Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Used 16gb iPad going for around $400 on the bay now. Flip and upgrade
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

The fact that the iPad has already been out for a year, and sold the numbers it did before another company could produce a competitor shows that Apple is doing something right. People are not going to just throw their iPads in the dumpster and cop a xoom, it's a recession, motorola lost before they even played the game.

iPad isnt going anywhere they have already made their way into big time fortune 100 company's and are becoming alternatives to many expensive pieces of hardware (i.e. that radiology monitors).

[h4]http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/01/ipad-gets-approval-from-faa-to-replace-paper-flight-charts-and-m/[/h4]
[h4]iPad gets approval from FAA to replace paper flight charts and maps [/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Mar 1st 2011 at 9:03AM

The Federal Aviation Administration is moving with the times, it would seem, as it has just granted the first approval for the use of iPads instead of paper charts for informing airline pilots while on duty. There are already a number of EFB (electronic flight bag) devices in use, however the iPad is by far the cheapest and most portable one that's been validated yet. Executive Jet Management, a charter flight operator, went through three months of testing with the iPad, wherein it was used by 55 pilots on 250 flights, in order to obtain its FAA license to rely exclusively on the Apple tablet for its in-flight mapping data. Other airlines will have to go through the same process in order to dump their big stacks of paper charts for a slinky slate, but the important thing is that the precedent has been set. As to redundancies in case of failure or a software crash, the likeliest scenario is that pilots will carry a spare iPad with them, though there wasn't even a single (software) crash during the trial period -- which also included rapid decompression and electronic interference testing.

Originally Posted by quik1987

The fact that the iPad has already been out for a year, and sold the numbers it did before another company could produce a competitor shows that Apple is doing something right. People are not going to just throw their iPads in the dumpster and cop a xoom, it's a recession, motorola lost before they even played the game.

iPad isnt going anywhere they have already made their way into big time fortune 100 company's and are becoming alternatives to many expensive pieces of hardware (i.e. that radiology monitors).

[h4]http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/01/ipad-gets-approval-from-faa-to-replace-paper-flight-charts-and-m/[/h4]
[h4]iPad gets approval from FAA to replace paper flight charts and maps [/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Mar 1st 2011 at 9:03AM

The Federal Aviation Administration is moving with the times, it would seem, as it has just granted the first approval for the use of iPads instead of paper charts for informing airline pilots while on duty. There are already a number of EFB (electronic flight bag) devices in use, however the iPad is by far the cheapest and most portable one that's been validated yet. Executive Jet Management, a charter flight operator, went through three months of testing with the iPad, wherein it was used by 55 pilots on 250 flights, in order to obtain its FAA license to rely exclusively on the Apple tablet for its in-flight mapping data. Other airlines will have to go through the same process in order to dump their big stacks of paper charts for a slinky slate, but the important thing is that the precedent has been set. As to redundancies in case of failure or a software crash, the likeliest scenario is that pilots will carry a spare iPad with them, though there wasn't even a single (software) crash during the trial period -- which also included rapid decompression and electronic interference testing.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Android's catalog is just fine. Sure, it may not be as big as the iOS' yet, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of legitimate apps on Android and it's not getting bigger.
Exactly. Dude just doesn't want to admit that flash is important and that most of the apps in the Apple market are useless. Androids App Market is growing more and more and has a lot of great apps to boast. Not to mention the customizing ability of Android. U jailbrake ur Apple product and it still looks the same
laugh.gif
  How long did it take the iPhone to get mms capabilities? When will facetime work over the network?  That Android 3.0 looks
eek.gif
I'm so tempte to get the G-Slate when it drops but I'll probably just hope for a flash for my Tab

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Android's catalog is just fine. Sure, it may not be as big as the iOS' yet, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of legitimate apps on Android and it's not getting bigger.
Exactly. Dude just doesn't want to admit that flash is important and that most of the apps in the Apple market are useless. Androids App Market is growing more and more and has a lot of great apps to boast. Not to mention the customizing ability of Android. U jailbrake ur Apple product and it still looks the same
laugh.gif
  How long did it take the iPhone to get mms capabilities? When will facetime work over the network?  That Android 3.0 looks
eek.gif
I'm so tempte to get the G-Slate when it drops but I'll probably just hope for a flash for my Tab

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by Mr718

pimp.gif
Good luck getting more than $400 for it, if that.  Refurbished 16gb are only $430.

pimp.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Close enough
wink.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

pimp.gif
Good luck getting more than $400 for it, if that.  Refurbished 16gb are only $430.

pimp.gif

Close enough
wink.gif

pricing details gonna be revealed tomorrow, too?
any idea yet what they're gonna be like?

pricing details gonna be revealed tomorrow, too?
any idea yet what they're gonna be like?

Originally Posted by MrBen23

The iPhone as an innovator and "best in technology?"
laugh.gif
You guys know that Japan's and S. Korea's mobile technology puts ours (U.S.) to shame right?

I went through 6 pages just to say FINALLY to your comment

I'm interested to see what the iPad 2 has to offer tomorrow 

laugh.gif
You guys know that Japan's and S. Korea's mobile technology puts ours (U.S.) to shame right?

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

laugh.gif

You do know the most important parts from the iPhone are from south korea right? His statement makes no sense

laugh.gif

You do know the most important parts from the iPhone are from south korea right? His statement makes no sense

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

laugh.gif

Whenever I read your posts it makes me want to bang my head against my desk repeatedly.  He is simply stating that cell phones in Japan are ahead of ours as far as their features and capabilities.  Like LimitedRetroOG mentioning Nokia... average consumers get all giddy and excited about front facing cameras and higher megapixel rear cameras I always get international travelers in my store with phones that make me
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
and I buy new phones every couple of months so his statement actually makes sense

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

laugh.gif

Whenever I read your posts it makes me want to bang my head against my desk repeatedly.  He is simply stating that cell phones in Japan are ahead of ours as far as their features and capabilities.  Like LimitedRetroOG mentioning Nokia... average consumers get all giddy and excited about front facing cameras and higher megapixel rear cameras I always get international travelers in my store with phones that make me
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
and I buy new phones every couple of months so his statement actually makes sense

Back
Top Bottom