Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

I agree, Robinson just looks lost out there lol, but eventually he will pick it up, or so I hope...We gotta grab that win against the mavs, we always seem to lose to them, but now that the rocket killer Terry is gone, maybe we can make up that loss of the Wiz/Bucks game with a win here..Dmo was super smooth tonight, kinda was wondering why he didn't play a lot in the 4th q...

It's way too early, but Thomas Robinson could be just another Jordan Hill. A lot of physical gifts, but not enough basketball skill and feel to match it. Hill hasn't lived up to being a high lottery draft pick, but he's found a niche as a hustler and banger. I think that's Robinson's path if he wants to be successful down the line.

Last edited:
I agree, Robinson just looks lost out there lol, but eventually he will pick it up, or so I hope...We gotta grab that win against the mavs, we always seem to lose to them, but now that the rocket killer Terry is gone, maybe we can make up that loss of the Wiz/Bucks game with a win here..Dmo was super smooth tonight, kinda was wondering why he didn't play a lot in the 4th q...
No doubt we need these wins, every game is like a playoff game for us until the end of the season.. DMo was great on offense and has a good skill set and footwork, but his defense needs a lot of work still.  He was playing matador defense and getting blown by left and right and jumping up on pump fakes.  He'll get better though as he gets more play time.  As far a TRob it's only been two games so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he played awful tonight both on the defensive and offensive end.  Maybe we'll see a Terrence Jones sighting in the future, McHale needs to give this kid a chance..

if anything, the trade opens up minutes for DMo. it is his job in the future. his ceiliing is so high because of his offensive skill set. once he physically grows into his body, he will be a beast down low and his outside touch is smooth.

Wishful thinking on the Bobcats beating the Jazz, lol
laugh.gif
  At least the Warriors lost, still siting 1/2 back of the Jazz in the 8th spot..

if anything, the trade opens up minutes for DMo. it is his job in the future. his ceiliing is so high because of his offensive skill set. once he physically grows into his body, he will be a beast down low and his outside touch is smooth.
word. Dude also needs to learn to play defense at this level. He's so lost out there, but so do the rest of the Rockets outside of Aski :lol:

I'm hoping T-Rob can be better than J.Hill. He's still just a rookie and has some time to grow. Hopefully Dream and McHale can work with him.

It's way too early, but Thomas Robinson could be just another Jordan Hill. A lot of physical gifts, but not enough basketball skill and feel to match it. Hill hasn't lived up to being a high lottery draft pick, but he's found a niche as a hustler and banger. I think that's Robinson's path if he wants to be successful down the line.

For the love of God I hope you're 500% wrong about that :x :lol:

With Golden State losing again now we're 1 game behind the Warriors and 1/2 behind the Jazz :smile: Gotta do work tomorrow night against the Mavs!!  With a win we'll be tied for the 7th spot and if the Jazz and Warriors lose on Monday we'll be tied for the 6th spot..

Last edited:

didn't jordan hill also not play basketball until very late?

whoo, let's go Rockets! A win against the mavs tonight will be huge, especially if the lakers lose as well..we would be half game back of the 6th seeded gsw...I wish the memphis can make a push and grab that 3rd seed, I think we match up very well with them. 
pimp.gif

didn't jordan hill also not play basketball until very late?

I'm not sure, but the fact that they were traded in the same fashion is :x

TMac in the Toyota center tonight :nthat:

I'm honestly shocked he got such a good reception from the crowd. I guess people are remembering the good he actually did here instead of his injuries and underwhelming end before his trade.

Keep it up playas :pimp: :pimp:

I'm honestly shocked he got such a good reception from the crowd. I guess people are remembering the good he actually did here instead of his injuries and underwhelming end before his trade.

Keep it up playas
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Ever since TMac's persistent back problems began to slow him down he wasn't the same player as before the injury.  It always seemed like when he was healthy Yao was hurt and vice versa and the fact he never got us out of the 1st round of the playoffs.  Other than that he will always be one of the "Elite" Houston Rockets basketball players.  When I think of TMac this is the play that always comes to mind:

About time we beat the Mavs, it's been forever, Great game for CP. And Robinson didn't look too bad out there tonight.

#PopIt4Parsons :pimp:

Good Game for Lin & Harden, D-Mo took some rebounds away from Asik but it's all good. Beverly still balling, and ThRob played like a different person tonight. And an Ohlbrecht sighting :wow:

Back
Top Bottom