Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Not going to lie I'm not excited about Nike matching. As I feared the prices of his line would sky rocket. At least him going to UA would have created some sense of normalcy. Now we will have the machine Nike continuing to operate in a de facto monopoly. Only hurting us the consumer by pushing the increased price down.

KD going to UA wouldn't have changed a thing. Nike would still price shoes the same and stay king. I could care less about the business side of his signing. All I want is a good looking shoe and Nike has UA beat in that department. Glad he stayed.

Excited he's back, Nike has no bonafide replacements for the Big 3 quite yet (IMO) however my wallet is sad because of what I will be spending

Last edited:
Mama Durant gonna whoop his *** they're not gonna build the community center in her name. Nike or Durant gonna pay for it now?!

On the real was looking forward to seeing what UA could do. Back to the 7, let's see new colorways.

Negative ghost rider. KD wanted to stay with nike. He was relieved to not make the switch. per espn: View media item 1159282

It's not like he could say "Gee, I wanted to sign with UA but nike matched so I'm stuck" either way I'm probably gonna buy his shoes but I'd rather nike face some more competition so they continue to push the envelope

Analyst Omar Saad, senior managing director of ISI's luxury, apparel and footwear team, who covers all the major brands on Wall Street, said, for Nike, Durant satisfies a niche that makes him different from James, Bryant or the Jordan brand. Durant's signature "KD" shoes generated $175 million at retail this past year, according to SportsOneSource, a market retail tracking firm. Not only was the business on the rise, but one retailing source told ESPN that Nike left plenty of money on the table with Durant's shoe at $125 and relatively limited distribution to stores. Simply raising the price and opening up more channels could make the deal worth it, the source said.

$150 before the new contract... so should we expect lebron or jordan prices? Seems like kobe prices will be the new floor. hoping foams and lebron stay the ceiling.

Last edited:
Leo Chang is up to something. I'm sure even with a $200 shoe the kd model could utilize all the "quote" technology and comfort out of the wazoo. As long as it has a casual appeal to it, folks will line up. Excited for future :nthat:

Leo Chang is up to something. I'm sure even with a $200 shoe the kd model could utilize all the "quote" technology and comfort out of the wazoo. As long as it has a casual appeal to it, folks will line up. Excited for future :nthat:

This. Makes no sense when people try to compare KDs line to Kobe or Brons. Dudes shoes have been relatively cheap and aren't using the high end tech the others are. People say Nike has been doing KD dirty but at those price points I disagree. Folks want the latest tech but turn around and complain about the price being raised. Smh

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the offer KD reps first gave to Nike, so Nike being Nike was probably like go ahead see what you can get.. Then UA step to them with a crazy offer, so Nike was probably shocked by the amount. But to them it's just pocket change.... IMO since he switch to roc nation repping him, dude hasn't renewed a lot of his deals... I know his sprint deal is up and the bbva deal is up also

This. Makes no sense when people try to compare KDs line to Kobe or Brons. Dudes shoes have been relatively cheap and aren't using the high end tech the others are. People say Nike has been doing KD dirty but at those price points I disagree. Folks want the latest tech but turn around and complain about the price being raised. Smh
Mos def. I was alluding to the possibility of a shoe without limitations would feel and look like. It's foolish to compare lines but rather rank them. KD7 > Lebron 12 > Kobe 9

And their cheaper.

The only reason he's staying is because he's legally obligated to now that nike matched. Kd wants to be the man and he isn't with the swoosh

You a nike hater STRAIGHT UP

You been so negative during this whole saga

Kd staying. Get used to it

Let my ***** steph shine at under armour

Great day my birthday and kd re signs
smile.gif
Happy Birthday! 
smile.gif

Well someone posted three CW descriptions for October. Maybe now that it's all but official that KD's staying, people who had early cops/inside info will post up some pics.

Back
Top Bottom