Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Rofl that git has me dying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by amel223

Not understanding the John Stockton comparisons. Lin's style is more comparable to scoring type point guards like Rose, Westbrook. Lin does a lot of slashing to the basket and finishing it himself. Stockton was as traditional a pg as it comes.

eek.gif
You kats get mad as %+## when we mention Westbrook in the same sentence as Rose and now you want to throw Lin in there? Rose and Westbrook get to the cup without having to have a screen every single time.
You're definitely taking my post the wrong way.  Never said Lin was on Westbrook and Rose's level. 
Spoiler [+]
However if Lin continues to play like this indefinitely then I would have to reconsider it

I'm just saying that Stockton was a pure point guard in the strictest definition of the position.  Lin, like many many point guards in the NBA is a very offensive minded point guard with slashing ability.  That's all.  Lin didn't even play much 1 in college.  He played a lot of 2.  His scoring ability wasn't what surprised me this week (just the amount he 's been scoring) but his court vision was what surprised me. 

oh and this
Rose and Westbrook get to the cup without having to have a screen every single time.
  Why are you telling me this like I wouldn't know?  You do see my avy right?  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by amel223

Not understanding the John Stockton comparisons. Lin's style is more comparable to scoring type point guards like Rose, Westbrook. Lin does a lot of slashing to the basket and finishing it himself. Stockton was as traditional a pg as it comes.

eek.gif
You kats get mad as %+## when we mention Westbrook in the same sentence as Rose and now you want to throw Lin in there? Rose and Westbrook get to the cup without having to have a screen every single time.
You're definitely taking my post the wrong way.  Never said Lin was on Westbrook and Rose's level. 
Spoiler [+]
However if Lin continues to play like this indefinitely then I would have to reconsider it

I'm just saying that Stockton was a pure point guard in the strictest definition of the position.  Lin, like many many point guards in the NBA is a very offensive minded point guard with slashing ability.  That's all.  Lin didn't even play much 1 in college.  He played a lot of 2.  His scoring ability wasn't what surprised me this week (just the amount he 's been scoring) but his court vision was what surprised me. 

oh and this
Rose and Westbrook get to the cup without having to have a screen every single time.
  Why are you telling me this like I wouldn't know?  You do see my avy right?  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

some ppl r ODing.

Somebody quote me...nobody will be talking about this guy in April.
How are people ODing? Who else has posted 27-8-4 in their first 5 big minute games?

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

some ppl r ODing.

Somebody quote me...nobody will be talking about this guy in April.
How are people ODing? Who else has posted 27-8-4 in their first 5 big minute games?

Another game choked away by the Wolves, Rubio did a great job on Lin tonight but you could tell Lin was tired, he had no elevation when he drove to the basket. I'd say Lin is the real deal after tonights performance.

Another game choked away by the Wolves, Rubio did a great job on Lin tonight but you could tell Lin was tired, he had no elevation when he drove to the basket. I'd say Lin is the real deal after tonights performance.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

8 for 22 tonight

Linsanity finally has stop lol
Kids played so many games within a week. His FG% is gonna go down...Still 20/6/7 with 3 steals.

Many T/Os though.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

8 for 22 tonight

Linsanity finally has stop lol
Kids played so many games within a week. His FG% is gonna go down...Still 20/6/7 with 3 steals.

Many T/Os though.

Lin had 20pts 8asts 6rebs and looked like a corpse out there. Poor shooting night but, judging by the 4th quarter I watched, they were good looks that he might have made had D'antoni not played him 40mins four games in a row.

Lin had 20pts 8asts 6rebs and looked like a corpse out there. Poor shooting night but, judging by the 4th quarter I watched, they were good looks that he might have made had D'antoni not played him 40mins four games in a row.

Back
Top Bottom