Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

I dont have SSH
tired.gif
no wifi

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I dont have SSH
tired.gif
no wifi
You don't need wifi. just usb cable and download iTunnel or winscp. download either one and once you do hit me up on here ill let u know whatthe next step is.

So I can't get the weather channel app to pick up any city or zip code to get local weather. I also can't get maps to pick up my location. Wifi is onand I don't know what else to look for since this is the first time i've messed with the iPod touch. Any help would be great.

ok geniuses, I highly doubt any of yal can help me but here is my problem:

I can not connect to any wifi. It will find a signal randomly but 98% no dice. It just keeps searching and searching while my friend is browsing full wifispeed on his iphone next to me. Anyone have this problem before? I've reset internet settings, reset the phone, downgraded firmware and did a completerestore and NOTHING!

I don't have my hopes up but if any of yal have any idea what I'm talking bout let me know. I've googled this for days and no solutions foundalthough similar problems have occured.

Originally Posted by TheI4LW

QUESTON;

I lost my iphone, had a PW on it. is there anyway someone can crack it? or have apple crack it?
whoever has it can crack it, all they have to do is google it.

I GOT A PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

!!!!!!!

so basically my iphone cannot for it's life connect to any wifi network. I've just noticed this recently, it'll pull up networks to connect to, andwhen i select one to go onto, it'll go through it's normal phase of connecting to the network, but it won't connect, and even when it does, showingthe wifi bars, it'll just vanish.

other times i just get "unable to join network" message, is there anything i can do?

running on an unlocked iphone, 2.2 FW i believe

i've done a hard reset and soft reset. i have yet to totally reboot my phone and start all over, but just wanted to know what you guys thought of this andif anybody had experience iwth it, thanks!

Originally Posted by daaznfella

I GOT A PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

!!!!!!!

so basically my iphone cannot for it's life connect to any wifi network. I've just noticed this recently, it'll pull up networks to connect to, and when i select one to go onto, it'll go through it's normal phase of connecting to the network, but it won't connect, and even when it does, showing the wifi bars, it'll just vanish.

other times i just get "unable to join network" message, is there anything i can do?

running on an unlocked iphone, 2.2 FW i believe

i've done a hard reset and soft reset. i have yet to totally reboot my phone and start all over, but just wanted to know what you guys thought of this and if anybody had experience iwth it, thanks!

I had this happen to my old iphone, I did a lot of research and I couldn't find any solution for the problem. I just ended up selling it and getting a 3g.

Originally Posted by icykicks79

what is all the hype about beejive.. is it that amazing?? just wondering

until meebo comes out in the 3.0 software update, its the best we have. Its miles above any other aim client for the iphone

daaznfella and socluis90, if its the old iphone you are screwed, the wifi issue has to do with hardware issues built within the iphone itself (i had the sameproblem). if you have 3g on the other hand bring it into apple and let them fix it for you.

ggarvinXX3, from what i read a while back the 3g does not work on t-mobile, different companies

bonde111, reset all settings and reboot your ipod touch

[table][tr][td]Skype Update Includes Jailbreak Warning[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 14, 2009 - 11:31 PM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Skype has updated to version 1.0.2 on the App Store (iTunes link). The update mostly includes basic bug fixes but also includes a very interesting warning. iClarified reader (and jailbreaker) Francois noticed this new little warning when he launched his updated copy of Skype.

"This version of Skype is only supported on unmodified iPhone OS 2.2"

While the warning appears to be threatening he was able to continue to use the app normally. The warning is most likely intended to notice jailbreakers that Skype may have incompatibilities with jailbroken apps that do not use MobileSubstrate (you can read all about it in Cydia) and that Skype does not support issues that may arise because of that.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 30 Replies | 1,531 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
AT&T Trying to Extend iPhone Exclusivity
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 14, 2009 - 10:53 PM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http://www.modmyi.com/images/attexclusive.png [table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td] [td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 802x415.[/td] [/tr][/table]
attexclusive.png

Since the iPhone first went on sale nearly three TWO (typo
tongue.gif
) years ago AT&T has been the exclusive carrier here in the US. Now that the end of the exclusivity contract is coming closer (many think next year) AT&T is working to extend it. According to a report by the Wall Street Journal AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is working keep the iPhone on AT&T and only AT&T here in the US through 2011. When asked for comment all Apple said was "We have a great relationship with AT&T."

