Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by scshift

I still don't see what's so good about the ipad. Unless they added something new, isn't it still an oversized ipod touch?
Tablets in general are a funny niche. It almost seems like technology is going backwards. I cant do half of the things I would want to do on this device, even if I was just browsing the web. THen you have to spend all this money on adapters that seem so standard, and then you need another computer to rip dvds/cds.. I'm just kind of in a "mind blown" state of shock. It just seems like a product that would've released before laptops.. Then laptops come out with the true functionality blowing people away. Here, it's opposite.. 

I can see where Apple is going though. It's not really a standalone product, since you need another computer to get stuff (unless you buy all new or transfer licenses over). So they are definitely using this as a family network type product. A product that relies on other Apple products. It's perfect marketing though. But anything you say here to the contrary, is complete "hate" speech.

A lot of the basic daily things people do on the computer can be done on a tablet like:

Surf the web,watch movies,listen to music,play games,instant messaging,webcam chat,facebook,read newspaper,read magazines,check weather,check email 

and you have to understand that tablets right now are just second options to your desktop/laptop their not meant to replace your laptop or desktop 

In the future i think tablets will replace laptops for sure but right now their just a second option/luxuriantly item and thats it 

Tablets are definitely not needed but having the option to carry a tablet around or a laptop is good

As for the last statement you don't need other apple products to use the ipad,ipod or iphone 

I still don't see what's so good about the ipad. Unless they added something new, isn't it still an oversized ipod touch?
Tablets in general are a funny niche. It almost seems like technology is going backwards. I cant do half of the things I would want to do on this device, even if I was just browsing the web. THen you have to spend all this money on adapters that seem so standard, and then you need another computer to rip dvds/cds.. I'm just kind of in a "mind blown" state of shock. It just seems like a product that would've released before laptops.. Then laptops come out with the true functionality blowing people away. Here, it's opposite.. 

I can see where Apple is going though. It's not really a standalone product, since you need another computer to get stuff (unless you buy all new or transfer licenses over). So they are definitely using this as a family network type product. A product that relies on other Apple products. It's perfect marketing though. But anything you say here to the contrary, is complete "hate" speech.

A lot of the basic daily things people do on the computer can be done on a tablet like:

Surf the web,watch movies,listen to music,play games,instant messaging,webcam chat,facebook,read newspaper,read magazines,check weather,check email 

and you have to understand that tablets right now are just second options to your desktop/laptop their not meant to replace your laptop or desktop 

In the future i think tablets will replace laptops for sure but right now their just a second option/luxuriantly item and thats it 

Tablets are definitely not needed but having the option to carry a tablet around or a laptop is good

As for the last statement you don't need other apple products to use the ipad,ipod or iphone 

What is going to be my best bet to try and find one tomorrow (for retail)? Should I try calling around or is it a good bet that they're all gone?

What is going to be my best bet to try and find one tomorrow (for retail)? Should I try calling around or is it a good bet that they're all gone?

Eh, to be honest, I think tablets can/do provide a different experience for users.  While you can do pretty much the same things (and even more) on a computer/laptop, the primary difference is user interaction.  For ex., try looking around the world on Google Maps/Earth on your computer using a mouse, and then do the same using an iPad.  Maybe it's just me, but the experience is significantly different.  As far as iPad vs. smaller touchscreen devices (such as iPhones), I think screen size is the primary differentiator there. 

Devices like iPads are much more portable as well, so convenience is another attribute to consider.  Of course, laptops are portable, but it's much easier to pull out an iPad to read the news, on say your metro transit, than it is to open your laptop, turn it on, wait for it to load, etc. etc.

Not trying to promote the product, but just some points I wanted to mention.

Eh, to be honest, I think tablets can/do provide a different experience for users.  While you can do pretty much the same things (and even more) on a computer/laptop, the primary difference is user interaction.  For ex., try looking around the world on Google Maps/Earth on your computer using a mouse, and then do the same using an iPad.  Maybe it's just me, but the experience is significantly different.  As far as iPad vs. smaller touchscreen devices (such as iPhones), I think screen size is the primary differentiator there. 

Devices like iPads are much more portable as well, so convenience is another attribute to consider.  Of course, laptops are portable, but it's much easier to pull out an iPad to read the news, on say your metro transit, than it is to open your laptop, turn it on, wait for it to load, etc. etc.

Not trying to promote the product, but just some points I wanted to mention.

Nope, In sense it may seem the ipad or any other tablet goes back in technology, but its way far more advance than when laptop were being introduced to the average consumer, laptops are powerful cause we've have them for quite sometime so technology allowed it to grow and become faster and thinner. Laptop require mechanical moving parts, tablets work on no moving parts decreases the mechanical problems we have in laptops (bad harddrives, bad cd drive, so on and so forth) tablets are instant on boot it up takes about 10-20 seconds from a turn-off to turn of switch, on standby 1.5 seconds. laptops take forever cause the moving parts have to communicate with the processors and many components that allow it to talk to each other. Were also moving to cloud computing were in the case you don't need a massive amount of hdd memory in a device cause you can simply sync your info to servers around the world if you device don't have the info inside your tablet just download it from the cloud storage servers and as log as you have internet connection your info is good to go. Certain tablets don't require you to have a computer to sync information, the ipad is certain cases you must sync it to use effectively, mobile Operating systems like Google Android Honeycomb doesn't require you to do that, just sync it over the air(internet) with you gmail account and your good to go.

looking forward into the future laptops will be a thing of the past, cause it takes time to get technology at its peak and the tablet device have yet nick it at the surface cause you still have limitations, but those limitations can be gone in a matter of months and a couple of years. I expect less people buy netbooks this year and less people buying bargain basement laptops cause the sole purpose of those are just to surf the net, and a tablet has the usability to make it easier, effectively and has the both the battery life and value to put money on than a cheap netbook that can't really give you a great experience. Tablets aren't new, we've have them run Desktop OS with laptop hardware, those were okay for certain users, but if your an average consumer you not using programs like "smartboard" you wana play angrybirds and watch movies that don't have the weight of a laptop and doen't require you to use a pen.

