. I think i's safe to say that those Kobe vs Lebron comparisons ended tonight, He is a far superior player than Kobe it's not even funny. The only thing that people said that Kobe had over Bron was his clutch ness.
laugh.gif
Kobe hasnt been clutch since game 4 of the '06 playoffs. His shot is the most inconsistent for a "supposed" superstar Guard, the Lakers are playing 4 on 5 with this punk on the floor.
roll.gif
The Lakers will never go anywhere with this clown!##@ fool as the main star, they need to get rid of him and build around Bynum.

Never.....Post......Again.

Just got back from the game and I come home to 3 pages (at least the last 3 of the thread) of complaining about the officiating. There were bad calls on bothsides Laker fans, wake up.

I didn't even think LeBron played that well for the stat line he put up, jackin up J's and barely hitting any it seemed like. It amazes me he can playOK and still almost put up a triple-double. That being said, and I've thought this for awhile, Kobe's J>>>>>>>LBJ's.

Bynum needs to get in better shape over the next couple years and when he does, he's going to be very solid. Towards the end of the game he looked sluggishcoming down the court and on the boards. You guys have a future center in your hands though...

Kobe and LeBron are the best players in the league, hands down. Every time I see Kobe play in person again I'm reminded of how good the guy is. #24 and #23are the MVPs in my book.

Oh yeah, and Larry Hughes SUCKS. Nice win for Cleveland...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Larry Hughes and Brown are like the Smushes...Ska gonna be wary wary mad.....but hope he makes an exception
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
I see what the Lakers problem is.................................. IT'S KOBE. Why did this stupid idiot launch a three with 10 seconds left? He should of set up Bynum for a dunk, or he should of took a better shot. He was trying to be the hero, trying to hit a game winner over king james and he failed miserably. I think i's safe to say that those Kobe vs Lebron comparisons ended tonight, He is a far superior player than Kobe it's not even funny. The only thing that people said that Kobe had over Bron was his clutch ness.
laugh.gif
Kobe hasnt been clutch since game 4 of the '06 playoffs. His shot is the most inconsistent for a "supposed" superstar Guard, the Lakers are playing 4 on 5 with this punk on the floor.
roll.gif
The Lakers will never go anywhere with this clown!##@ fool as the main star, they need to get rid of him and build around Bynum.

Judging from your past threads you created in regards to blatant hate against the Lakers and USC, your lack of sports knowledge is quite amusing.
Lebronsure showed his superiority in comparison to Kobe against the Knicks last night.
laugh.gif

Just admit it. You're a hater. We get it. Lebron is great. Quite possibly will be succeeding Kobe as best in the league. But like Charles said, Kobe isSuperman and Lebron is tugging on his cape. There's no denying Lebron's talent.

laugh.gif
at you saying that the comparisons end tonight. There isn't evenany comparisons. There shouldn't be any comparisons. They're completely two different players. Both the best at what they do at they're position.You're just as bad as the morons claiming that Kobe > Jordan.

Ah, tough loss.

Can't win them all.

Horrible free throw shooting. Lakers should have put the Cavs away when they had the lead.

Can't blame the Cavs though for winning this game. I mean, the Knicks last night completely punked them. What a better way to redeem themselves by beatinga hot Lakers team right now.

Looking forward to Christmas day against the Suns.
pimp.gif

Cavs were lucky Kobe wasn't 100%.

Much needed win by the Cavaliers.

Let's get GS on Saturday for the season series sweep (again)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Didn't see the game, but

770820ox1.png

OUCH! That's GOTTA hurt your average Kobe extremist.

Forget about that. I'm laughing at the Heat protesting the loss to the Hawks. They trying to do anything to a get W in the win column.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Just got back from the game and I come home to 3 pages (at least the last 3 of the thread) of complaining about the officiating. There were bad calls on both sides Laker fans, wake up.

I didn't even think LeBron played that well for the stat line he put up, jackin up J's and barely hitting any it seemed like. It amazes me he can play OK and still almost put up a triple-double. That being said, and I've thought this for awhile, Kobe's J>>>>>>>LBJ's.

Bynum needs to get in better shape over the next couple years and when he does, he's going to be very solid. Towards the end of the game he looked sluggish coming down the court and on the boards. You guys have a future center in your hands though...

Kobe and LeBron are the best players in the league, hands down. Every time I see Kobe play in person again I'm reminded of how good the guy is. #24 and #23 are the MVPs in my book.

Why can't more cavs fans be this objective? Very nice post

wasnt this just like the game last season in Cleveland? Didnt the Lakers lead that one and then came up short in the end (complete with Kobe missing a gamewinner then too)?

Lakers just gave up too many 2nd chance baskets. And the bench they rely on let them down to begin the 4th and let the Cavs take over the game.