It is no secret that the iPhone has been big business for AT&T with many customers switch off other wireless carriers and on to AT&T for the iPhone. AT&T has been committed to driving sales of the iPhone the whole time... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 38 Replies | 1,751 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Assassin's Creed Coming to the iPhone
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 14, 2009 - 9:30 PM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

IGN managed to grab a sneak peak of the soon to be released Assassin's Creed iPhone game. Expected to hit the App Store some time soon (maybe as early as next week) the iPhone version of the game is based strongly on Ubisoft's Altair's Chronicles, which is the DS prequel to the very first Assassin's Creed game. In the game you play as master assassin Altair and you are on a mission to explore the Holy Land to find "The Chalice" with the goal of ending the crusades. The iPhone version combines stealth, action, combat, and problem solving to create a (hopefully) awesome game. The iPhone version has the addition of "mini-games" within the main game, touchscreen controls (that hopefully will work well), the ability to upgrade Alitar with six different weapons, and what looks like some awesome 3D graphics.

It is exciting to see more console titles make it to the iPhone and if it comes anywhere close to the original which poetic_folly calls "freakin awesome -- best game i've played on ps3, with possible exception of call of duty and i've played over 4 games on... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 14 Replies | 781 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Wizzley Presto AKA How to Build an iPhone App in 30 Days
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 14, 2009 - 9:09 PM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http://www.modmyi.com/images/30daygame.png [table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td] [td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x320.[/td] [/tr][/table]
30daygame.png

Zodttd has teamed up with Craig (works on the OpenPandora.org project) and Ruckage (Artist with experience working on GP2X games) with the goal of making a commercial iPhone game in just 30 days. The game titled Wizzley Presto and the Mysterious Time Machine is basically a mashup of the old skool Dizzy and Harry Potter and should be completed 19 days from now.

Something really cool that they are doing is actively blogging details about what they are working on and how they are overcoming issues etc in iPhone game development as they go. It's neat to follow what they are doing and some of the issues they have run into along with the solutions (the image above is an example of how they are handling object collisions). You can keep up with their progress yourself at 30daygame.com.

... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 5 Replies | 624 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
iPhone 3.0 Beta 3 Seeded. New SDK Too!
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 14, 2009 - 7:04 PM - by DoerrFan[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http://modmyi.com/images/iphone30.png [table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td] [td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 510x459.[/td] [/tr][/table]
iphone30.png

Apple is keeping up with their firmware 3.0 beta release cycle of every two weeks. This evening Apple seeded iPhone 3.0 beta 3 firmware (build 7A280f) to those registered in the iPhone Developer Program.

Things to note:
  • Spotlight now saves last search.
  • "Applications targeting devices prior to iPhone OS 3.0 beta cannot be tested in this seed. This bug is intended to be
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Unlocked 16GB iPhones $799 via Buy.com
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 13, 2009 - 4:14 PM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Don't want to worry about an iPhone 3g ever being locked? $799 with a full Apple warranty on Buy.com. Nothing much more to say about it except if you don't have an iPhone already you should wait -- new iPhone in June
wink.gif
The description on Buy.com:

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Apple iPhones have typically been locked to only use on the AT&T network, so they are not capable of being used on other GSM carriers such as T-Mobile or for overseas travel.
Hackers were able to break the software to use the iPhone on carriers other than[/td] [/tr][/table]
... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Google Mobile - Gmail all new, Calendar Events editable
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 08, 2009 - 7:46 PM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Gmail

Google yesterday doled out some major upgrades to their Mobile software suite, specifically Gmail. An entire new look greets Gmail users on their iPhone now, with some huge improvements.

Accessing email is much faster now, and the data is cached as well so if your network drops, the emails still load (assuming you've been on long enough to load a few). You can select multiple emails once, and there is a sexy little floating tool bar which scrolls with you, allowing you to do all sorts of common tasks - Mark as Read, Archive, Delete, Mark as Unread, Add Star, etc. They call it a floaty bar,... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 17 Replies | 3,173 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
[ SCREENIE ] Video Recording in 3.0
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 08, 2009 - 7:23 PM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Looks like video recording is confirmed in the 3.0 beta 2 - and a screenie to prove it. Apple just keeps adding secrets, and they keep being found.