Tablets man you better go get one.

Nope, In sense it may seem the ipad or any other tablet goes back in technology, but its way far more advance than when laptop were being introduced to the average consumer, laptops are powerful cause we've have them for quite sometime so technology allowed it to grow and become faster and thinner. Laptop require mechanical moving parts, tablets work on no moving parts decreases the mechanical problems we have in laptops (bad harddrives, bad cd drive, so on and so forth) tablets are instant on boot it up takes about 10-20 seconds from a turn-off to turn of switch, on standby 1.5 seconds. laptops take forever cause the moving parts have to communicate with the processors and many components that allow it to talk to each other. Were also moving to cloud computing were in the case you don't need a massive amount of hdd memory in a device cause you can simply sync your info to servers around the world if you device don't have the info inside your tablet just download it from the cloud storage servers and as log as you have internet connection your info is good to go. Certain tablets don't require you to have a computer to sync information, the ipad is certain cases you must sync it to use effectively, mobile Operating systems like Google Android Honeycomb doesn't require you to do that, just sync it over the air(internet) with you gmail account and your good to go.

looking forward into the future laptops will be a thing of the past, cause it takes time to get technology at its peak and the tablet device have yet nick it at the surface cause you still have limitations, but those limitations can be gone in a matter of months and a couple of years. I expect less people buy netbooks this year and less people buying bargain basement laptops cause the sole purpose of those are just to surf the net, and a tablet has the usability to make it easier, effectively and has the both the battery life and value to put money on than a cheap netbook that can't really give you a great experience. Tablets aren't new, we've have them run Desktop OS with laptop hardware, those were okay for certain users, but if your an average consumer you not using programs like "smartboard" you wana play angrybirds and watch movies that don't have the weight of a laptop and doen't require you to use a pen.

Tablets man you better go get one.

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Originally Posted by MHT214

Anyone having trouble with the Invisible shield?

I'm having trouble too! The cut for the film is too big! I want to return mind. Sidebar - didn't have to wait in line, my old university bookstore reserved mine
pimp.gif
White wifi 32gb btw
people at bestbuy were saying that films were being recalled because it does not fit ipad 2. they opened like 20 of them and none of them fit. if you bought the film, go return it. 

I'm having trouble too! The cut for the film is too big! I want to return mind. Sidebar - didn't have to wait in line, my old university bookstore reserved mine
pimp.gif
White wifi 32gb btw
people at bestbuy were saying that films were being recalled because it does not fit ipad 2. they opened like 20 of them and none of them fit. if you bought the film, go return it. 

Got a black 32gb wifi from Apple Soho earlier. White ipads were the first to sell out. By the time I got inside (~8:30), all the wifi's they had left were black 32gb and 64gb.

Got a black 32gb wifi from Apple Soho earlier. White ipads were the first to sell out. By the time I got inside (~8:30), all the wifi's they had left were black 32gb and 64gb.

will be looking to buy the ipad 1 sometime soon before I head to europe. BTW i would not mess with Invisi shield. I bought 2 for my iphone 4 for 30$ and both ended up peeling off pretty quickly with my case on it. But maybe its different with the iPad

will be looking to buy the ipad 1 sometime soon before I head to europe. BTW i would not mess with Invisi shield. I bought 2 for my iphone 4 for 30$ and both ended up peeling off pretty quickly with my case on it. But maybe its different with the iPad

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

I'm having trouble too! The cut for the film is too big! I want to return mind.

Sidebar - didn't have to wait in line, my old university bookstore reserved mine
pimp.gif

White wifi 32gb btw

invisible shields is trash product, get the 3M shields those have a far more better cut and better hi-grade quality product its $$ but worth it.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

I'm having trouble too! The cut for the film is too big! I want to return mind.

Sidebar - didn't have to wait in line, my old university bookstore reserved mine
pimp.gif

White wifi 32gb btw

invisible shields is trash product, get the 3M shields those have a far more better cut and better hi-grade quality product its $$ but worth it.

i went to my local mall today not even realizing the ipad was coming out and there was like 500 heads outside of the apple store by 5 pm
sick.gif

i went to my local mall today not even realizing the ipad was coming out and there was like 500 heads outside of the apple store by 5 pm
sick.gif

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

I got an Ipad one BRAND NEW had for bout 3 weeks for sale 300 Shipped hit me up.  with the apple case.

pimp.gif
Ipad 2 though.

CHECK YOUR PM 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

I got an Ipad one BRAND NEW had for bout 3 weeks for sale 300 Shipped hit me up.  with the apple case.

pimp.gif
Ipad 2 though.

CHECK YOUR PM 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Really enjoying it so far. It's 2am and I'm still up I have to be at work at 9am. Guess I'll lay down now. I hope everyone who got one is happy with it. Sent from my iPad

Back
Top Bottom