Point blank right now Kobe and Lebron are the two brightest stars in the league right now, with the nodgoing to Kobe for his championship rings and experience. I'm actually more of a Lebron fan personally, but I can't let that blind me to who is the bestplayer is. Lebron will even admit that Kobe has an edge on him, but I kinda like it that way...it gives LBJ something to shoot for insttead of resting on hislaurels.

[table][tr][td] Thank you for voting. See below for the results from across SportsNation.

Your responses in bold text below.

Click here for ESPN.com's complete college football coverage! Vote on all the BCS games Championship Game: Ohio State vs. LSU Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Kansas Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Hawaii Pick every non-BCS bowl game

[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
1) Fifteen seconds left, down by 2. Who do you want with the ball?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]82.9%[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.1%[/td] [td]LeBron James
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
2) Who is the better leader?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]60.9%[/td] [td]LeBron James
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]39.1%[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3) Choose one: Kobe's previous 10 years, or LeBron's next 10 years?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50.5%[/td] [td]LeBron's next 10
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]49.5%[/td] [td]Kobe's previous 10
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
4) Who is the better overall player right now?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]63.3%[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36.7%[/td] [td]LeBron James
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
5) Which player would you rather hang out with?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]67.7%[/td] [td]LeBron James
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32.3%[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
6) Who would win a game of H.O.R.S.E.?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]80.8%[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19.2%[/td] [td]LeBron James
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
7) Who would have more success?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61.6%[/td] [td]LeBron James on the Lakers
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]38.4%[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant on the Cavaliers
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
glasses.gif
If Kobe scores 60 points in the next 15 days he will become the youngest player to reach 20,000 points. Will LeBron take his place in the record books in the future?

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]69.7%[/td] [td]Yes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30.3%[/td] [td]No
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Total Votes: 30,517[/td] [/tr][/table]

BTW, can anybody tell me what Ric Bucher has against Lebron? Comments like this(Bucher: For anyone who plays or coaches or manages in the league -- including LeBron and every other member of theCavs' organization -- this is not even a point of contention. But here's stating the obvious: Kobe.)In regards to who the better player of the two is makes me wonder.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Only SEVEN points off the bench? Wow.

When we were down by two, why didn't Kobe pass to Bynum after Ilgauskas came off the screen for the double team!? He was wide open!

same thing i was thinking

i mean, there are reasons why we call lebron, king james.

i really dont like his game.. dude is not even my top10 fav player.

but lets just face it really. truth hurts but,

lebron james who hasn't even reached his max potential, is better than kobe bryant in his prime which is right now.

Originally Posted by KAPSI1911

Point blank right now Kobe and Lebron are the two brightest stars in the league right now, with the nod going to Kobe for his championship rings and experience. I'm actually more of a Lebron fan personally, but I can't let that blind me to who is the best player is. Lebron will even admit that Kobe has an edge on him, but I kinda like it that way...it gives LBJ something to shoot for insttead of resting on his laurels.

lebron admits that b/c of those 3 rings. you're not going to say you're better when u haven't won. bron is going to say wade/duncan are betterthan him too.

right now, lebron IS the best individual player. this season. right now. this year.

but if you talk about career, he has a long ways to reach kobe.

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

KobeWithTheGameOnTheLine.jpg
roll.gif
classic

everybody shouldnt blame the refs for this loss. blame the lakers for playing like crap. blame kobe for shooting when he shouldnt have. blame the machine fornot showing up. blame phil jackson for his 4th quarter subs...

The loose ball call at the end was BS but we ad plenty of chances to win the game. The Cavs picked up the rebounding and team D late in the 3rd but even thatis to be expected, those are things tah CAvs were good at last season and are capable of doing this season.

It was frustrating seeing all of those potential game winning threes and Andrew's free throws all rim out. What stood out for me though was when the lineup was four reserves and Bynum. When Kobe and Lamar are out of tge game you want AB to at least touch the ball on everyposition, if not take most of theshoots. You run your offense from the inside out, manufacture points and slow the game down so you limit the amount of Kobe-less posessions in the game.

That line up that was on the floor at the end of the 3rd failed at running the offensive and it was abysmal. For nine or 10 poessions they were full of sloppypasses, no attempts to even pass the ball inside and a willingness to throw up contested threes early in the shot clock. Those turnovers and long reboundsreally got the Cavs going offensively and that is what got them back into the game. In the forth, we still had them down by down my 11 and gave up a huge run.If we had taken an 8 or 10 point lead into the 4th and then the starters added to that lead another 11 points, the game would have been over and the Cavs mighthave been broken.

The Cavs were starting to turn up the defensive pressure in the 3rd but that was all the reason more to try to throw crisp passes, execute the offensive andmanufacture points or at least miss shots closer to the basket and not let the Cavs start running.

This game could have been won in somany ways but we let it slip away. I still have to give the Cavs credit, they showed determination to get back into the gameand they showed poise to win this close game. I just wish the Cavs had beaten the Knicks and then let this game be their rock bottom, wake up call loss.

Back
Top Bottom