[::Official LA Lakers @ Cleveland Cavs 12/20 5:00pm PT TNT (preview added)::]

When we were down by two, why didn't Kobe pass to Bynum after Ilgauskas came off the screen for the double team!? He was wide open!
No he wasnt...Sideshow Bob was sitting right there in the paint waiting for the pass

Originally Posted by CP1708

These are the kind of games we lost last year. We should get this win because they did play last night. We have a deeper team, it should be us in this one. That's why I'm so nervous. I hate when the signs point to us.

I pretty much called it right. How the hell did we let this one go???? Damn Lakers.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I agree totally with Rexanglorum.

Very close game which resembled the Lakers-Warriors game last Friday. Lead in the 3rd quarter, close in the last 5 minutes of the game and both teams in ornear the penalty/bonus. The Lakers lost to both the W's and the Cav's in the same fashion.

1.) Took too many jumpers instead of pounding the ball and slowing the pace.
2.) Did not drive to the basket to get easy baskets or fouls to take advantage of the 1 and 1 FT opportunities.
3.) Shot poorly on the free-throw especially at the end of the game.
4.) Poor timing and choice of personnel when substituting.

Overall I'm glad Phil is giving the bench more PT and thus more experience and confidence. The bench is playing well and gaining confidence which will haspaid dividends for themselves and Kobe to trust them. This is the best the play from non-Kobe Lakers in the last 3-4 seasons so things are looking muchbetter. I do think Farmar should be played more at the end of games because of his defensive speed. Phil left Fisher in too long in the Warrior game and itallowed Monta Ellis to create and score with his quickness against a slower Fisher. Farmar would have challenged Ellis better and also forced Ellis to defendhis speed on the other end. Farmar is also developing into a nice offensive option with his open court abilities and timely jumpers.

I do think Phil leaves Kobe resting just about 3-4 minutes too much during the 3rd to 4th quarter transitions and that usually results in the opposing teamcatching-up or extending score-wise. I also agree with the concept of Bynum being the focal point especially when Kobe sits. The should have more pick &roll, screen/roll plays with Bynum and ball handlers. Bynum is simply too long and quick enough to guard in those situations.

Lamar's lack of urgency, killer instinct and overall aggresiveness is wearing thin. With the concept of giving Bynum more touches and Kobe taking shots aswell, Lamar must make better decisions and take better shots when he chooses to shoot. He simply has flat-lined as a player in my opinion. All the size andskill he has remains untapped. I think they should trade him because he has not shown he can significantly affect the game even when healthy.

That call on D-Fish was horsecrap.

But that didn't cost us the game.

Letting Sideshow Bob grab offensive rebound after offensive rebound is one thing to point a finger at.

Bynum missing both of his free throws at the end of the game is another thing to point a finger at.

Kobe jacking up a 3 with 10 seconds left is another thing to point a finger at. Kobe should be able to get to the rim, or at least the pinch post, and make adecision THERE. Jacking up a 3 when we're down 2 with 10 seconds left? I damn near threw my remote.

And on that last one, I am sick and tired of watching the Cavs and the Lakers play each other, because I am getting sick and tired of seeing LeBron get to therim time and time again only for Kobe to answer with jumper after jumper.

Look, I know Kobe is a MUCH better shooter than LeBron. I get that. But he CAN slash and get to the rack. He is a FREAK of an athlete and a very skilledcreator of shots around the basket... SO GO... TO THE EFFING... BASKET.

*breathe*

Let me calm down.

Kobe, the next time you play LeBron, could you please pay attention to how many points he gets around the rim and at the free throw line? Please?

Please?

P.S. Kobe extremists/fans/apologists: I'm not blaming Kobe, so chill with that before you even type it. The Lakers lost, not the Kobes.

I agree ska: When he shot that 3 and then when Fish got that call I about threw my remote also.

I think Kobe should force...excuse me Wade himself in there he'll get the call.

Hopefully tonight and from that game on he does until he can heal and do it normally.

Well since we're being then I truly believe that Leborn Supremacy needs to develop a serious post upgame. I mean if skinny Penny Hardaway had a serious post up game, then I'm sure Bron could be just as effective. Penny used to bring it up the court...passit to the wing...then set up in the post so the wing could pass it into him then do that little funky move and score, or pass to D.Scott who usuallyrepositioned by the 3 point line.

Back
Top Bottom