Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

My current setup:

Something simple, but still playing around with a little tweaks here and there.
happy.gif

whats that theme/setup?

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

From QuickPWN:

Jailbreakers: I know a lot of you here are waiting on a QuickPwn 3.0 download for the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, but unfortunately Dev Team has decided to retire the QuickPwn program. QuickPwn.com is working on making it and plans to have the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak released by Friday this week (possibly earlier, but we don't want to get your hopes up). If you're using iTunes 8.2, the current QuickPwn will not work on it but we are working on fixing this in QuickPwn 3.0. If anyone has experience creating jailbreaking/unlocking software and would like to help with the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak please e-mail webmaster[@]quickpwn.com.

2z4kahl.gif

... so red sn0w, huh? I think ill be holding onto 2.1 a lil longer than I expected.

redsnow is so easy.

Just backup your iphone, restore it, so you have a fresh 3.0 but dont recover your data. instead right after you restore, exit itunes, and run redsnow. Youneed to find the 3.0 .ispw file first though, because you need it to run redsnow. Google how to locate the .ipsw file.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by hella handsome

um. i dont really have a video tutorial of it, theres a thread on macthemes for it teaching how to do it though.

http://macthemes2.net/for...iewtopic.php?id=16793347
I understood the instructions for setting up your city with accuweather... but it keeps saying "read instructions, make sure you read instructions" ... what instructions? It doesn't say how to put it on the damn phone at all.
i already explained it

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

How would I install that lockscreen? Looks sick!
use winscp to ssh
then go to your winterboard themes folder (library/themes/)
and put the folder for the lockscreen theme in there
go to winterboard and choose it

you need Open SSH, winscp and winterboard to do this

My current setup:

Something simple, but still playing around with a little tweaks here and there.
happy.gif

pimp.gif
not going to use the blanks for the middle?

Got it... Now I just need an alternative to intelliscreen so the lockscreen doesn't disappear after a few seconds. Any ideas?

quick question: if your phone's not jailbroken/unlocked/whatever, if you push and hold one of the icons on your home screen, you can move them around,plus, additional icons that weren't orginally on there from the beginning (like facebook, niketalk, etc.) have little "x"'s in the top leftcorner, so you can delete them. well can you remove other apps the phone came with from your homescreen? if so, can you still access them elsewhere?

if not, and you can only do this with it jailbroken/unlocked, if you remove them from your home screen, can you still access them elsewhere on the phone?

guess i should ask this too, as i'm new to smart phones, and completely oblivious to this stuff, but is jailbreaking and unlocking the phone the samething?

Originally Posted by stylez23

whats that theme/setup?
The theme is Black Neon Agua, got it on through SSH. Found it here: http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16785726
But I edited the wallpaper to put the Kaws pic on there, and changed some icons that weren't originally with the theme.

hey man you need to hook me up with a theme like that..its shpat from the dmv area..was good?

I just looked up some picture comparisons between the 3G, and 3GS and wow... that alone is making me want t upgrade.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

From QuickPWN:

Jailbreakers: I know a lot of you here are waiting on a QuickPwn 3.0 download for the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, but unfortunately Dev Team has decided to retire the QuickPwn program. QuickPwn.com is working on making it and plans to have the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak released by Friday this week (possibly earlier, but we don't want to get your hopes up). If you're using iTunes 8.2, the current QuickPwn will not work on it but we are working on fixing this in QuickPwn 3.0. If anyone has experience creating jailbreaking/unlocking software and would like to help with the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak please e-mail webmaster[@]quickpwn.com.

... so red sn0w, huh? I think ill be holding onto 2.1 a lil longer than I expected.

Boost, last night I got bored and my 360 was acting up and so I tested out redsn0w on my mac instead of pwnagetool. I have worked with quickpwn and loved it,it was so easy. Redsn0w is a dumbed down quickpwn, it is less graphic and colorful, that is it, it worked fine for me and I'm happy I used it. Pwnagetoolwas more difficult than redsn0w.

Update to 3.0 and you will not be disapointed.

Why doesn't my email get pushed automatically? I'm still going in here manually. Also, I got a bunch of unopened mail but I don eat that number to showup on the corner of my mail icon. Does anyone know what I mean?

Originally Posted by jphonix

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by GotShpat

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

i have the new 3G S, no plans to jailbreak it, at least not yet.

but i'm wondering, can you use mp3's to make your own ringtones?

i know you can use songs purchased on itunes for an additional $0.99, but can you use tracks you haven't purchased?

if not, can you record music through the voice memo, and make that a ringtone somehow?

thanx, i'm just new to iphones, and smart phones in general, this iphone i bought friday is my first.

1. upload song you like to Itunes 8.2
2. Right click > Get Info > Options > Check BOTH "Start Time" and "End Time"
3. Select The interval of 15-20seconds you want as a ringtone.
4. Click OKAY!
5. Right click the song Click "Convert selection into AAC"
6. New Song file pops up right under the original song.
7. Drag New file onto desktop
8. Right click "get info", change file extension from Ringtone.M4A to "Ringtone.M4R", warning will pop up and click "USE M4R"
9. Close itunes 8.2
10. Click on the ringtone file on your desktop!!!! FREE Custom Ringtones on your iPhone.
alright, i'm on # 5, and i don't see an option to convert it to aac...

there's "convert id3 tags", "make mp3 version", and "make ringtone", but not aac (and the ringtone option doesn't work).

Just select CREATE ACC VERSION
maybe it's because i'm on a mac, but that's not an option on mine (and i'm on itunes 8.2).
Im on a mac too you have to right click and in the pop up menu you'll see it
i'm tellin' ya, i did right click and that's not coming up as an option.

weird.

but i'm using that audiko site right now and that's working out lovely...

good look for posting that!
This is how you do it....

Since you keep seeing Mp3 you going to have to do this

1. Click itunes on the top of the screen
2. click prefrences
3. Click import settings
4. then select ACC..

and you are SET
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Why doesn't my email get pushed automatically? I'm still going in here manually. Also, I got a bunch of unopened mail but I don eat that number to show up on the corner of my mail icon. Does anyone know what I mean?
Unless it's Yahoo or Mobile Me, your email won't be pushed to your iPhone and even Yahoo seems touch and go now.

I just tried to jailbreak and unlock my second iphone, but having trouble getting unlocked. The first one went smooth...so i'm restoring it back on Itunesand I'll be doing over just to see if it'll work again.

Back
Top Bottom