Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

back to jailbreaking... on 3.0 how can i get my themes to change the messages icon... all my other icons change except for that one..

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by jphonix

Originally Posted by GotShpat

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

i have the new 3G S, no plans to jailbreak it, at least not yet.

but i'm wondering, can you use mp3's to make your own ringtones?

i know you can use songs purchased on itunes for an additional $0.99, but can you use tracks you haven't purchased?

if not, can you record music through the voice memo, and make that a ringtone somehow?

thanx, i'm just new to iphones, and smart phones in general, this iphone i bought friday is my first.

1. upload song you like to Itunes 8.2
2. Right click > Get Info > Options > Check BOTH "Start Time" and "End Time"
3. Select The interval of 15-20seconds you want as a ringtone.
4. Click OKAY!
5. Right click the song Click "Convert selection into AAC"
6. New Song file pops up right under the original song.
7. Drag New file onto desktop
8. Right click "get info", change file extension from Ringtone.M4A to "Ringtone.M4R", warning will pop up and click "USE M4R"
9. Close itunes 8.2
10. Click on the ringtone file on your desktop!!!! FREE Custom Ringtones on your iPhone.
alright, i'm on # 5, and i don't see an option to convert it to aac...

there's "convert id3 tags", "make mp3 version", and "make ringtone", but not aac (and the ringtone option doesn't work).

Just select CREATE ACC VERSION
maybe it's because i'm on a mac, but that's not an option on mine (and i'm on itunes 8.2).
Im on a mac too you have to right click and in the pop up menu you'll see it
i'm tellin' ya, i did right click and that's not coming up as an option.

weird.

but i'm using that audiko site right now and that's working out lovely...

good look for posting that!

I just got the iPhone 3GS and I looked at my capacity and it says 14.28 GB when I bought the 16. Is Apple screwing me over?

Originally Posted by Solemate96

I just got the iPhone 3GS and I looked at my capacity and it says 14.28 GB when I bought the 16. Is Apple screwing me over?
It's normal.

Jailbreakers: I know a lot of you here are waiting on a QuickPwn 3.0 download for the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, but unfortunately Dev Team has decided to retirethe QuickPwn program. QuickPwn.com is working on making it and plans to have the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak released by Friday this week (possibly earlier, but wedon't want to get your hopes up). If you're using iTunes 8.2, the current QuickPwn will not work on it but we are working on fixing this in QuickPwn3.0. If anyone has experience creating jailbreaking/unlocking software and would like to help with the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak please e-mailwebmaster[@]quickpwn.com.

Originally Posted by slaterSB

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

where did you get that info?
lol why did you quote me when i was asking you a question about where you got your info
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by stylez23

back to jailbreaking... on 3.0 how can i get my themes to change the messages icon... all my other icons change except for that one..
Rename your desired icon to Messages .. the original name of that icon was Text before 3.0 came out..

theme wise this is where im at. things i couldnt get to work. keyboards, any 3rd party camera app, ustream uploader, and weather icon
n3wvu8.png

2hnz0on.jpg

... ^ I dont have that "Notifications" option.

... Jailbroken 3.0. Is it cause you have a 3Gs?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

... ^ I dont have that "Notifications" option.

... Jailbroken 3.0. Is it cause you have a 3Gs?

im on a regular 3g. its because you dont have any apps installed that support push yet maybe.i dont know

so yeah, i'm obviously new to iphones, so here's a dumb question i suppose.

but does a regular ipod charger cord work with the iphone?

and also, the first time you open itunes with the iphone plugged into your computer, there's some options there i skipped, because i don't havecontacts or stuff on my calendar to bring over to the iphone, i was just trying to go straight to music and start bringing some tracks over, but now that firstlist of stuff doesn't come up when i plug in the iphone and itunes comes up. but all those original options are still available within the tabs right? ididn't screw up did i?

and also, why can't i just bring in images from my desktop, or elsewhere besides iphoto? i got too much BS in iphoto and really don't wanna bring itall over, or even just certain events...

thanx guys!

you can use regular ipod cable. just click on the iphone on the right blue bit so you get the screen up and click on the the tabs at the top and you can selectwhat you want to sync.

so is there an option to count how many characters I'm using in a text or how many texts my message is gonna use?
I've tried every option, looked online at tutorials, etc. but nothing, is it not possible to count text characters/# of messages your text is or what?

I'm stumped, can someone help me?

From QuickPWN:

Jailbreakers: I know a lot of you here are waiting on a QuickPwn 3.0 download for the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, but unfortunately Dev Team has decided to retire the QuickPwn program. QuickPwn.com is working on making it and plans to have the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak released by Friday this week (possibly earlier, but we don't want to get your hopes up). If you're using iTunes 8.2, the current QuickPwn will not work on it but we are working on fixing this in QuickPwn 3.0. If anyone has experience creating jailbreaking/unlocking software and would like to help with the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak please e-mail webmaster[@]quickpwn.com.

iPhone unlockers: The Dev Team is working very hard on getting the ultrasn0w iPhone 3G unlock out to us. They're making good progress! According to MuscleNerd, ultrasn0w will also support Pin-locked sims. Pin-locked sims are the sim cards that require you to enter a code before using them (usually corporate phones are forced to use these sims). The Dev Team has no ETA for the ultrasn0w unlock but they're working hard to bring it to us.

jailbroke my 3g with redsnow. no problems or glitches.

just sucks that some of the themes/tweaks i used on 2.2.1 is not compatible for 3.0 yet.

Is there an application that fixes dead pixels on an ipod touch 1st generation? I have a blue pixel that shows up from time to time and Im not ready to replacethe ipod yet like Apple wants me too.

Back
Top Bottom