+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Why does NT hate Swizz so much? Just cuz he talks a lot or does hooks? It's not that serious.

^Cause in terms of the actual sound of his beats instead of where they may be on the charts. Every once in awhile he shocks people with a good recent beat, but he's still living off peak Ruff Ryders beats. A lot of other producers considered great have just had more consistency than him. It's like he stepped in the league and immediately won a ring, then gets swept out the first round for multiple years, then finally makes it back to the second round.

Last edited:
^Cause in terms of the actual sound of his beats instead of where they may be on the charts. Every once in awhile he shocks people with a good recent beat, but he's still living off peak Ruff Ryders beats. A lot of other producers considered great have just had more consistency than him. It's like he stepped in the league and immediately won a ring, then gets swept out the first round for multiple years, then finally makes it back to the second round.

swizz beatz been winning for a long time thou...LONG time b

if its a hit record, i frankly dont care how NTers feel about it..its not like these folks actually go out.

for example, i remember when french montana dropped pop that, you could hear a cricket drop in da music forum..outside in da real world though? smaaaaash hit.

Last edited:
that article starts off by saying that Nobody cares about the music yet the whole entire campaign is dedicated to improving the music.... he's comparing an ENTERTAINER to Bankers? the entire first half of the article sounds like once again someone being upset with Jay-z position.

what does he want the man to do simply release music for free so Everyone else can make profit off it? he has put in all the work, it's his art, yet HE shouldn't profit off of it?

I'm hype for this. The last Jay-Z album to have a strange promotional campaign with stuff like specific producers and Rick Rubin's magic touch was The Black Album which is the best Jay album so...

I just don't understand why people keep saying that Jay is mad about it. I don't get that from the tweet at all. It seems like this would fall right in line with the whole #newrules movement he's pushing.

Thats one thing I did want to question and I am glad you mentioned it. Where did the author get the fact that he was mad?! If like you said its from what he tweeted then I never got the sense that he was mad at all.

that article starts off by saying that Nobody cares about the music yet the whole entire campaign is dedicated to improving the music.... he's comparing an ENTERTAINER to Bankers? the entire first half of the article sounds like once again someone being upset with Jay-z position.

what does he want the man to do simply release music for free so Everyone else can make profit off it? he has put in all the work, it's his art, yet HE shouldn't profit off of it?
i think it was a fair comparison considering the point he made after.  If you're using media to stimulate sales then wanting those sales to appear as

genuine support, not just copies bought en masse and handed out.  Sure, companies may buy their own records, but to his point it's usually done in secret

Last edited:
swizz beatz been winning for a long time thou...LONG time b

if its a hit record, i frankly dont care how NTers feel about it..its not like these folks actually go out.

for example, i remember when french montana dropped pop that, you could hear a cricket drop in da music forum..outside in da real world though? smaaaaash hit.

:lol:

BTW I enjoyed BP3 for what it was and expect this album to be similar. Interesting beats from some great producers and some sub-par raps. Finally a CD I''ll be able to play during a pregame without all the preps getting upset. Not even trying to listen to the lyrics that much when I'm getting ready to go out and drink any way. Just give me some dope beats and some catchy hooks and I'll be fine. I'll keep the real raps in my headphones while I'm riding the train to work or in the car dolo. I'm not expecting any real substance from this album and that's fine :pimp:

Son... :smh:

Yeah that was stupid I dunno what I was saying. I guess I meant that it's easier to listen to lyrics outside of a party setting. But, it's fun to sing a long someitmes too so wtf I was thinking with that post I'm not sure :rofl:

Lol it's all good fam

You seem to have missed the point entirely.

First off, the campaign being "dedicated to improving the music" is subject to interpretation.

I doubt Bob is upset with Jay's position. Bob is doing just fine :lol:

And the perception that Jay is upset about this is not based on just a tweet......

As for your last point, NOWHERE does he say anything about releasing the music for free. Jay has already made a ton of money on this deal. Both the sponsorship and the albums. Of course he's profiting.

Where is that even questioned?

His point is moreso is that it's just kind of pointless for Jay to be worried about Soundscan. It's a metric. Whether Soundscan counts the units or not, those first million have been distributed, Jay made bank etc.

So if it's #newrules, why would Jay care so much about Soundscan when the deal is done, the money is made and the albums are out? Soundscan counting them in now way has any effect on Jay getting paid on them.

You seem to have missed the point entirely.

First off, the campaign being "dedicated to improving the music" is subject to interpretation.

I doubt Bob is upset with Jay's position. Bob is doing just fine :lol:

And the perception that Jay is upset about this is not based on just a tweet......

As for your last point, NOWHERE does he say anything about releasing the music for free. Jay has already made a ton of money on this deal. Both the sponsorship and the albums. Of course he's profiting.

Where is that even questioned?

His point is moreso is that it's just kind of pointless for Jay to be worried about Soundscan. It's a metric. Whether Soundscan counts the units or not, those first million have been distributed, Jay made bank etc.

So if it's #newrules, why would Jay care so much about Soundscan when the deal is done, the money is made and the albums are out? Soundscan counting them in now way has any effect on Jay getting paid on them.

I agree with everything you said explaining the authors point in the article here but could you elaborate on the perception that Jay is upset. You state that it is not based on just a tweet....what else is it based on? Just curious.

Again, "upset" is subject to interpretation the same way some on NT will say "you mad" when no one is really mad :lol:

But the fact is, Jay is making a nice piece of change on that first Mil with or without Soundscan.

And word on the street is Jay, or Roc Nation is actively petitioning Neilsen/Billboard to get those albums to count is Soundscan.

So he may not be "upset", but he's also not taking it in stride.

Last edited:
Info?
nerd.gif
Here you go champ, it's on page 5 of this thread...........

Surface To Air

Just read somewhere that Jay-Z reached out to Courtney Love in order to sample "Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. Should be interesting...

Never listened to a Jay Z album but I'm lowkey excited for this project.

Never???? Not 1 single album from him?
Idk he never interested me at all. I just checked my Spotify library and the only Jay Z I have out of 7000 songs is from Watch The Throne.

I know the big hits like 99 Problems, Hard Knock Life, ... obviously but other than that I've barely ever listened to Jay.

Those beats in the Magna Carta vid sound great though.

Last edited:
You're the first person I've ever heard say that.
As a Hip-Hop fan, you're doing yourself an injustice fam.

Last edited:
This is equally a great partnership for both J n Samsung. J gets a boss look, comercial/ad, and lp purchases (samsung paid 500k for a milli digi copies). Samsung brand gets to look even cooler by standing next to the popular black kid and apply pressure to the footing it got on Apples neck. Its a win win.

Back
Top Bottom