+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Hopefully this album can save hiphop from that embarrassment Yeezy dropped last week, than again, Hov aint been the same since the Black Album
mean.gif
AG was hot though 

Would you guys consider AG a "concept album"?

After seeing the mtv unplugged concert for it where he explained some of the songs I feel it is

But at 1st listen I only liked "Say hello" because I knew it was the rebuttal to Jaz O's "Friends
Betrayed"

The subliminals Hov is a master at it

It was VH1 Storytellers, not MTV Unplugged.  But then again, after reading your posts on the past couple of pages, I wouldnt expect you to be correct.

It was VH1 Storytellers, not MTV Unplugged.  But then again, after reading your posts on the past couple of pages, I wouldnt expect you to be correct.

Thank you very much for your correctional facilties

Spell check

What time is rec if you don't mind me asking

Seems like Soundscan not trying to count the sales as Platinum

Jay-Z Samsung Downloads Won't Count On Charts
'Nielsen SoundScan does not count bulk sales,' a spokesperson says about the plan to give away one million downloads.

Jay-Z is intent on writing some #newrules
 with the unconventional release plan for his upcoming album, Magna Carta Holy Grail. But some rules are not meant to be broken, or rather, just can't be.

Case in point: Nielsen SoundScan's regulation governing what kind of album sales count. As we all learned in a three-minute commercial during Sunday night's game 5 NBA finals , Jay has partnered with Samsung in a promotion for the album that will have the company giving away one million copies of Magna Carta to users of its Galaxy line of products three days before its July 4 release.

And while that appears to guarantee J**** instant platinum status before the album even hits shelves, Nielsen thinks otherwise. "Nielsen doesn't count bulk sales," a SoundScan spokesperson told MTV News. That longstanding edict means that if anyone, even, say, Beyoncé, buys a million copies of Magna Carta and gives them away as Independence Day party favors they can't be counted as sales according to Billboard magazine's long-standing policy on bulk purchases.

The source said this differs from major retailers like Wal Mart or Target who buy large quantities of popular albums with the intent of selling them to consumers for a set price.

Jay seems to know that his envelope-pushing deal with the South Korean electronics giant is setting a new standard, but he's not letting the possibility that instant platinum may not be a thing stand in his way. "If 1 million records gets SOLD and Billboard doesn't report it, did it happen? Ha. #newrules #magnacartaholygrail Platinum!!!," he wrote on Monday. A spokesperson for the rapper could not be reached for comment at press time.

The rapper's label, Universal Music Group, is reportedly still negotiating in an effort to get the Samsung sales counted, but given the firepower J**** displayed in the ad (Rick Rubin, Swizz Beatz, Timbaland, Pharrell), and his chart track record, platinum is not the problem.

I don't see why it wouldn't count
Baby bought a million copies of Carter 4
and Wayne was still considered platinum

The question isn't if it will count or not. The question will be why will Soundscan numbers continue to matter? 

#newrules ???

The question isn't if it will count or not. The question will be why will Soundscan numbers continue to matter? 

#newrules ???

Yeah, Hov couldn't give two ***** about Soundscan counting his sales :lol:...he'll end up doing close to that pretty quickly with "traditional" sales anyway

Don't worry about not having a Samsung folks. This will be all over the intertubes in an hour after release.

Sabbath recently streamed their entire album on itunes before release and someone recorded it and had it uploaded within hours.

#newrules ???

Yeah, Hov couldn't give two ***** about Soundscan counting his sales :lol:...he'll end up doing close to that pretty quickly with "traditional" sales anyway

Yeah he's gonna sell regardless.. If they counted those Samsung sells controversy would ensue.

Taylor Swift already did this with papa Johns but apparently her team was smart enough to have her album as an add on and not a bundle so it would count as a sale.

And for the record Jay does care because they're currently figthing the RIAA over this

^can you describe what a "well rounded music listener" is? I hope it's just not having multiple genres of arbitrary tracks to fake like someone is very cultured or something. Cause believe me, more often than not, that's what it is :lol:

Last edited:
^can you describe what a "well rounded music listener" is? I hope it's just not having multiple genres of arbitrary tracks to fake like someone is very cultured or something. Cause believe me, more often than not, that's what it is :lol:

And for the record Jay does care because they're currently figthing the RIAA over this

I'm thinking that it's the corporate side of his operation that cares more than he himself does, just judging from that tweet.

Back
Top Bottom