+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Yeah, he did the security thing in Detroit during N's in Paris, did the same thing during WTT. I was already on the floor, so not sure how many people moved. But at one point he told people to get on their chairs, and the jerks in front of us stood on their chairs the ENTIRE Show.

Did it at my show too, I thought it was dope. I fell off my chair too it folded in while I was standing on it, landed on my feet though

You guys who keep saying Kanye is GOAT/better performer than Jay are straight fools...dude is an ignorant *** metro sexual who needs ghostwriters for every damn album now, its a shame what hypebeastin has come to.
You obviously haven't seen Ye live then, like the dude above said, they're not even in the same level. And, IMO, I think it's Jay that needs a ghostwriter not Kanye, especially after listening to his lyrics on MCHG.
Bless your heart. 

Does jay have an opening act? 

Really not trying to wait for an 1hr+ with nothing going on

I'm thinking of going to the DC show tonight (last min). Is it worth it to pay for nose bleeds? And does it matter what section of the nose bleeds?

I'm thinking of going to the DC show tonight (last min). Is it worth it to pay for nose bleeds? And does it matter what section of the nose bleeds?
I'll be at the show in DC tonight.  What section would your tickets be in??  To answer your question, it's more so the attitude that you have going into the show.  Shouldn't really matter for the most part where your seats are (unless you're sitting completely behind the stage
laugh.gif
).  If you go to the show thinking or wanting to have a good time to enjoy yourself then you will, if not then you won't....nose bleed or no nose bleed.

I'm checking ticketmaster, stubhub and craigslist and everything is ridiculously priced. I dont think i'll be able to get a good price for decent seats so I was wondering if it's just easier to buy section 400s from ticketmaster for face value. Or do you know of any place to get good seat for a decent price?

I'm checking ticketmaster, stubhub and craigslist and everything is ridiculously priced. I dont think i'll be able to get a good price for decent seats so I was wondering if it's just easier to buy section 400s from ticketmaster for face value. Or do you know of any place to get good seat for a decent price?
Gotcha.  At this point, stubhub would probably be your best bet.  Try to reach out to the sellers and talk them down on the price if they reach back out to you.  Make an offer under the price they are offering and go from there.  Also, you can try to get tickets from scalpers at the venue tonight as I'm sure they will be at Verizon Center walking around. 

check ebay even at buy it now price send the seller message and bring down the price by offering payment via paypal

Yo the show was live as hell. Hova the god killed it. This my.second time seeing him and once again, he did not disappoint. I love when he interacted with the crowd. There was a dude there with a Reasonable Doubt vinyl and Jay signed it for him. He gave his towel to a shawty in the front. An showed love to a dude in a wheelchair and blind dude in the building. ****** awesome.

My only gripe was the fake *** fans in the building. I was standing up the whole show and rappin along to every track. Never sat down once. The people around me was busier taking selfies and making videos. Periodically sitting down. How the **** you sittin down and 99 Problems is bumpin?!?! When he did Dead Presidents he did the first verse pretty much acapella and I swear I was the only one in my section that KNEW the words. :smh:

An he told security to stand down so.I definitely moved up from my original seat. All in all the show was too dope. I hope Hov has at least one mire tour in him because I would definitely see him again.

Last edited:
Yo the show was live as hell. Hova the god killed it. This my.second time seeing him and once again, he did not disappoint. I love when he interacted with the crowd. There was a dude there with a Reasonable Doubt vinyl and Jay signed it for him. He gave his towel to a shawty in the front. An showed love to a dude in a wheelchair and blind dude in the building. ****** awesome.

My only gripe was the fake *** fans in the building. I was standing up the whole show and rappin along to every track. Never sat down once. The people around me was busier taking selfies and making videos. Periodically sitting down. How the **** you sittin down and 99 Problems is bumpin?!?! When he did Dead Presidents he did the first verse pretty much acapella and I swear I was the only one in my section that KNEW the words.
mean.gif

An he told security to stand down so.I definitely moved up from my original seat. All in all the show was too dope. I hope Hov has at least one mire tour in him because I would definitely see him again.
I really hope he does a small venue tour something so we can weed out those people. Even if the prices are through the roof I wouldnt mind it. Something like when he did Carnagie Hall would be nice, and if I'm being really particular, I would love to see another MTV Unplugged type of show from him. Something so small that he could deviate from the hits and give us stuff that we would never hear.

