Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Ok, I have a jailbroken 2.2 3G

I've been reading thru the post and just wanna make sure i got this right.

I can update my phone to 3.0 w/ itunes, then i can jailbreak my phone once its updated to 3.0 using redsnow with the tutorial on iClarified?

or do i not need to update it first? since with redsnow they make you download the 3.0 software and select it while jailbreaking anyways?

Also when i update to 3.0 and jailbreak it again, what exactly gets deleted from the phone? contacts, apps, etc?

anyone have any idea how much i could sell my 1st Gen 8GB with the power button not working for? it works fine u just can't manually turn it off or put itto sleep. any help is appreciated!

Can someone recommend what apps i should get and some CLEAN themes for the 3gs now that i have jail broken it?? thanks

Does anybody know where i can get an OEM/Legit iPhone 3G dock for less than retail? I don't want one of those crappy eBay fakes either.....Thanks

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I jailbroke my 3GS using Purplera1n. It was easier than jailbreaking my 3G with the pwnage tool. All you do is connect your phone to your computer and open Purplera1n, and BOOM!! you're done.
I'm planning on doing this later, will all my numbers and music be on the phone still after I jailbreak it?

nerd.gif

Ok, so i used the purplera1n and when it goes to install cydia it says finished but the bar isn't complete...

is that normal or what? I've tried it 3 times Fuuuu!

Anyone else having problems getting the hackulo.us source added in cydia? An error pops up everytime it says "downloading packages".

purplera1n worked perfectly for me... tried it the 1st time and it worked.. and i have Vista just in case you were wondering

hey, iphone newbie here...
my contract just ended and i want to upgrade to the iphone3gs
but i cant afford an additional $30 a month right now for the data plan...
i already got family unlimited text messaging... and wifi at school... other than that i dont really NEED data

is it possible to get the iphone3gs, pay for data for one month (required to get the iphone), and then cancel the data plan, and change the APN or something?

all info is greatly is appreciated

i think i may have a problem, or maybe im just paranoid. But the battery percentage on my 3GS seems to decrease very slowly, like last night it was at 100%,and now it's at 92%. I feel like it should have less percentage. Is there something wrong, or is it just me?

There's an app called Rename in Cydia. It should be there.
cant find it

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i think i may have a problem, or maybe im just paranoid. But the battery percentage on my 3GS seems to decrease very slowly, like last night it was at 100%, and now it's at 92%. I feel like it should have less percentage. Is there something wrong, or is it just me?

Why is that a problem?

Originally Posted by DaGreatJ

i think i may have a problem, or maybe im just paranoid. But the battery percentage on my 3GS seems to decrease very slowly, like last night it was at 100%, and now it's at 92%. I feel like it should have less percentage. Is there something wrong, or is it just me?

Why is that a problem?
i think im just paranoid, because it usually drains faster

why doesnt my text message app ever change when i change themes??
1: Download a program that allows you to access your iphone from your computer, DiskAid, PhoneView or do it via OpenSSH
2: Navigate to the "Icons" folder in the .theme folder (eg. /Library/Themes/Deep 2.1/Icons)
3: Change the icon "Text.png" to "Messages.png"
4: Re-apply the theme in Winterboard and hey presto..
smile.gif
Good times

Back
Top Bottom