Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by frankl1001

white nav
pimp.gif

2rmb520.jpg

http://
1688vhx.jpg

Where do I get this?
http://www.modmyi.com/for...ease-apple-inav-mod.html

i tried this theme when it came out and out of all the themes i have ever used since summerboard and on to winterboard, this theme straight ate up all my ram.But its nice to see people use it nevertheless.

how do i know if i've bricked an iphone (1st gen)
My friend gave me this unlocked iphone to resotore, so i ran it through PwnageTool, made a new custom ispw and did the dfu mode stuff. When the phone wasrestarted and began flashing the Bootnueter 2.1, it stuck there. so i restarted the phone and now only the Pineapple icon shows up. I assume i didnt put in theBSD file or whatever when i made the custom package. anyone wanna guide me on what to do next?

Solution for Beejive: Not my guide btw, got it from another site. May or may not work for you. Been working for about 16 hours so far. I would say that if youhad DLed the "patched" version, you are out of luck. I think those that did ended up getting "License suspended" or something. If you neverDLed the patched version and have the PC Load Letter, you SHOULD be able to get it to work again...

INSTRUCTIONS:

Okay Download and Install the Latest BEEJIVEIM

Copy the "iTunesMetadata.plist" from a Free App directly from *AppStore (any new free app works)

After copying that.. pass it and paste it on BeJiveIm's Installed Applications Folder .. you do not not even have to respring BEEJIVE should work instantly now

Here more detailed info:

Latest BeeJiveIm: 2.1.0
http://www.2shared.com/file/5132014/415384...rrors_edge.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?zx5wqoag5tm

http://www.appscene.org/download.php?id=813972374.

Install it

SSH into: private\var\mobile\Applications

Look for a Previous Free App Installed from AppStore..
Ex: Facebook.app

Facebook.app
Documents
Library
Tmp
itunesArtwork
iTunesMetadata.plist

COPY "iTunesMetadata.plist"

And simply inside the same Directory:
private\var\mobile\Applications

Look for your Current installed BeeJiveIm

Paste "iTunesMetadata.plist" from the Free App and THAT's IT

It should look like this:

10188589.jpg

And that's it.. Just afterwards.. RUN BEEJIVEIM like normal

How easy is it to replace the screen on this phone.

I know someone selling one here in stl, but the screen is cracked all over (selling it for $125)

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by frankl1001

white nav
pimp.gif

Where do I get this?
http://www.modmyi.com/for...ease-apple-inav-mod.html

i tried this theme when it came out and out of all the themes i have ever used since summerboard and on to winterboard, this theme straight ate up all my ram. But its nice to see people use it nevertheless.
Hmm. I have plenty of ram left over using this theme. Were you using webclips or blanks? Webclips are suppose to eat up more ram and slow yourphone down.

LOL, I don't mess with G1! I love the iPhone, but I had to take it in the first week to get a replacement.
The whole warranty thing is what's been stopping me.

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

LOL, I don't mess with G1! I love the iPhone, but I had to take it in the first week to get a replacement.

A restore through iTunes and they will never know!

question about restoring, when i click restore on itunes, it tells me i have to DL the latest firmware update, and im scared that i am going to update it,which kills my ability to use yellowsn0w, is there somehting im missing

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

question about restoring, when i click restore on itunes, it tells me i have to DL the latest firmware update, and im scared that i am going to update it, which kills my ability to use yellowsn0w, is there somehting im missing
unless you have a mac, its near impossible to have the new iphone version 2.2.1 unlocked. The only solution is to download a custom firmware that someone has made with pwnagetool that is made specifically for 3giphone without modem firmware updated. In order to use yellowsn0w you need 2.28.00 or less. If you were tojailbreak the new firmware on a pc, then it will update your modem to 2.30.00 if you have a 3g iphone.

P.S. To the others that say they do not have RAM problems, what is installed on your phone may not be installed on mine. I am not just saying that the theme isthe only thing slowing my phone down. I have many other applications running aside from the beautiful apple iNAV mod. But hopefully you guys do not experienceslow downs later down the road. Its a nice theme do not get me wrong but i love the original iNAV.

