+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

I just wasnt really impressed. No special guests, no opening acts. Played for 1.5 hours and that was it. Arena wasn't even sold out. Just seemed like a bleh concert
Wasn't sold out? Pretty shocking since it's an L.A. show. What % was it? He has another show out here (L.A.) on Monday! Sure they'll be a better show.

I just wasnt really impressed. No special guests, no opening acts. Played for 1.5 hours and that was it. Arena wasn't even sold out. Just seemed like a bleh concert
Wasn't sold out? Pretty shocking since it's an L.A. show. What % was it? He has another show out here (L.A.) on Monday! Sure they'll be a better show.

sorry but anaheim isn't la.... i live in orange county at 10 minutes away from anaheim. but whenever there's a concert, i will always go to staples / nokia / rose bowl / la venue over an orange county venue. why? because even the performers know staples / nokia / rose bowl are "big" venues in name over orange county venues.

i had tickets for jay tomorrow at staples but i sold them. but i dont even expect the jay concert to be even really all that big. he already came through with justin in the summer. PLUS you had drake come through. yeezy and timberlake too. not to mention you have 2 holiday concerts. one happened on friday (possibly why anaheim wasn't sold out). and another one coming up this weekend. los angeles really got a heavy dose of concert the second half of the year and jay is the last solo act to come through... most people pretty much had their concert fill

Last edited:
I had the chance to see him last night in San Diego but I declined. It was just weird to me he was performing down here since it was his first time and plus the venue sucks since it's a really old arena. I rather see him in LA.

Totally agree with you on this...the show was way too short...but it was my first time seeing HOV so I still had a good time.

No guests? No opening acts? 

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

I dont need a bunch of people who I dont want to see watering down my Jay Z concert

damn nobody in here seems like they even care now lol I'm too hype for the Houston show and I've already seen him twice

damn nobody in here seems like they even care now lol I'm too hype for the Houston show and I've already seen him twice
going to the houston show as well. hope its good. havent seen him in concert before 
frown.gif

Last edited:
If you haven't seen him before, you should enjoy the show. Dude is still a good performer and it's always a good time. I've seen him for 4 different shows now, not including this tour.... Still the first time I saw him for home and home has not been topped.

Him opening up with the dynasty intro was entirely too dope, and then when he did guess who's back! Best first concert I could have possibly gone to.

If you haven't seen him before, you should enjoy the show. Dude is still a good performer and it's always a good time. I've seen him for 4 different shows now, not including this tour.... Still the first time I saw him for home and home has not been topped.

Him opening up with the dynasty intro was entirely too dope, and then when he did guess who's back! Best first concert I could have possibly gone to.

this was amazing... never thought i'd see him do this track live. it sounded great with the band too.

the thing about hov shows is he usually does the same singles... however he'll throw in a few gems here & there that are always appreciated :smokin

Caught his show last night. I really didnt know what to expect since it was my first time seeing him live and man... it was so sick! No hype man, no back up dancers, no back up vocals.. Just Hov decimating the stage. Oh having Timbo was nice surprise too .Wasnt expecting that at all.

But throughly entertained and it was money well spent

I have floor seats on January 12th at the Barclays center..lookin forward to it..it's Brooklyn so I'm sure he got some crazy stuff goin on that night

I saw Ye and Hov on the Watch the Throne tour and I was amazed at the show..so crazy :pimp:

Jay dolo is a somewhat boring concert, IMO. I'd probably still jump at the chance to go because, well, it's Jay. But I'd be lying if I said I was impressed when I saw him. It was more of a seeing a mythical creature type feel than a rockin' concert, if that makes sense. :lol:

I've seen Jay on four different occasions (One being with JT, Other being Yankee Stadium) boring is the last thing i would call his shows... he's not a person who's gonna be jumping all around the stage but his control over the crowd and interaction is A1... Not to mention his band takes plenty of songs to another level.

Caught his show last night. I really didnt know what to expect since it was my first time seeing him live and man... it was so sick! No hype man, no back up dancers, no back up vocals.. Just Hov decimating the stage. Oh having Timbo was nice surprise too .Wasnt expecting that at all.

But throughly entertained and it was money well spent

This is exactly what I was wanting. I'll be seeing Hov in San Antonio on the 20th thanks to the wifey. I'm expecting a 75% filled AT&T Center and me just thoroughly enjoying seeing Hov perform live solo dolo :pimp:

Last edited:
I've seen Jay on four different occasions (One being with JT, Other being Yankee Stadium) boring is the last thing i would call his shows... he's not a person who's gonna be jumping all around the stage but his control over the crowd and interaction is A1... Not to mention his band takes plenty of songs to another level.

Yeah when I saw him, he had no band. Just him and instrumentals. Maybe that's why it was a mediocre show. This was also before he was the Jay-Z he is now, so he didn't have near the clout, hits and hype he has now.

Yeah when I saw him, he had no band. Just him and instrumentals. Maybe that's why it was a mediocre show. This was also before he was the Jay-Z he is now, so he didn't have near the clout, hits and hype he has now.

how long ago did you see him? '97?

^ close. :lol:

Saw him in '99 on the Hard Knock Life tour in Detroit. After the mad animated and amped opening acts of Red & Meth and then DMX, I guess Jay was bound to be boring. The only memorable part of his set was when X came out from the back for Money, Cash, ****.

Maybe I'll give him another chance though, because like I said, following up those dudes at that stage in their careers would be tough for anyone.

^
laugh.gif

i went to that tour way back too.  I vividly remember Red and Meth throwing water on the people in the front row because they were too busy trying to look

good instead of getting hype

:lol: Sounds about right for those dudes. Honestly, besides Busta Rhymes, I don't think I've seen a more entertaining set than Red & Meth.

When they came out bungee corded up and did How High while out in the air above the crowd? **** was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Woah if that was the last time you saw him then yea i would def say give it another shot... he himself said his performance was lacking early in his career as of today Rollingstone has him ranked top 5 best performers ever :smokin

The energy he brings to an arena without having to be energized himself is something very few could do. And u don't know live is AMAZING

No guests? No opening acts? 

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

I dont need a bunch of people who I dont want to see watering down my Jay Z concert

i prefer opening acts to build up to the main event. sometimes they suck, and the headliner will top it to make it that much better.

or

sometimes they'll be just as good as the headliner and the whole show is just live the whole time [ Kanye's Glow In The Dark Tour :smokin ]

going to tonight's show.. floor seats. can't wait :smokin bumpin' jay z tracks at work right now. seen HOV two times already [blueprint 3 tour and WTT].

Back
Top Bottom