Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

11x0302boaelagb3.jpg

11x0302boaelagb2.jpg

11x0302boaelagb-1299051178.jpg

11x0302boaelagb4.jpg

Spoiler [+]
ruhroh128548602003264776.jpg

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Pics of the actual product may have leaked prior to today's announcement.

Oh I thought you were disappointed by the fact its gonna look similar with few functions added
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Pics of the actual product may have leaked prior to today's announcement.

Oh I thought you were disappointed by the fact its gonna look similar with few functions added
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

If this thing is really only $400, I'm copping.

I never heard its gonna possibly be 400$
eek.gif

That would be most
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Its possible but I think unlikely. Why It is possible is because Apple is Samsungs biggest partner right now so they get the parts for cheaper since they buy in such large quantity. Peep this article..

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Apple about to buy up 3.7 billion in parts from Samsung[/h1]
c5e40bf79ff73c8ee2a22d2696fa9aa5

[h5]Joshua Schnell[/h5]
Mon, Feb 14, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Korea Economic Daily, the Wall Street Journal and NASDAQ newswire are all reporting that Apple is about to secure LCD displays, NAND memory, and processors from Samsung to the tune of $7.8 billion dollars.

That’s a lot of money.

Apple‘s previously had supply issues as suppliers have struggled to keep up with demand for the iPhone and iPad. It makes sense that Apple’s moving to secure their supply before products begin shipping. Remember, it’s been rumored that we’ll be seeing an iPad 2 and iPhone 5 announcement in the near future.

Apple’s also been rumored to be working alongside Samsung to create a new factory that would focus on pumping out displays for upcoming products. Everyone’s favorite analyst, Gene Munster, thinks that it might be for televisions.

If this turns out to be true, procuring the necessary parts for an iPhone and iPad update would be huge. As more iPhone and iPad competitors aim to make a splash in the market, getting hands on the necessary parts will become increasingly difficult for Apple. Buying up their supply beforehand is a very smart move.

Article Via TUAW and NASDAQ
Photo Credit: Purplelime

http://www.flickr.com/photos/purplelime/5435950583/sizes/z/in/pool-364964@N24/

Back
Top Bottom