OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

James Mirtle @mirtle
Bruins were also offered much higher first rounders than 15th overall, which adds to strangeness of the trade.

Fluto Shinzawa @GlobeFluto
Rival GM: "They wanted much more from us."

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 25m25 minutes ago
Hearing the Bruins asked for good young players and picks from other teams for Hamilton. Good get for Calgary.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 16m16 minutes ago
Bold move by CGY to acquire Hamilton; will have to wait to see what's BOS angle, sounds like there may be more (Lucic?) to come.

If Sweeney wants to go into tank mode I'll take Big Z as a Duck. 2 3rds should do it? :wink:

Last edited:
I am absolutely livid that the Bruins would trade their emerging stud defensemen for picks!

I was excited to see what Dougie could do this season and was ready for him to take over and be the #1 man on the blue line and they do this to me!!!

Now, they have a really good group of defenseman in Brodie, Gio, Russell, Wideman and Dougie.

This is upsetting!
Every Flames fan I know HATE Dennis Wideman. 
laugh.gif

Every Flames fan I know HATE Dennis Wideman. :lol:

LOL! Don't worry, when he was with the Bruins EVERYBODY hated him and his bonehead plays.

I got NHL CenterIce last season and I exclusively watched the Flames for Gaudreau and I must say I was impressed with his play when paired with Russell. I kept asking myself "why couldn't this crackhead have played like this with the Bruins?"

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 3m3 minutes ago

Believe LA was waiting for medical clearance before making Lucic trade. Once they do, would expect it involves 13th pick among other pieces.

Christ. Why's it gotta be LA. :smh:

Hamilton trade does seem odd, if a first and 2 seconds was going to get it done I would have gladly given up that

lisa dillman ‏@reallisa 55s55 seconds ago Huntington Beach, CA

LAK source says Lucic deal is done

Gonna hate going against him 5 times a year + playoffs. >:

Martin Jones + 13 +______?

Tuukka trade next? :nerd:

Last edited:
Tyler Shakur
‏@FortShox

Is BOS just gonna send all their pieces to the Pacific to play against Chiarelli's #Oilers?

:lol:

James MirtleVerified account
‏@mirtle

The Kings Lucic-Richards-Brown line is sure going to do some damage.

To their cap.

:lol: :smh: :frown:

Saw that Toffoli is signed for another 2 years :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Come out of work to see we traded for Lucic :x :lol:

Just read the Bruins retained nearly half of his contract. Meh. I guess that makes it a tad bit better.

Last edited:
in the past 5 years or so, we've traded the likes of Phil Kessel, Tyler Seguin, Johnny Boychuk, Dougie Hamilton, and Milan Lucic....

what.the.f***.

Back
Top Bottom