+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Since you're new here and all I'll explain. I reported you.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the blueprint became even cooler to me once i saw the inspiration for it.  I made a thread about it a few years ago on here

tumblr_lwz398gbfA1qjk4slo1_500.jpg

It's from a book by a photographer, Jocelyn Bain Hogg called The Firm

Gangster Dave Courtney named Dodgy (cunning, resourceful) meeting with students at Oxford University. On the table you can see "an instrument of labor."

A series of photographs presented here Jocelin Bain Hogg (Jocelyn Bain Hogg) is called The Firm. Firm – is a large criminal group from the London East End. The pictures show a real British gangster.
In 2007, an exhibition of these works in Moscow. On its opening Hogg had brought one of the bandits and made a master-class on the topic: how to survive shooting mobsters.

You can see more of the photos here http://oddstuffmagazine.com/weekday-english-criminal-30-pics.html
Props on this never knew!!!

And 
eek.gif
 at where Jay debuted his album cover. That's kind of nuts...

What was yall favorite Hov album art?

I think I have to go with the blacked out TBA. The limited one that dropped on Black Friday with G-Unit's Beg For Mercy

Best pic I could find without taking a pic of mine
Only because of the BC3's doeee
the blueprint became even cooler to me once i saw the inspiration for it.  I made a thread about it a few years ago on here

tumblr_lwz398gbfA1qjk4slo1_500.jpg

It's from a book by a photographer, Jocelyn Bain Hogg called The Firm

Gangster Dave Courtney named Dodgy (cunning, resourceful) meeting with students at Oxford University. On the table you can see "an instrument of labor."

A series of photographs presented here Jocelin Bain Hogg (Jocelyn Bain Hogg) is called The Firm. Firm – is a large criminal group from the London East End. The pictures show a real British gangster.
In 2007, an exhibition of these works in Moscow. On its opening Hogg had brought one of the bandits and made a master-class on the topic: how to survive shooting mobsters.

You can see more of the photos here http://oddstuffmagazine.com/weekday-english-criminal-30-pics.html
I remember that thread, only reason I know about it now
laugh.gif

See what I'm saying...these dudes pick and choose what they want to put out there. 

Completely ignoring the entire picture. 

There is no entire picture :lol:

Its a picture drawn by a catholic to mean something the equivalent to the Ying Yang symbol

Just cause some satanist took it to mean something else doesnt take away from the ORIGINAL MEANING BY THE ACTUAL PERSON WHO CREATED IT

You do know the upside down cross is the sign of St Peter right? And is used by the Catholic Church every sunday?

Of course you dont

Back to Jay Z

anyone feel like theres no real hype behind this project

You serious bro? Billions of people are tapping their fingers anxiously waiting for this album to be released without even having heard a single snippet of it.

The dude has his album inside of a museum before its even released.

He's platinum before we even hear it.

How much more hype can an album with 0 singles have? :lol:

Last edited:
You serious bro? Billions of people are tapping their fingers anxiously waiting for this album to be released without even having heard a single snippet of it.

The dude has his album inside of a museum before its even released.

He's platinum before we even hear it.

How much more hype can an album with 0 singles have? :lol:

That's just great marketing, doesn't mean that people are hyped about his album, outside of this thread I'm not hearing much talk...

I understand what you mean. But I got all kinds of friends who've never been on Niketalk a day in their lives constantly texting me asking if Jay's album has leaked yet. :lol:

anyone feel like theres no real hype behind this project

Even though Hype is irrelevant when it comes to Jay-Z, there seems to be little hype behind this project. It seems like it's going to be one of those projects that just drops, then word of mouth spreads it.

He does have the ads on youtube, and commericals though. I just don't hear many people/hip hop fans talking about this album, considering it drops tonight.

Regardless, I'm anticipating it.

it's crazy how this album release just pops out of nowhere, we need more artists to do this. hope it's better than BP3.

Is it safe to say were getting 2 extra tracks with the album tonight with "Somewhereinamerica" and "Crown" not on the original tracklist?
JAY-SIA-450x332.jpg

jay-z-crown-lyrics-450x564.jpg

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Jay hangin' wit' Yeezus way too much. Now Donda influencing the album cover..

Props for having the cover art being placed right next to the actual Magna Carta.

I asked my mom do you think he paid to get in there..she hit me with the camron face and said of course haha
And assuming he did pay, the fact that they accepted his offer is amazing in itself.
Why? It's a museum.  They need all the funding they can get.  And if he's gonna write a check for a couple of hundred stacks for a month long semi related art display that will bring even more attention and attract more visitors why wouldn't they welcome it?

It's a win win.  90% of the people in this thread didn't know that place existed until a couple hours ago.  Chances are some of you are going to visit there if you ever make it over to GB. 

Jay essentially paid them for the right to advertise them.

Back
Top Bottom