Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

If you have a MAC you can just go to garage band and creat a ringtone and share with itunes and itll load directly into your itunes list this works with allDRM songs and Mp3's

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

From QuickPWN:

Jailbreakers: I know a lot of you here are waiting on a QuickPwn 3.0 download for the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, but unfortunately Dev Team has decided to retire the QuickPwn program. QuickPwn.com is working on making it and plans to have the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak released by Friday this week (possibly earlier, but we don't want to get your hopes up). If you're using iTunes 8.2, the current QuickPwn will not work on it but we are working on fixing this in QuickPwn 3.0. If anyone has experience creating jailbreaking/unlocking software and would like to help with the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak please e-mail webmaster[@]quickpwn.com.

... so red sn0w, huh? I think ill be holding onto 2.1 a lil longer than I expected.

Boost, last night I got bored and my 360 was acting up and so I tested out redsn0w on my mac instead of pwnagetool. I have worked with quickpwn and loved it, it was so easy. Redsn0w is a dumbed down quickpwn, it is less graphic and colorful, that is it, it worked fine for me and I'm happy I used it. Pwnagetool was more difficult than redsn0w.

Update to 3.0 and you will not be disapointed.

I know someone who jailbroke their 3g using redsnow and told me that Cydia was glitchy as hell..

Hows yours so far 23MichaelJordan45?

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

From QuickPWN:

Jailbreakers: I know a lot of you here are waiting on a QuickPwn 3.0 download for the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, but unfortunately Dev Team has decided to retire the QuickPwn program. QuickPwn.com is working on making it and plans to have the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak released by Friday this week (possibly earlier, but we don't want to get your hopes up). If you're using iTunes 8.2, the current QuickPwn will not work on it but we are working on fixing this in QuickPwn 3.0. If anyone has experience creating jailbreaking/unlocking software and would like to help with the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak please e-mail webmaster[@]quickpwn.com.

... so red sn0w, huh? I think ill be holding onto 2.1 a lil longer than I expected.

Boost, last night I got bored and my 360 was acting up and so I tested out redsn0w on my mac instead of pwnagetool. I have worked with quickpwn and loved it, it was so easy. Redsn0w is a dumbed down quickpwn, it is less graphic and colorful, that is it, it worked fine for me and I'm happy I used it. Pwnagetool was more difficult than redsn0w.

Update to 3.0 and you will not be disapointed.
I know someone who jailbroke their 3g using redsnow and told me that Cydia was glitchy as hell..

Hows yours so far 23MichaelJordan45?

I'm on 2g, but that should not make a difference, but mine is fine.

Originally Posted by jphonix

so how is it again you get a niketalk app icon on your iphone?

Just go to Niketalk on your phone and bookmark< I think it will say bookmark to desktop..

NEWBIE ?: So I just bought the new MBP and I want to add the songs from my iPhone 3g to the new itunes. What programs do yall recommend that is 1. safe and 2.that works? So far i've heard of Senuti and PodtoMac.com. Anybody have any experiences with these programs on the new MBP? Any advice is appreciated.thanks!

Just jailbroke my 3g using redsnow ...it is just me or i cant download anything in Cydia

Anyone else having the same problem?

got beejive 3.0 and twittalor pro. push is the truth
358qmn4.jpg

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Just jailbroke my 3g using redsnow ...it is just me or i cant download anything in Cydia

Anyone else having the same problem?
Nope, I used redsnow also.

anyone having problems uploading Cydia? Every time I press it up says "loading" then knocks me back to the home screen. I have a 2G phone btw

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

NEWBIE ?: So I just bought the new MBP and I want to add the songs from my iPhone 3g to the new itunes. What programs do yall recommend that is 1. safe and 2. that works? So far i've heard of Senuti and PodtoMac.com. Anybody have any experiences with these programs on the new MBP? Any advice is appreciated. thanks!

Senuti trial is good up to 1000 songs and I got all of my music from my iPhone 2g to my MBP iTunes within 10 minutes. It is a great program.