Can somebody help me make multiple springs? I need a detailed guide or screen shots because this is driving me crazy (sorry for big capsbut I need to be seen)

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

question about restoring, when i click restore on itunes, it tells me i have to DL the latest firmware update, and im scared that i am going to update it, which kills my ability to use yellowsn0w, is there somehting im missing
unless you have a mac, its near impossible to have the new iphone version 2.2.1 unlocked. The only solution is to download a custom firmware that someone has made with pwnagetool that is made specifically for 3g iphone without modem firmware updated. In order to use yellowsn0w you need 2.28.00 or less. If you were to jailbreak the new firmware on a pc, then it will update your modem to 2.30.00 if you have a 3g iphone.

P.S. To the others that say they do not have RAM problems, what is installed on your phone may not be installed on mine. I am not just saying that the theme is the only thing slowing my phone down. I have many other applications running aside from the beautiful apple iNAV mod. But hopefully you guys do not experience slow downs later down the road. Its a nice theme do not get me wrong but i love the original iNAV.
i do have a mac, but my question is what happens when i want to restore my iphone

everytime i click the restore button my itunes, it tells me to download the latest firmware update, which i dont want to do

if you want to restore then its simple you lose everything.

otherwise press shift restore and choose your custom firmware that you made

its asking you to download a new firmware because you are pressing restore and it wants to download the firmware directly from apple which is a no no. holddown shift and press restore.

Originally Posted by got shoes

my boy found an iphone at the gym. Is there anyway he can activate it? I'm thinking no

is it unlocked or no?
He can activiate it. Separate processed depending on what carrier its on.

I got a quick question for anybody that can help. I bought a 3g from a partner of mine that recently went to jail. I had the 2g before then. The thing is, Ihad a voicemail when I put my sim card in after I resetted the password; but now since I upgraded to 3g from edge and try to setup my voicemail, the voicerecorder lady tells me "sorry, could not find a mailbox for that number". Is there something I can do or do I need to just take it back to AT&Tand let them fix the problem.

I'm only asking to avoid going all the way over there. Any help would be much appreciated.

If this has already been answered, sorry, I'm not reading through one hundred and seventy something odd pages.

Originally Posted by DollaDP

I got a quick question for anybody that can help. I bought a 3g from a partner of mine that recently went to jail. I had the 2g before then. The thing is, I had a voicemail when I put my sim card in after I resetted the password; but now since I upgraded to 3g from edge and try to setup my voicemail, the voice recorder lady tells me "sorry, could not find a mailbox for that number". Is there something I can do or do I need to just take it back to AT&T and let them fix the problem.

I'm only asking to avoid going all the way over there. Any help would be much appreciated.

If this has already been answered, sorry, I'm not reading through one hundred and seventy something odd pages.
let me get this straight, are you staying you originally have a 2g iphone and is it AT&T activated? Your friend went to jail and you bought a3g off of him, does AT&T know you have a 3g iphone now? Your visual voicemail option on the iphone 3g will not work unless AT&t knows about it. But ifyou are saying that you originally had a voicemail and can no longer access it then i have no clue. I remember when i had the 2g iphone everytime i pressvoicemail it called my voicemail. Now on the 3g (AT&T activated) i have all access to the visual voicemail option. Can you make phone calls though?

Originally Posted by DollaDP

I got a quick question for anybody that can help. I bought a 3g from a partner of mine that recently went to jail. I had the 2g before then. The thing is, I had a voicemail when I put my sim card in after I resetted the password; but now since I upgraded to 3g from edge and try to setup my voicemail, the voice recorder lady tells me "sorry, could not find a mailbox for that number". Is there something I can do or do I need to just take it back to AT&T and let them fix the problem.

let me get this straight, are you staying you originally have a 2g iphone and is it AT&T activated? Your friend went to jail and you bought a 3g off of him, does AT&T know you have a 3g iphone now? Your visual voicemail option on the iphone 3g will not work unless AT&t knows about it. But if you are saying that you originally had a voicemail and can no longer access it then i have no clue. I remember when i had the 2g iphone everytime i press voicemail it called my voicemail. Now on the 3g (AT&T activated) i have all access to the visual voicemail option. Can you make phone calls though?

Yes, I am with AT&T and I can make and receive calls... I bought the phone from my friend and AT&T knows about it. When I first got the 3g I couldactivate my voicemail but the 3g phone was still under edge from my 2g. I had to upgrade to 3g for $10 a month. After I upgraded, I started having thevoicemail problems.

Back
Top Bottom