Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
A bit surprised that Nike matched the UA offer.

To be honest I was a bit conflicted about it.  I wouldn't have mind if KD went to UA just to see what they could've done with a player of his caliber and with his line overall, but on the other hand I really like the VIIs and was anxious about what Nike would've done with them going forward.

I guess the hit they would've taken by one of their "BIg 3" jumping ship to another company right in the midst of the promotion and release of his current sig model was too much.

As for how this affects the KD line price increases for future KD sigs seem inevitable, but incremental price hikes have been with Big 3 sigs going on for the last few years. Nike will probably expand the KD line even more to recoup some of their investment.

I know LeBron is ecstatic about KD's new deal

He was probably like this when he heard

He can cash out with Nike when his next contract is up. Especially when you factor in the retro possibilities with the LeBron line.

You a nike hater STRAIGHT UP

You been so negative during this whole saga

Kd staying. Get used to it

Let my ***** steph shine at under armour
I'm not a nike hater. My favorite shoe is the Kobe 8. I just want nike to have real competition

Or June
laugh.gif
lol. naw thats when then what the kd 7 is going to come out :smile:

pretty excited he is staying.. cant wait to see the christmas and asg colorways.. really like the 7.. only color way i really liked so far is GG.. but plan on copping a lot more then i did the 6.

I'm pretty sure the sales numbers are for the FY ending this past June.  But considering how many more people are into the KD7 than the KD6, I don't think 225-250 million is out of the question for this year, based on the hike to $150 alone.  I don't see the need for it to go up beyond that for a couple of years (at least) if the sales of the KD7 can bring in that much.

I'm pretty happy more 7s are coming, though.

I'm pretty sure the sales numbers are for the FY ending this past June.  But considering how many more people are into the KD7 than the KD6, I don't think 225-250 million is out of the question for this year, based on the hike to $150 alone.  I don't see the need for it to go up beyond that for a couple of years (at least) if the sales of the KD7 can bring in that much.

I'm pretty happy more 7s are coming, though.
Fiscal year ends September 30th for 2014 it started on October 1st . I think he easily did 200 million + in that time.

I'm shocked that Nike feels Kevin durant is worth that much money. What are they gonna give lebron then? Half a billion?

I'm shocked that Nike feels Kevin durant is worth that much money. What are they gonna give lebron then? Half a billion?
laugh.gif
 his contract probably won't be for 10 years though. But man, his per year is looking to be something wonderful

Man forget kobe and lebron. Ever since the kd vii was released im looking more forward to kd line and im more of a kobe and lebron fan than kd

Man forget kobe and lebron. Ever since the kd vii was released im looking more forward to kd line and im more of a kobe and lebron fan than kd
The VII does look like more a complete shoe (looks and performance wise) compared to the Kobe IX. I still don't have a pair yet so I'm talking all out of my *** right now.

Last edited:
KD and Nike trolled the **** out of UA (and the rest of the world) [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

KD knew damn well he wasn't leaving and Nike knew damn well they wasn't going let him [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

KD and Nike trolled the **** out of UA (and the rest of the world) [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

KD knew damn well he wasn't leaving and Nike knew damn well they wasn't going let him [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I hope that they would be above that level of mind games, but it is the ultimate "Sonning Him" move. UA was feeling themselves, and out of nowhere, Nike comes through and bust their bubble. The same thing happened with Blake. UA had him, and at the last minute Nike swooped in. And for good measure, Blake brings DeAndre to the brand.

UA really wanted the NFL contract, but yet again, Nike crapped all over their offer and stopped the bidding before it even started. They finally join the big boys and make a big boy offer, but old Nike strikes again and shows them that "your money isn't long enough". That burn! :x :x :smh:

Supposedly, they even had to overpay for Curry. I personally think that UA is playing with fire. Nike and Adidas can gives these crazy contracts (Rose, Rubio) since they have a greater global share and can PAY for visibility and "throw" money around. UA has to hit, they need to move units. They don't want to get Reebok'ed trying to go dollar for dollar with Nike.

Even with kd nike wasnt gonna get competition from them.

Adidas cant even compete with them what makes you think ua would?

1. Adidas and nike do compete
2. UA with kd makes them a legit player in the bball market. 2nd best player who's probably the most popular in terms of fan appeal

Back
Top Bottom