Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

cant wait to see what Apple does with this...

this will determine if I cop the xoom or ipad2

iOS 5 may be previewed at this event. Interesting what plans they have for the latest iteration. Hopefully a new notification system, update to safari, update to camera application (built in effects to the camera), update the weather app to be something along the lines of the stock app (i.e. landscape view shows more information), and updated mail app.

iOS 5 may be previewed at this event. Interesting what plans they have for the latest iteration. Hopefully a new notification system, update to safari, update to camera application (built in effects to the camera), update the weather app to be something along the lines of the stock app (i.e. landscape view shows more information), and updated mail app.

Originally Posted by CuteUglyhaha

Ipad 3 projected for Fall 2011 and Ipad 4 Christmas 2011...
pimp.gif

gonna cop both just because I got it like that

The iPhone as an innovator and "best in technology?"
laugh.gif
You guys know that Japan's and S. Korea's mobile technology puts ours (U.S.) to shame right?

laugh.gif
You guys know that Japan's and S. Korea's mobile technology puts ours (U.S.) to shame right?

Originally Posted by MrBen23

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I've been saying this. The fact that they're on full 5G and we're on 3.5G (aka "4G") is enough proof.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrBen23

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I've been saying this. The fact that they're on full 5G and we're on 3.5G (aka "4G") is enough proof.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

You're gonna want the Xoom.
Sorry but what functional advantages does the Xoom have over the iPad. Yes I know the specs are better and you can overclock it to 1.5 GHZ but what is the whole point when your software library is buns. A tablet is supposed to entertain and be functional which can ONLY be accomplished by a good software library. I see that Nvida is trying to push developers to start taking advantage of the Tegra 2 chips with the "Tegra Zone" but so far their best offerings are a HD version of Fruit Ninja. Honeycomb looks to be a good OS with a lot of promise but most of my time on a tablet will be outside of the home screen in another application. Android NEEDs some form of VOD service, better games, and overall just better support from HW manufacturers to release on time updates. It seems as if the Android community is more concern about customizing their devices rather than actually making them more functional. This is the same issue I had with Linux, I could customize the hell out of any Linux distribution from desktop environment to file browser but what i was lacking was any form of functionality out of the operating system.

Most people are going to disregard this post and say "just another fanboy post" but these are legitimate complaints about the OS.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

You're gonna want the Xoom.
Sorry but what functional advantages does the Xoom have over the iPad. Yes I know the specs are better and you can overclock it to 1.5 GHZ but what is the whole point when your software library is buns. A tablet is supposed to entertain and be functional which can ONLY be accomplished by a good software library. I see that Nvida is trying to push developers to start taking advantage of the Tegra 2 chips with the "Tegra Zone" but so far their best offerings are a HD version of Fruit Ninja. Honeycomb looks to be a good OS with a lot of promise but most of my time on a tablet will be outside of the home screen in another application. Android NEEDs some form of VOD service, better games, and overall just better support from HW manufacturers to release on time updates. It seems as if the Android community is more concern about customizing their devices rather than actually making them more functional. This is the same issue I had with Linux, I could customize the hell out of any Linux distribution from desktop environment to file browser but what i was lacking was any form of functionality out of the operating system.

Most people are going to disregard this post and say "just another fanboy post" but these are legitimate complaints about the OS.

Back
Top Bottom