Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

Always gonna be a fan of those rare flashy and1 type of point guards that still bust yo ______ sss

seriously dude is a star in the making
What is your definition of STAR?

f1xnvd.jpg

happy.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

He's been playing great over this stretch and I'm happy he's making my team play better. He's not great but he's what our team needed badly BUT the media is gonna make me hate him in the next month or two

he's not great yet 3 GS in....but I think he's got a chance to be bc he does so many things well on both offense and defense..
from two years ago...the only guy(Ed Weiland) who came out and said he might be a star in the league.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487 

[h2]NBA Draft Preview 2010: Jeremy Lin, G Harvard[/h2]by Ed Weiland
Any team looking to find a starting PG in the 2010 NBA draft had best win the lottery and get the top pick. A year after the legendary PG draft of 2009, the pickings for playmakers are going to be thin. That doesn’t mean there won’t be a player or two who surprise the experts though.

The best candidate to pull off such a surprise might be Harvard’s Jeremy Lin. The reason is two numbers Lin posted, 2-point FG pct and RSB40. Lin was at .598 and 9.7. This is impressive on both counts. These numbers show NBA athleticism better than any other, because a high score in both shows dominance at the college level on both ends of the court. Here is a list of recent college PGs who topped .540 and 9.0:
[table][tr][td]Player[/td][td]
2 pt pct.
[/td][td]
3 pt pct
[/td][td]
P40
[/td][td]
A40
[/td][td]
A/TO
[/td][td]
RSB40
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andre Miller[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Penny Hardaway[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steve Francis[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gary Payton[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Kidd[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rajon Rondo[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Greg Grant[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bobby Dixon[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]George Hill[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jeremy Lin[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Bobby Dixon, you ask? He played at Troy from 2003-06. Dixon was listed at 5’10

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

He's been playing great over this stretch and I'm happy he's making my team play better. He's not great but he's what our team needed badly BUT the media is gonna make me hate him in the next month or two

he's not great yet 3 GS in....but I think he's got a chance to be bc he does so many things well on both offense and defense..
from two years ago...the only guy(Ed Weiland) who came out and said he might be a star in the league.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487 

[h2]NBA Draft Preview 2010: Jeremy Lin, G Harvard[/h2]by Ed Weiland
Any team looking to find a starting PG in the 2010 NBA draft had best win the lottery and get the top pick. A year after the legendary PG draft of 2009, the pickings for playmakers are going to be thin. That doesn’t mean there won’t be a player or two who surprise the experts though.

The best candidate to pull off such a surprise might be Harvard’s Jeremy Lin. The reason is two numbers Lin posted, 2-point FG pct and RSB40. Lin was at .598 and 9.7. This is impressive on both counts. These numbers show NBA athleticism better than any other, because a high score in both shows dominance at the college level on both ends of the court. Here is a list of recent college PGs who topped .540 and 9.0:
[table][tr][td]Player[/td][td]
2 pt pct.
[/td][td]
3 pt pct
[/td][td]
P40
[/td][td]
A40
[/td][td]
A/TO
[/td][td]
RSB40
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andre Miller[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Penny Hardaway[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steve Francis[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gary Payton[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Kidd[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rajon Rondo[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Greg Grant[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bobby Dixon[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]George Hill[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jeremy Lin[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Bobby Dixon, you ask? He played at Troy from 2003-06. Dixon was listed at 5’10

Originally Posted by amel223

Not understanding the John Stockton comparisons. Lin's style is more comparable to scoring type point guards like Rose, Westbrook. Lin does a lot of slashing to the basket and finishing it himself. Stockton was as traditional a pg as it comes.

eek.gif
You kats get mad as %+## when we mention Westbrook in the same sentence as Rose and now you want to throw Lin in there? Rose and Westbrook get to the cup without having to have a screen every single time.

Originally Posted by amel223

Not understanding the John Stockton comparisons. Lin's style is more comparable to scoring type point guards like Rose, Westbrook. Lin does a lot of slashing to the basket and finishing it himself. Stockton was as traditional a pg as it comes.

eek.gif
You kats get mad as %+## when we mention Westbrook in the same sentence as Rose and now you want to throw Lin in there? Rose and Westbrook get to the cup without having to have a screen every single time.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Lin's story has been a breath of fresh air. The league got saved by Lin as well. It seems like we all forgot about the lockout. Look for Stern to pull some strings in favor of the Knicks.

And you wonder why the warrior fans on here laugh at your post
laugh.gif

Lin's story has been a breath of fresh air. The league got saved by Lin as well. It seems like we all forgot about the lockout. Look for Stern to pull some strings in favor of the Knicks.

laugh.gif

some of yall proving my point and you dont even realize it. I brought up Flip Murray because in his first 11 games he went off just like this. Some of you said by the end of the season he was averaging 12 points. Hello guess who came back in Ray Allen, in NY you have Amare and Melo. The NBA is just like any other place all about politics. Do I think Lin is good yes i do, do I wanna see him succeed yes I do, but I dont make forgone conclusion off 4 games. There are a lot of players in this league who go on a streak you love them, and as soon as they struggle you call him a bum

some of yall proving my point and you dont even realize it. I brought up Flip Murray because in his first 11 games he went off just like this. Some of you said by the end of the season he was averaging 12 points. Hello guess who came back in Ray Allen, in NY you have Amare and Melo. The NBA is just like any other place all about politics. Do I think Lin is good yes i do, do I wanna see him succeed yes I do, but I dont make forgone conclusion off 4 games. There are a lot of players in this league who go on a streak you love them, and as soon as they struggle you call him a bum

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif

no big deal I just take it and brush it off.
grin.gif
I'll go slurp in the corner.
tired.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom