Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

If iOS5 doesn't deliver I'm going with honeycomb...

Chrome Browser (Incognito
pimp.gif
)
Better multitasking
Flash
Ever growing market (All the actually useful apps are developing for both android and apple so who cares that apple has more crappy apps)
An OS actually developed for a tablet experience (To me iPad feels like a bigger iPhone while the xoom feels like a mini touch computer)
Fully customizable

If iOS5 doesn't deliver I'm going with honeycomb...

Chrome Browser (Incognito
pimp.gif
)
Better multitasking
Flash
Ever growing market (All the actually useful apps are developing for both android and apple so who cares that apple has more crappy apps)
An OS actually developed for a tablet experience (To me iPad feels like a bigger iPhone while the xoom feels like a mini touch computer)
Fully customizable

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by MrBen23

The iPhone as an innovator and "best in technology?"
laugh.gif
You guys know that Japan's and S. Korea's mobile technology puts ours (U.S.) to shame right?

I went through 6 pages just to say FINALLY to your comment

I'm interested to see what the iPad 2 has to offer tomorrow 

You do know the most important parts from the iPhone are from south korea right? His statement makes no sense

Whenever I read your posts it makes me want to bang my head against my desk repeatedly.  He is simply stating that cell phones in Japan are ahead of ours as far as their features and capabilities.  Like LimitedRetroOG mentioning Nokia... average consumers get all giddy and excited about front facing cameras and higher megapixel rear cameras I always get international travelers in my store with phones that make me
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
and I buy new phones every couple of months so his statement actually makes sense

Very, true. Look at NFC (Near Field Communication) technology that is already a norm in Asian countries, and were US is now just getting into the field of NFC tech(with Android already having the heads up, Blackberry following suit and Apple rumoring they will participate). I would like all the major companies to actullty have a joint venture with this tech, cause i see it in the near future it will be fragmented if the software isn't close enough that you need a certain phone to use NFC.

Innovation does not start at consumer products its starts at the Companies who invent the hardware and give it to the companies who develop the software to make it functional.

Originally Posted by MrBen23

The iPhone as an innovator and "best in technology?"
laugh.gif
You guys know that Japan's and S. Korea's mobile technology puts ours (U.S.) to shame right?

I went through 6 pages just to say FINALLY to your comment

I'm interested to see what the iPad 2 has to offer tomorrow 

You do know the most important parts from the iPhone are from south korea right? His statement makes no sense

Whenever I read your posts it makes me want to bang my head against my desk repeatedly.  He is simply stating that cell phones in Japan are ahead of ours as far as their features and capabilities.  Like LimitedRetroOG mentioning Nokia... average consumers get all giddy and excited about front facing cameras and higher megapixel rear cameras I always get international travelers in my store with phones that make me
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
and I buy new phones every couple of months so his statement actually makes sense

Very, true. Look at NFC (Near Field Communication) technology that is already a norm in Asian countries, and were US is now just getting into the field of NFC tech(with Android already having the heads up, Blackberry following suit and Apple rumoring they will participate). I would like all the major companies to actullty have a joint venture with this tech, cause i see it in the near future it will be fragmented if the software isn't close enough that you need a certain phone to use NFC.

Innovation does not start at consumer products its starts at the Companies who invent the hardware and give it to the companies who develop the software to make it functional.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Google NTT Docomo.

Sorry but this does little to prove your point. Look at their smartphone offerings. Blackberry Curve 9300, Galaxy S, Lynx 3D, MediaS N-04C, Optimus Chat, Optimus Pad, Regza Phone, Xperia Arc. Blackberry Curve and Galaxy S already available in US. Lynx 3D is kind of cool too but the only "new" feature is 3D. Media S nice form factor but display is not better than Retina really just another Android phone would take a newer US Android device over it. Optimus Chat garbage phone wont waste time. Regza T-01C most redeeming factor is having a tv tuner. Xperia Arc just like the other phones good quality phone but nothing special.

I am waiting to see these mind blowing Asian phones that you guys are raving about. Alchemist IQ is right about NFC being popular and standard over there but that is coming to the US and im not even sold on NFC. From my time looking through phones throughout the years Asian phone manufacturers are better aesthetic wise on creating phones but outside of that the only advantage they have over US is infrastructure wise.

Google NTT Docomo.

Sorry but this does little to prove your point. Look at their smartphone offerings. Blackberry Curve 9300, Galaxy S, Lynx 3D, MediaS N-04C, Optimus Chat, Optimus Pad, Regza Phone, Xperia Arc. Blackberry Curve and Galaxy S already available in US. Lynx 3D is kind of cool too but the only "new" feature is 3D. Media S nice form factor but display is not better than Retina really just another Android phone would take a newer US Android device over it. Optimus Chat garbage phone wont waste time. Regza T-01C most redeeming factor is having a tv tuner. Xperia Arc just like the other phones good quality phone but nothing special.

I am waiting to see these mind blowing Asian phones that you guys are raving about. Alchemist IQ is right about NFC being popular and standard over there but that is coming to the US and im not even sold on NFC. From my time looking through phones throughout the years Asian phone manufacturers are better aesthetic wise on creating phones but outside of that the only advantage they have over US is infrastructure wise.

if it has flash, video chat, 120gb hard drive and higher resolution then ima be the first in line to cop the most expensive version they sell!

if it has flash, video chat, 120gb hard drive and higher resolution then ima be the first in line to cop the most expensive version they sell!

Google NTT Docomo.

You think they care about having a BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, etc.? +%%% NO.
laugh.gif
They can do that stuff on regular cell phones.
laugh.gif
They don't need an Android phone to go on the internet.
laugh.gif
Which is why I mentioned NTT Docomo which are pretty much all regular non-smart phones.

Google NTT Docomo.

You think they care about having a BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, etc.? +%%% NO.
laugh.gif
They can do that stuff on regular cell phones.
laugh.gif
They don't need an Android phone to go on the internet.
laugh.gif
Which is why I mentioned NTT Docomo which are pretty much all regular non-smart phones.

There is an article I read on a blog that the Asian markets are looking to develop their own mobile os, like android and ios. They also have industry leaders behind them such as HTC and Motorola I also think HTTP is in it as well. Ill have to find the article later for you.
Just because they can do this from a non smartphone doesn't mean they don't want a mobile os to call their own and is equally as powerfully as android and ios respectively. The Asian markets make great strides in hardware innovation but when they make an os its always some rehash copy of another USA os other.

There is an article I read on a blog that the Asian markets are looking to develop their own mobile os, like android and ios. They also have industry leaders behind them such as HTC and Motorola I also think HTTP is in it as well. Ill have to find the article later for you.
Just because they can do this from a non smartphone doesn't mean they don't want a mobile os to call their own and is equally as powerfully as android and ios respectively. The Asian markets make great strides in hardware innovation but when they make an os its always some rehash copy of another USA os other.

I believe they already have their own OS. Bada.

Isn't that a closed os to only Samsung phones? This is gonna open source, joint venture.
Anyways bada is not powerful as Android and ios.

Back
Top Bottom