If I ever heard Soon You'll Understand live....

I agree with you on this. I saw him at the Warner Theatre here in DC. An it was a much more intimate setting. He even gave out champagne to people in the front row. I was towards the back but since the venue was so small you could see everything perfectly, and the ticket was about $100. The audience was definitely more live as well. It felt more like a big *** party than a concert.

Last edited:

My only gripe was the fake *** fans in the building. I was standing up the whole show and rappin along to every track. Never sat down once. The people around me was busier taking selfies and making videos. Periodically sitting down. How the **** you sittin down and 99 Problems is bumpin?!?! When he did Dead Presidents he did the first verse pretty much acapella and I swear I was the only one in my section that KNEW the words. :smh:

I was there last night too champ. We represented......

My only gripe was the fake *** fans in the building. I was standing up the whole show and rappin along to every track. Never sat down once. The people around me was busier taking selfies and making videos. Periodically sitting down. How the **** you sittin down and 99 Problems is bumpin?!?! When he did Dead Presidents he did the first verse pretty much acapella and I swear I was the only one in my section that KNEW the words.
mean.gif

<>
I really hope he does a small venue tour something so we can weed out those people. Even if the prices are through the roof I wouldnt mind it. Something like when he did Carnagie Hall would be nice, and if I'm being really particular, I would love to see another MTV Unplugged type of show from him. Something so small that he could deviate from the hits and give us stuff that we would never hear.

The issue becomes that the fans who know every lyric are the ones who will not be able to afford to go; a smaller venue would just enable a more affluent crowd, who the majority are not fans but are just going to see a "popular music" concert 

I have read some reviews and they said that at some point in the show, he tells security to "stand down" and allow people in some of the cheaper seats to move forward. Is this true?

At the Charlotte show I went to he told them to stand down and told everyone they could stand/dance in the isles or their seats if they wanted to.

It was more like **** the man you can wild out if you want...it's on me (The Fire Marshall fine) Nothing to do with cheap seats.

i'd love to see jay do a small venue show & do straight gems that he never performs live. my only complaint about his shows is that he typically sticks to a very similar set list in terms of the same singles he always does (i get why though). granted, he's always good for a couple rare tracks here & there, but i could only imagine seeing a full show of that :wow:

his stadium / arena shows are still fun though... seen him 4x & had a blast at each one.

If Jay performed Sunshine with Babyface and Foxy :pimp:

Murdergram with X and Ja :pimp: :pimp:

J**** What J**** Who with Amil and Jaz-O :wow: :wow: :wow:

The issue becomes that the fans who know every lyric are the ones who will not be able to afford to go; a smaller venue would just enable a more affluent crowd, who the majority are not fans but are just going to see a "popular music" concert 
I think it could work. Make the tickets like 300 retail, that will weed out most of it was people. The people who really want to go better be prepared to spend at least 3,in most cases more cause resale is always murder. I would spend the money

attended the show in toronto last night. it was alright. best moment was when he asked the audience the result of the raptors vs. nets game. the look on his face was priceless! best merch item was the F*ckwithme youknowigotit scarf. $40 though
mean.gif
i still caved and bought it
embarassed.gif

attended the show in toronto last night. it was alright. best moment was when he asked the audience the result of the raptors vs. nets game. the look on his face was priceless! best merch item was the F*ckwithme youknowigotit scarf. $40 though
mean.gif
i still caved and bought it
embarassed.gif
I'm still kicking myself for not buying that scarf 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

attended the show in toronto last night. it was alright. best moment was when he asked the audience the result of the raptors vs. nets game. the look on his face was priceless! best merch item was the F*ckwithme youknowigotit scarf. $40 though :smh: i still caved and bought it :wow:

really? i thought he had the crowd at ACC moving all night...you're spot on with his reaction to the raps/nets game, especially now knowing how it all went down at the end lol...jay signing Decoded and that young kids celly were the touches in his shows i love, that and hearing the older stuff with a live band...highlight was the Roc Boys solo sets for me

Back
Top Bottom