Shock me, shock me, shock me, with that deviant behavior.

ps, yah yah - a day late on this one.
smile.gif

BGR[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 77 Replies | 5,246 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Video-in + iPhone = Really Cool Augmented Reality Apps
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 08, 2009 - 11:56 AM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

The folks over at TouchArcade snagged videos some very impressive augmented reality programs by Blair MacIntyre, an Associate Professor at the School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech. The apps displays the video that the iPhone is picking up on the screen and then overlays 3d objects on top of it to make the appears as if they are in reality. Above the video is a demo of a neat app that places a dog into the video that the iPhone is picking up that responds to touching the screen. Below is a demo of this technology being used for gaming. Where was my head at when I was writing this earlier? One video. Both the dog and the zombie killin in the same video
redface.gif
... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 24 Replies | 2,838 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]FM Radio Fun for iPhone in June?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 06, 2009 - 4:50 PM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Over the weekend some folks digging in the latest iPhone 3.0 beta 2 firmware build discovered some references to the possible wifi chip for the next generation iPhone due in June. The chip reference is the letter/number code BCM4329 which can be assumes to be in reference to a chip manufactured by Broadcom.

Obvious features of this new chip include 802.11n support to handle those new speedy 5 GHz wifi networks that the iPhone 3g doesn't support. While faster internet on the phone is all well and good, 9 to 5 Mac noticed some interesting details while digging into more specs about the chip.
... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 33 Replies | 4,608 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Stream Audio to Your Car via Bluetooth (3.0)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 03, 2009 - 12:34 PM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

I get annoyed that my car has a nifty DVD player/GPS nav system/6CD changer/XM.... and yet no way for me to simply PLUG IN MY iPHONE. Maybe you have the same issue.... and you have Bluetooth
grey_loader.gif

? Ok, so maybe that's not true - Bluetooth in your car isn't quite widespread yet, but its on quite a few newer models, and definitely more than a 1/8" input or iPod hookup.

That's good news for you folks still stimulating the economy by picking up new cars - since the guys over at cars.com have tested and verified you can stream your iPhone's audio out to your Bluetooth enabled car.

Of course, this requires the 3.0 iPhone software, which won't publicly be available til summer (but y... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 50 Replies | 6,828 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Receive Video via MMS - 3.0 Delivers
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 02, 2009 - 1:27 PM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

When Apple announced the 3.0 iPhone firmware
grey_loader.gif

, they let us all know that MMS would FINALLY be allowed.

Until now, we weren't sure whether videos would be fair game as well in MMS - but the guys over at BGR have given it a try on 3.0, and it looks like its working great.

Good to know.
wink.gif

BGR

thanks, sean [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 74 Replies | 9,963 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Beta iPhone 3.0 Jailbreak Released (Non Dev Team)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Apr 02, 2009 - 12:37 AM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http://www.modmyi.com/images/quickpwn3.0betanondev.png [table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td] [td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 468x407.[/td] [/tr][/table]
quickpwn3.0betanondev.png

Russian hacker Vortex has released a beta version of a 3.0 Jailbreak (supporting firmware 3.0 beta 2 only). It is packaged in the Dev Team's windows Quickpwn software and reportedly works on the iPhone 1st gen, iPhone 3g, and iPod Touch 1st gen. It unfortunately does not install Cydia instead it only installs Icy. However you can install SSH via Icy and then install Cydia manually
smile.gif
. On the plus side the download is only 3.2 mb because it is only packaged with Icy. Also to note not all jailbreak apps work with this right now because it is not fully finished. Some work, some don't.

Be warned this is NOT Dev Team approved. This 3.0 Jailbreak... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

i hope everyone is ready for this summer
pimp.gif
.. mos defcopping the new one since my current 3g's screen is cracked...
indifferent.gif

Any idea how much it would cost to get a 3rd gen iphone this summer if i have had the 2nd gen(3g) iphone since october???

how much did it cost to upgrade the 1st gen to the 3g ?

^ i believe you just pay for the price of the iphone, so it was 299/399 when it first came out.

does customize work yet?? Im tryna edit my system strings. Like were it says move to unlock. Tap to answer and stuf likke that. Is there a different way to dothat??

Back
Top Bottom