Originally Posted by socluis90

what exactly is push?

and slater what theme is that?

its a mixture of like 4 themes. push notification lets u know if you got a im or something like that without that app running

Had to configure some stuff, but here's my theme as of right now. It's a8stract with some stuff that I messed with.

2mxlq9x.jpg

Alright. I was a little skeptical but I decided to try Redsn0w once again to jailbreak/unlock my 2G.

For those that are afraid of redsn0w crashing or whatnot during the process (this means youBoost) , this might shed a little optimism toward using redsn0w.

[table][tr][td]
Step One
Create a folder called Pwnage on your desktop.

Download the following files and place them in the Pwnage folder you just created:
- RedSn0w
- BL 3.9
- BL 4.6
- 3.0.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

Extract the RedSn0w zip file to the Pwnage folder.

Step Two
Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.

Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left. Now hold down shift and click the Restore button. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone.

Navigate to the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the firmware ipsw. Click the Open button to continue.

BEFORE STARTING REDSN0W, RIGHT CLICK ON REDSN0W AND CLICK ON PROPERTIES AND NAVIGATE TO THE COMPATIBILITY TAB. CHECK "RUN THIS PROGRAM FOR COMPA...FOR WINDOWS XP SP2.

NEXT, RIGHT CLICK ON REDSN0W AGAIN AND CHOOSE, RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Step Three
Once iTunes has finished updating your iPhone to the desired firmware you may launch redsnw0w.exe from the Pwnage folder on your desktop.

Step Four
Once RedSn0w opens click the Browse button

Step Five
Select the firmware ipsw we placed in the Pwnage folder on our desktop then click Open

Step Six
Once the firmware has been verified click the Next button to continue.

Step Seven
Make sure Cydia and Unlock is selected and click the Next button. AT THIS POINT, THERE WILL BE AN OPTION TO SELECT ICY AS WELL. DO NOT CHECK ICY.

Step Eight
We will know need to set the location of our bootloader files.

Click Browse and select the 3.9 bootloader file from the Pwnage folder on your desktop.

Click Browse and select the 4.6 bootloader file from the Pwnage folder on your desktop.

Click the Next button to continue.

Step Nine
Please plug your iPhone into the computer and make sure its OFF then click the Next button

HERE, THIS IS WHAT I DID. HAVE YOUR IPHONE ALREADY OFF AND ONCE YOU GET TO THIS SCREEN, GO AHEAD AND CLICK NEXT. ...

Step Ten
RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode.

FROM HERE, DON'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IT GIVES YOU AS IT IS CONFUSING. INSTEAD, TO GET INTO DFU MODE, CLICK AND HOLD THE HOME BUTTON AND POWER BUTTON FOR 10 EXACT SECONDS. THEN RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON AND CONTINUE HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON UNTIL THE SCREENSHOT BELOW DISAPPEARS.

Step Eleven
Your iPhone will now reboot

Step Twelve
RedSn0w will then begin uploading the new RAM Disk.

Step Thirteen
Once this is complete you will be notified that RedSn0w is done. Click the Finish button.
When your iPhone finishes reboot (5 minutes or so). It will run BootNeuter then be unlocked and jailbroken with Cydia on the SpringBoard.

------------------------------------------- [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
This was exactly how I did it and it worked for me. Yes, I was skeptical at first in deciding to use redsn0w and yes, it was crashing for me at various stages.But a boatload of people have tried this method described above and it worked perfectly. I wanted to wait for Quickpwn but I couldn't have a deadbeat phonefor another week or so so redsn0w it was. Boost, man up and use redsn0w
laugh.gif

ok so ryan you said:

push notification lets u know if you got a im or something like that without that app running

so should beejive remained signed in all day and friends should see me on their list? because some friends said they saw me, some didnt, and beejive signed meout a quite a few times today. so i'm not sure what the iphone version of the program is doing. when i had it on a blackberry, it pretty much left my aimsigned in all day and i got the im's on my phone instantly. i feel like its not accurate on my 3gs.

Back
Top Bottom