+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

^can you describe what a "well rounded music listener" is? I hope it's just not having multiple genres of arbitrary tracks to fake like someone is very cultured or something. Cause believe me, more often than not, that's what it is :lol:

People who listen to music for music's sake and aren't trying to type up a 10 page thesis of why someone's album doesn't sound like their debut 30 mins after it leaks.

***** getting old and doesn't happen in any other genre but this one.

Like I said on twitter do country fans pick apart their music like rap fans do?

People are comparing the album to the progressive sound in the 70s. You would have to be somewhat well rounded to know what the 70s progressive sounded like?

So yea if you're a well rounded listener you might appreciate the album sonically more than someone who only listens to what rap has become...formulaic It wasnt made that way.

Never said if you like it youre __________ if you don't you're __________.

Word to

listening to Yeezus made me appreciate what Cole did with this album more
it's hip hop

Last edited:
^can you describe what a "well rounded music listener" is? I hope it's just not having multiple genres of arbitrary tracks to fake like someone is very cultured or something. Cause believe me, more often than not, that's what it is :lol:

People are comparing the album to the progressive sound in the 70s. You would have to be somewhat well rounded to know what the 70s progressive sounded like?

I don't hear that as much. I may need to listen again.

This may be the "well rounded" listener trying to put an artistic slant on an album that may be lacking one.

I hear Electronic and I hear industrial. Of course I hear Hip Hop. Some New Wave.

I don't hear Floyd or the Moody Blues or music along those lines as much.

I may not be well rounded enough then......so sad......

A working with Skrillex, Daft Punk and well known electronic artists in 2013, as massive as that music has been over the last 5-6 years, sounds kinda formulaic to me too.....

Last edited:
So maybe you're one of the few?

People I know and people I don't who have to listen to everything for a living are having a different opinion then people who I KNOW only listen to rap.

It's not like Jay's Kingdom Come that received overall bad reviews...Its a polarizing album divided by "hip hop heads" who for the most part hare it and people who have a more universal ear. Who are giving it good reviews

And Im not even saying im "well rounded" but I am more exposed to different music because of what I do now. So the album wasn't that big of a transition when I first bumped it.

I don't hear that as much. I may need to listen again.

This may be the "well rounded" listener trying to put an artistic slant on an album that may be lacking one.

I hear Electronic and I hear industrial. Of course I hear Hip Hop. Some New Wave.

I don't hear Floyd or the Moody Blues or music along those lines as much.

I may not be well rounded enough then......so sad......

A working with Skrillex, Daft Punk and well known electronic artists in 2013, as massive as that music has been over the last 5-6 years, sounds kinda formulaic to me too.....

- Spot on with both of those

Anybody in here that didnt like Blueprint 3 and is iffy on this album? I feel like that album doesnt get alot of love on NT

I liked BP3 for what it was... of course it wasnt vintage Hov like AG but it was still decent.

Im going into this was expectations that his album will not stray too far from that. Not gonna set myself up for anything unrealistic.

timbo better come with better material tho...only one im skeptical about

The question isn't if it will count or not. The question will be why will Soundscan numbers continue to matter? 

#newrules ???

Bam.

Anybody in here that didnt like Blueprint 3 and is iffy on this album? I feel like that album doesnt get alot of love on NT

I liked BP3 for what it was... of course it wasnt vintage Hov like AG but it was still decent.

Im going into this was expectations that his album will not stray too far from that. Not gonna set myself up for anything unrealistic.

Your not skeptical bout swizz's wack *** ?

I may have missed it, but is there a single out yet?

Last edited:
The question isn't if it will count or not. The question will be why will Soundscan numbers continue to matter? 

#newrules ???
Bam.

Your not skeptical bout swizz's wack *** ?
on to the next one was actually one of the standout tracks on the last album.

Only thing Im NOT looking forward to is a Swizz track. I still don't understand why Jay ***** with that *****. He's gotta be the WORSE producer... EVER. Does Hov owe this *****? Lose in a dice game 10 years ago or something? :smh:

Swizz tracks are better when he doesn't have too many adlibs.

I wish he would pull this sound out again.

I liked BP3 as well.. Jay had it right when told dudes to buy his old albums if they don't like him anymore :lol:

Last edited:
Only thing Im NOT looking forward to is a Swizz track. I still don't understand why Jay ***** with that *****. He's gotta be the WORSE producer... EVER. Does Hov owe this *****? Lose in a dice game 10 years ago or something?
mean.gif
i imagine that swizz is just a great salesman and gets dudes to buy his beats.

I liked BP3 as well.. Jay had it right when told dudes to buy his old albums if they don't like him anymore :lol:

And this is why I sort of give Jay a pass and not Kanye :lol: That plus:

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
lyrically, Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common since

He doesn't have to explain himself after neither one of those. Plus Jay can flip a switch and make 'American Gangster'. Where's Kanye's calculated reason for "pushing boundaries" and "being different"?

On to the Next One was my favorite track on BP3 and Welcome to The Jungle was dope too. I dont really have an issue with Swizz being on this.

Back
Top Bottom